ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Realignment and UTEP - Again

I'd like for Dr. Wilson to simply be aware that realignment is coming. TV contracts will begin expiring after the 2022/2023 season and conferences don't wait until the last minute to put the pieces in place to maximize revenue. And knowing that, to position UTEP in the best light possible.

Believe me, I know that will be a Heculean task but she's the school President. It's her job to get UTEP into the best conference situation possible.
Totally agree with this. I hope she is at least putting pressure on Senter that UTEP football either is bowl bound this season or we are getting a new AD and football coach.

Senter should actually be gone this summer when his contract is done due to his fb and mbb hires and the way he constructed the contracts. I just don't think it will happen.

If football is successful this season, the team goes bowling (not on the lanes) and attendance bounces back to an average over 30k then that will improve UTEP's attractiveness a little bit. Then follow that up with another good year and maybe grab an invite to the MWC when/if Boise St and/or SDSU leave.

Being in Dallas, I don't get all the news from EP, but there is repeated talk about what Wilson might or might not do. I have never heard anything from her mouth on her stance on our pathetic status.
Has she spoken?

Let's be real for a moment. No one in cusa is upgrading conferences. Maybe a 5% chance the east schools form their own conference. At that point add nmsu and one or two other schools and CUSA west turns out to be a better conference for us than the current form.

That sounds like a plan

I was wrong, almost half of our conference upgraded conference.

Looking at the new AAC . That conference wont survive. That's a crappy conference. Memphis wont like it. No good Basketball schools . Everyone is just overacting. The merger is the only to go for CUSA/Sun Belt/AAC. They all know it and just being stubborn. Probably a better TV deal if they just did the merger.

Looking at the new AAC . That conference wont survive. That's a crappy conference. Memphis wont like it. No good Basketball schools . Everyone is just overacting. The merger is the only to go for CUSA/Sun Belt/AAC. They all know it and just being stubborn. Probably a better TV deal if they just did the merger.
Their problem to worry about. It’s better than CUSA, that’s why Rice and the others left to join it. The merger is dead.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
For once, I must say that I agree with Fili.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT