ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel's first assistant coach

He was essentially pushed out at KSU. He sided heavily with John Currie in the Currie vs. Snyder face-off (I won't bore you with it) so Bill invited him to leave. I don't think anybody had a problem with his actual coaching capabilities though.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
UTEP has had success in California. Kugler went away from it but El Paso has more in common with LA than Houston or Dallas.

UTEP has had success in California. Kugler went away from it but El Paso has more in common with LA than Houston or Dallas.
Yep, I live in Austin so generally aware of that :)

Cox's big thing is that he sided with Currie in a big chest puffing showdown between Snyder and Currie. I think we were fine with him as a recruiter and coach. Not sure he's a DC candidate but he may be.

Bloomquist straight up asked him about Cox at the presser and he didn't shoot him down, DD said over 120 coaches have expressed interest, and seems like we got our wish of cleaning house. If Dimel wants to make me happy, he'll post a video on UTEP's football Twitter of him telling Chuck Veliz to pack his shit!

It appears that having a Twitter or active Social Media presence immediately disqualifies you from being a major Head Coach at UTEP.

Today's recruits might like that type of connection, but our current admininstration doesn't go for that type of that thing, we are more of a newspaper delivered to your doorstep type of administration.

This guys offense is 10x more dynamic than Kuglers and that's a fact. Just look at his numbers while at K-State. They drubbed some big time programs and did literally 'more with less'.

Will he be able to get players though? That is my concern. He's not the big time/exciting hire we were looking for, but he sounded confident and won't fck around like Kugler. He answered all the questions well and has more of a plan than Kugler could ever dream of. Kugler evaded the obvious 24/7 and would just get mad sometimes.

The only time I called BS in the press conference was when he said "I've won everywhere". I'm not a fan of excuses but he addressed those questions well too I think.

Kap asked him if he was going to fight for recruits and he said "Yes". Let's see what happens.

With 120 coaches calling for jobs, he should get some decent coaches I imagine. Nobody asked if Dimel is going to call plays though.

This guys offense is 10x more dynamic than Kuglers and that's a fact. Just look at his numbers while at K-State. They drubbed some big time programs and did literally 'more with less'.

Will he be able to get players though? That is my concern. He's not the big time/exciting hire we were looking for, but he sounded confident and won't fck around like Kugler. He answered all the questions well and has more of a plan than Kugler could ever dream of. Kugler evaded the obvious 24/7 and would just get mad sometimes.

The only time I called BS in the press conference was when he said "I've won everywhere". I'm not a fan of excuses but he addressed those questions well too I think.

Kap asked him if he was going to fight for recruits and he said "Yes". Let's see what happens.

With 120 coaches calling for jobs, he should get some decent coaches I imagine. Nobody asked if Dimel is going to call plays though.
I think if UTEP is generally like KSU, it does take someone that knows how to exploit any advantage possible. In that regard, Dimel may not be the worst hire ever. We just soured on him as a coordinator, but he may have value to UTEP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT