ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Doug Martin and NMSU for kicking our ass.

Nugget 07

All Star
Mar 8, 2007
They really put a beat down on Kugler-Natkin and Company. A job well done by our rivals to the north.

It's sad state of affairs at UTEPIA. When does rifle season start? Aren't we good at that--or has Kugler taken over that program too? I sure as hell ain't looking forward to another Floyd promised bb season, rifle is where I'm looking at for them W's!!

I want trash NMSU but I respect the fact they look like they're turning it around, in a smaller city, a smaller budget and we with smaller facilities and they're going to be independent next year.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I would put things into perspective here. No doubt NMSU athletics as a whole does a great job of achieving with a budget that is inferior to their rivals, but it’s a great budget for the WAC and a middle tier budget for the Sun Belt. You all crap on NMSU, but it’s a tier one school with a large on campus student body that gives you the true “college experience”. I have degrees from both NMSU and UTEP and I can see how their uniqueness and location can appeal to certain athletes over others. Both schools give their graduates great opportunities to be successful.

Also remember that this is NMSUs 4th win over UTEP this century. It also broke an 8 game streak. UTEP clearly has had the upper hand and has actually been to bowl games in the last 15 years too. Losing to a rival sucks, but in the grand scheme, I guarantee any NMSU fan would trade for UTEPs football history and outlook in a heartbeat. UTEP is gonna get a new AD and we know a new preseident will likely follow. Let’s hope they succeed and have a commitment to athletics.

Reactions: axingfools1
This is do or die for NMSU. You don't get free agency, trades nor put a franchise tag on player. This is a bad UTEP team and the gags should've hung 80 on UTEP. But hey, they wiped off 8 years off the plate and congrats to them. But its over and done.

Metz 1st TO was not his fault. As my grade school coach used to say "you touchie (the ball), you catchie!. No excuses." The rest of the was just back into forcing a play like he did his freshman days.

This goose egg season has now become reality for Kug. Yesterday was our best chance and let's not think UTEP will beat UNT again. They're much improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT