ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Hamilton

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
I'm watching UCONN play ECU on TV right now. I forget the exact timeline of the last realignment but I wonder if Daniel knew he'd be playing against CUSA 2.0 schools and not Big East schools when he signed with UCONN. Funny how things work out. Like how we thought Daniel signing with us was a forgone conclusion.

Originally posted by MistaBinks:
I'm watching UCONN play ECU on TV right now. I forget the exact timeline of the last realignment but I wonder if Daniel knew he'd be playing against CUSA 2.0 schools and not Big East schools when he signed with UCONN. Funny how things work out. Like how we thought Daniel signing with us was a forgone conclusion.
Well he's just a freshman and he never signed the LOI. So I am sure he was well aware. And winning the National title probably helped a little.

Speaking of what could have been. Twymond Howard is playing very well at UT-Martin.

Now that I am in front of a computer, The (now) Big East separated from the AAC on December 15, 2012. Daniel committed to UCONN in May of 2013. So I guess he was committed to the Huskies and not the idea of playing in a power conference. They won the national title after he committed so that didn't have anything to do with his committing. Too bad his older brother Isaac doesn't value commitment as much.

UConn won the title in 2011 as well, so it could have been part of his decision. I am sure UConn going to the Big Dance on a consistent basis swayed his decision as well.
This post was edited on 2/5 12:44 AM by El Paso Chihuahuas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT