ADVERTISEMENT

Classless or missed laundry day...

jamasterj

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2001
I flew in late last night from Dallas and I noticed this female at that airport wearing a Wichita St. shirt and I assumed she was an athlete and was thinking about striking up a conversation with her about Keitha Adams. Well, I soon realized it was former miner Kelie Wellingham(sp) and I have to say I was really disappointed in her. I'm sure she loves her Alma mater but I have to question why she would be all decked out in Shocker attire from head to toe, literally. Shirt, back pack, shorts and even with matching shoes. I get that she's an employee now with them but to go back to EP and UTEP as a billboard for WSU is a bit of a diss and classless on her part, almost rubbing it in... who does that?

I flew in late last night from Dallas and I noticed this female at that airport wearing a Wichita St. shirt and I assumed she was an athlete and was thinking about striking up a conversation with her about Keitha Adams. Well, I soon realized it was former miner Kelie Wellingham(sp) and I have to say I was really disappointed in her. I'm sure she loves her Alma mater but I have to question why she would be all decked out in Shocker attire from head to toe, literally. Shirt, back pack, shorts and even with matching shoes. I get that she's an employee now with them but to go back to EP and UTEP as a billboard for WSU is a bit of a diss and classless on her part, almost rubbing it in... who does that?

Who puts food on her table?

Reactions: develman
Its like saying Tim Floyd should be wearing La Tech gear all the time.

I disagree. UTEP employs Tim Floyd. If TF wore LA Tech gear, that'd be a true sign of disrespect. Wellingham is currently employed by Wichita St, so I don't see the issue with her wearing their garb. Basically, she's paid to wear Shocker gear (as ugly as their colors are). She's moved on, as has UTEP. It is what it is.

I disagree. UTEP employs Tim Floyd. If TF wore LA Tech gear, that'd be a true sign of disrespect. Wellingham is currently employed by Wichita St, so I don't see the issue with her wearing their garb. Basically, she's paid to wear Shocker gear (as ugly as their colors are). She's moved on, as has UTEP. It is what it is.
I think you agreed with his point.

My issue is not about her wearing their garb, it's about where she wore it to that's all.
It just didn't sit well with me, why would she come back here, with the hiring still fresh in the minds of miner nation, sporting their gear. I've always felt that's done to show people up. If I had been working for the Kmart electronics dept for years and decided to go over to Best Buy for employment, I'm not gonna go back to collect my last check in BB's shirt on my day off. It's obvious you're showing them up, c'mon man. I'm just questioning her judgement, I wouldn't have done that...just keeping it classy. I just hope she only had a brain fart and didn't realize how tacky that would be or she just ran out of clean clothes.

Get a grip. She's a Shocker now, she wears their gear.

Probably started the day in Wichita or doing Wichita-related business.

Even if she didn't, this idea some UTEP fans have that people who leave UTEP shoukd think of our feelings all the time is ridiculous.

Reactions: e-rick and develman
did you report her to the fashion police standing on his Segway? Good Lord, get a life.

She was probably coming back to visit her husband Marcus Bagley who is still in El Paso. So it wasn't a diss it was her coming home for the weekend to see her husband I would assume.

did you report her to the fashion police standing on his Segway? Good Lord, get a life.

Lol, somebody is wound up pretty tight, loosen up, don't let those damn kids get you all worked up...the grass will grow back. SMH

Lol, somebody is wound up pretty tight, loosen up, don't let those damn kids get you all worked up...the grass will grow back. SMH
Ha, you're accusing of somebody wound up tight, when you were offended by workout apparel?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT