ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Tournament Bracket

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
C6H_0xNWQAAeKXV.jpg

New season. UTEP has momentum. Floyd needs to pound it inside with the trio of towers. They went away from it today and the 49'ers hung around. Kind of perplexing since UTEP was head and shoulders better inside.

Still outscored Charlotte inside the paint. Wilmms was getting clobbered, but as coach Johnson said in the post game, that's the way he's going to be played from here on out.

With us getting the winner of RICE vs USM who do we matchup better against? Last time out we beat USM by 30 at home and we comfortably beat RICE on the road. RICE did have a bad shooting night. Part of it was the UTEP defense part of it was them simply missing wide open shots. RICE did get a lot of favorable home calls. (Something UTEP never seems to get) I would give UTEP a 60/40 advantage on a neutral court over RICE. I don't know what it is about USM but we tend to lose winnable games to them. I would say 75/25 chance to beat Southern Miss.

UTSA wins the first game of the CUSA tournament. Up to 14 wins on the season. Will play MTSU tomorrow.

Wku's 7'-1" center left the game half way into the 2nd half with an ankle injury. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

They didn't look very good...except from deep. Lotta turnovers. Don't drive to the bucket well. Gotta guard the 3 line.
Again. They can shoot it. Need a repeat of our last meeting, minus the 2 quick fouls on Matt.

Again. They can shoot it. Need a repeat of our last meeting, minus the 2 quick fouls on Matt.

I had to stop listening, but at one point with maybe 4-5 minutes to go, Rice was shooting 48% from 3. MUST guard the 3 point line...no ifs, ands or buts about it.

If we do, we'll win. They are just not very good otherwise.

UTEP lost 80-70. UTEP was up by 7 but a 19-2 run to end the game seals the victory for ODU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT