ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry applied for UTEP job in 2006?

Were the roles flipped this time? Did Barbee apply for the UTEP job in 2018? (There were all those rumors that he was interested.)

I wanna know how Terry knows so much about Utep? Maybe Utep is his dream job. I never thought that was possible. Ive dreamed of playing for Utep but not coaching. But thats because i was a Utep fan.

Reactions: miner661
I wanna know how Terry knows so much about Utep? Maybe Utep is his dream job. I never thought that was possible.

Imagine being able to read about anything at anytime, wherever you are..................

FiliUTEP, I present to you - The Internet

Wow! Try it for yourself. Go to google.com and type in something you don't know about. I'm guessing there are a vast array of subjects you know nothing about. Pick one. Read about it. Bam! Now you know something new.

Imagine being able to read about anything at anytime, wherever you are..................

Wow! Try it for yourself. Go to google.com and type in something you don't know about. I'm guessing there are a vast array of subjects you know nothing about. Pick one. Read about it. Bam! Now you know something new.

That was pretty funny.

Actually he new alot more from just looking at the internet. He knew about Roy Smallwood and he knew about every coach. Looking up the internet you just find out the basics and what everyone knows. He knew more .

Actually he new alot more from just looking at the internet. He knew about Roy Smallwood and he knew about every coach. Looking up the internet you just find out the basics and what everyone knows. He knew more .

Maybe he found out all his information on the dark web.

Or...perhaps Rodney Terry became a UTEP Basketball enthusiast at an early age, when he learned about the 66 team and the immense civil impact, still revered some 52 years later, those young men provided by defeating UK in the National Championship. Perhaps, just perhaps...Don Haskins became a life-long hero of his, when Terry discovered this white coach from Oklahoma (of all places) had the sack to say, "Screw what society thinks. I'm going to play my best players, regardless of their skin color. I want to win a championship."

This is a legitimate explanation as to why he is so knowledgeable on UTEP Basketball history and why it just may be his dream job. The man is nearly 50. He's a former NCAA Div II player (in Texas) and a tenured head coach. It didn't take him surfing Google to learn of Texas Western/UTEP and its historical significance to the changing landscapes of NCAA Athletics.

I wonder if he dreamed of playing at Utep? Hmm he doesnt look 50 he looks young.

Anyways i think shovellman66 is wrong. Terry didnt use google or the WEB to learn about Utep. He just knows and i do believe him that this is his dream job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT