ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes coming for basketball

WestTxNA3

Four-star recruit
Oct 7, 2015
Heard that for sure 1 maybe more of the assistants with the basketball program are taking other jobs at the same position. You would think that if you were to leave a program that it would be a promotion or better program but that is not the case here. Dont want to reveal the school but they are in the WCC which is not a promotion.

Good luck coach

Heard that for sure 1 maybe more of the assistants with the basketball program are taking other jobs at the same position. You would think that if you were to leave a program that it would be a promotion or better program but that is not the case here. Dont want to reveal the school but they are in the WCC which is not a promotion.

Good luck coach
BYU, Gonzaga, St. Mary's and others not too shabby a basketball league! and I'm guessing Brasswell since he is from Califa! Hopefully not Cantu! :eek:

BYU, Gonzaga, St. Mary's and others not too shabby a basketball league! and I'm guessing Brasswell since he is from Califa! Hopefully not Cantu! :eek:

Bobby gone! And it isn't because he is in line to become the next head coach at Portland. He's taking over assistant head coaching duties along side a first year head coach. When I look at where the assistant coaches are leaving for, it makes me wonder...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UTEP assistant Coach Bob Cantu is expected to be named top assistant at Portland under Terry Porter, source told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="">June 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is Terry Porter, as in former Portland Trailblazer PG Terry Porter. I don't know that I blame Cantu. Best of luck to him.

Does this mean Phil Johnson is officially the coach in waiting now? Let me ask my friends Jim, Jack, and Jose and get back to you.

Reactions: WestTxNA3
Ken Deweese and Vincent McGhee to Northern Colorado
Bob Cantu to Portland

Question: Who is he getting to replace them? Any chance Greg Foster comes back? (I wish)

home-depot-fire-092914.jpg

WELL..., Gabe McCulley posted a cryptic message on his twitter a couple of weeks ago saying he had just gotten of the phone with CTF and he could be making a return to El Paso soon to help with those Miners.

But Cantu was always the 3rd guy in line. Johnson was the top assistant. His move to Portland is probably a step up.

The good news is that Cantu only had the half year at USC, so he was the weakest link in our Triumvirate of Prior Head Coaching Experience Awesomeness

Ken Deweese and Vincent McGhee to Northern Colorado
Bob Cantu to Portland

Question: Who is he getting to replace them? Any chance Greg Foster comes back? (I wish)
Gabe McCulley spoke to Floyd about returning to coach about 2 weeks ago! :cool: One of my all time favorite players. His senior year he seemed like a coach on the floor!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT