ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill. Former OC at Rutgers & Michael Smith former WR coach; Arkansas

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
As per Dimel:

"Outside possibilities include Michael Smith, the former Wildcat receiver and coach who was on Bret Bielema’s recently-fired Arkansas staff, and Jerry Kill, who spent the 2016 season at K-State as associate AD for administration and returned to coaching this year as offensive coordinator at Rutgers.

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/...ator-dana-dimel-confident-ability-turn-around

""What do you do to fix that?" Kill asked rhetorically. "You cut back. You look at yourself and say, 'These guys can't do all this, so we better cut back and get more repetition at smaller things. Run the same damn play over and over and over so you get better at it. Maybe these kids can't handle all the stuff being thrown at them.''"

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...s_plan_for_fixing_rutgers_offense_run_th.html

Sound eerily familiar?

He is also known to not play the deep ball during games, too.

Michael Smith:

Not much on Michael Smith. He recruited highly sought qb Cole Kelley to Arkansas. Knows Texas well since Arkansas relies somewhat heavily on Texas recruits, however, his #1 territory is cajun country:

"Arkansas wide receivers coach Michael Smith serves as the Razorbacks’ primary recruiter in Louisiana, his home state.

He’s well-respected in The Boot, particularly New Orleans, by many high school coaches and recruits. His reputation is undoubtedly benefitted by how he handles the recruiting process.

Smith was in New Orleans last week making some rounds to high schools. He stopped by De La Salle, where 2018 defensive back target Lance Robinson attends. During a recent interview with SEC Country, Robinson echoed an opinion about Smith often shared by many recruits in the area...."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-michael-smith-louisiana-2018

Sounds like this guy is a really, really good recruiter.

Wasn’t Jerry Kill coaching Minnesota (head coach)? I remember he had to resign due to health issues (seizures). He was a really good head coach at MN. What would he come in as (OC? DC?)?

Reactions: kickballpro
Guys that article is talking about possible OCs at Kansas State to replace Dimel not coaches he’s looking at to bring to UTEP

K State has a 6'1" 26lb DE from San Antonio that is transfering as a graduate senior.

I bet he can really get in the gaps!

Guys that article is talking about possible OCs at Kansas State to replace Dimel not coaches he’s looking at to bring to UTEP
I did fail to premise my post. The articles were meant as a matter of sourcing. Sorry, my fault. Kill did have health issue at Rutgers.

I did fail to premise my post. The articles were meant as a matter of sourcing. Sorry, my fault. Kill did have health issue at Rutgers.

Jerry Kill was at Minnesota. I remember when NMSU beat Minnesota he had a seizure at the game.

Last edited:
Hey shovel and 7. Would either one of you have the first name of Ben or Benny?

Just wondering. I don't do the flaming on here. Did it often and it doesn't solve anything. All I wish you two would do is source your posts and take a few minutes a week and learn american college sports culture. From UTEP or Eastern Michigan to Texas and Michigan. Most of the folks on here have access to UTEP athletics in some way, shape or form. You two just throw crud against the fan and hope to agitate. That's cool.

Can you give me an example of a post where I needed a source? WTF is this, a formal online class?

So I would need a source for "ODU last won a game on......"

But, MinerFan8000 doesn't need one for "This EPHS walkon is the next Tim Hardaway"?

Got it. GFY

Reactions: El Paso 777
Can you give me an example of a post where I needed a source? WTF is this, a formal online class?

So I would need a source for "ODU last won a game on......"

But, MinerFan8000 doesn't need one for "This EPHS walkon is the next Tim Hardaway"?

Got it. GFY

No. You don't have to. Don't be a smart ass for "when ODU last won a game. MinerFan8000 is really new, you're not. You and 7 are literally replying almost every single comment made by a miner fan on here. You obviously do not work. Not even a casual part time job because a) the comments are very quick, every day and every hour and b) You both are extremely active than all of us and this usually takes place when there is a lot of UTEP news going on.

Just what is your point for all this? No one on here thinks UTEP is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Most just want a top 50 basketball program (but it's not going to happen every year). A football team that is competitive in at least the division and transparency from the AD office. This specific site caught wind fast in 2001 because a new reporter saw a need for fans to voice their opinion because the Stull regime ignored so many. Stull's arrogance was unbridled at times. But he's gone now. Most on here do not believe UTEP and NMSU should share partnership in a conference together. UTEP thought they had "partners" in the WAC and got badly burned so UTEP is not going down that road again. The fans on here on not NMSU/Miner fans because they're in the same region. At least not most of them. So when NMSU plays in the NCAA (and good for you all), don't expect a "Go Aggies" thread on here. Maybe some will cheer, but not most.

It's obvious neither of you are a) actually at the game or b)listened on the radio or watched online or TV. You both post nothing. Not a play, a stat, a comment a coach made (and trust me, Phil Johnson sticks his foot in his mouth quiet a bit), conference standings, break down of any offense or defense. Heck I bet you can't remember the last name of John Teicher's play by play sidekick?!

So what's your point? That's all I want to know. Just say "I like to poke at miner fans" or whatever. Hell, I used to do it with Texas Tech fans but you come to point and say, this is not fun and pointless. The point for the Miner fans on here is to have a competitive mid major program.

Trying being productive or look for a productive answer and you may get it. You all love the aggies, right? Don't come here. Go to the business community in El Paso and or Las Cruces and you will find out the NMSU has had bad management issues for hiring people for critical positions. Second, stop blaming Santa Fe and/or UNM aggies. UTEP used to do that in the 70's, 80's and part of 90's with Austin. It gets you know where. Finally, you all have had a great basketball program the last few years. Let me say what you all say to UTEP for football: How come you all can't fill that place up almost every game? You all have a good team.

Now, Arby's is hiring. Go fill out an application.

No. You don't have to. Don't be a smart ass for "when ODU last won a game. MinerFan8000 is really new, you're not. You and 7 are literally replying almost every single comment made by a miner fan on here. You obviously do not work. Not even a casual part time job because a) the comments are very quick, every day and every hour and b) You both are extremely active than all of us and this usually takes place when there is a lot of UTEP news going on.

Just what is your point for all this? No one on here thinks UTEP is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Most just want a top 50 basketball program (but it's not going to happen every year). A football team that is competitive in at least the division and transparency from the AD office. This specific site caught wind fast in 2001 because a new reporter saw a need for fans to voice their opinion because the Stull regime ignored so many. Stull's arrogance was unbridled at times. But he's gone now. Most on here do not believe UTEP and NMSU should share partnership in a conference together. UTEP thought they had "partners" in the WAC and got badly burned so UTEP is not going down that road again. The fans on here on not NMSU/Miner fans because they're in the same region. At least not most of them. So when NMSU plays in the NCAA (and good for you all), don't expect a "Go Aggies" thread on here. Maybe some will cheer, but not most.

It's obvious neither of you are a) actually at the game or b)listened on the radio or watched online or TV. You both post nothing. Not a play, a stat, a comment a coach made (and trust me, Phil Johnson sticks his foot in his mouth quiet a bit), conference standings, break down of any offense or defense. Heck I bet you can't remember the last name of John Teicher's play by play sidekick?!

So what's your point? That's all I want to know. Just say "I like to poke at miner fans" or whatever. Hell, I used to do it with Texas Tech fans but you come to point and say, this is not fun and pointless. The point for the Miner fans on here is to have a competitive mid major program.

Trying being productive or look for a productive answer and you may get it. You all love the aggies, right? Don't come here. Go to the business community in El Paso and or Las Cruces and you will find out the NMSU has had bad management issues for hiring people for critical positions. Second, stop blaming Santa Fe and/or UNM aggies. UTEP used to do that in the 70's, 80's and part of 90's with Austin. It gets you know where. Finally, you all have had a great basketball program the last few years. Let me say what you all say to UTEP for football: How come you all can't fill that place up almost every game? You all have a good team.

Now, Arby's is hiring. Go fill out an application.

I do have a job and I post when I feel like it. When I go to the games, I should be constantly posting here on digs because I don't when I'm not? Okay, makes sense.

Why would I post conference standings? Anyone with a brain can go to every major sports website and see those. What kind of idiot would come here to find out conference standings?

Teichers sidekicks last name is Yellen, before that a black guy who played here in the 80s, before that it was Paul Cunningham, and before that it was some white guy.

My point is, there's some really dumb fans, with dumb takes, and pointless excuses on here. I don't comment on some current things because I'm displeased with the results and the department. Eventually, I will give this up too.

Thanks for the info on NMSU, you obviously know more and follow them more than I do. I couldn't even name 1 player on their basketball team.

I do have a job and I post when I feel like it. When I go to the games, I should be constantly posting here on digs because I don't when I'm not? Okay, makes sense.

Why would I post conference standings? Anyone with a brain can go to every major sports website and see those. What kind of idiot would come here to find out conference standings?

Teichers sidekicks last name is Yellen, before that a black guy who played here in the 80s, before that it was Paul Cunningham, and before that it was some white guy.

My point is, there's some really dumb fans, with dumb takes, and pointless excuses on here. I don't comment on some current things because I'm displeased with the results and the department. Eventually, I will give this up too.

Thanks for the info on NMSU, you obviously know more and follow them more than I do. I couldn't even name 1 player on their basketball team.
eMNzYFY.gif

Hit the ignore button or don't reply. Its that damn simple. I was replying to UTEP2step.

You didn’t really reply to 2step.

Notice you used “I” 13 or so times in your response, yet people’s names you can’t remember you refer to as some black or white guy?

You’re bright, but I bet you’re a mama’s boy — a self-absorbed chiple.

Pony Goodwin was one of them. Yeah, next time I will just say 2 guys. Much more descriptive.

Not a mama's boy. Weird that you guys hate me so much, but keep trying to figure me out. Cool, adds to my ego more.

Also, if someone in unihorns family gets robbed, he is offended if the witness gives detailed descriptions. He's okay with them saying "he looka like a man". Giving details about their appearance is a no go apparently.

Also, if someone in unihorns family gets robbed, he is offended if the witness gives detailed descriptions. He's okay with them saying "he looka like a man". Giving details about their appearance is a no go apparently.

Thieves would walk in their houses and would walk out since there would be nothing of importance to steal.

It's too funny seeing unihorn taking offense at being called a pathetic homphobe when he used the "F" word more times than I can count.

Saying you are pathetic is me being nice.

As an objective outside observer here, I don't have a dog in the hunt. Just came for the coaching search discussion. But I must say, without equivocation, that you are an assclown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT