ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have any secret scrimmages this season?

I’ll have to be the team analyst for the NMSU board. The old timers over there spent more time in the rec center than I even had the tie to think about sports.
We used to have a ex player post here. Do you guys have any ex players posting over there?

Remember Lee Moor Gym Children’s Home Gym? No idea why we played there.
Of course. Lee Moor was probably the only place that would take us ;). Also remember playing at the Jewish Community Center with those rubber floors. Did you ever play there? And at open gym at EPHS. I have never seen anyone jump like McCall. Time really flies.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Of course. Lee Moor was probably the only place that would take us ;). Also remember playing at the Jewish Community Center with those rubber floors. Did you ever play there? And at open gym at EPHS. I have never seen anyone jump like McCall. Time really flies.
Definitely played at the JCC. Never did play at EPHS, however I remember McCall well.

I have a funny true story.

Me and high school bball teammates and buddies would play at memorial after school often hoping to get a pick up game with UTEP players; hope springing eternal for a chance. That day finally comes. Henry Hall and newbie Eddie Williams (yes, the former UTEP player who took UTEP's last schollie that NBA legend Gary Payton wanted) come up to us and ask if we want a game since they don't have enough bodies. "Heck ya" and we start playing.

The memorial gym manager stops our game and starts saying "is there [yells my name] here! Your dad is on the phone in the office!". Everyone is looking at me with a "WTF?!" face.

I go to the office and ask my dad "what the heck dad?!". My old man, frustrated voice for giving him lip, "you need to get your butt to Coronado, dammit! You got picked to play on the team to play at the BCI [national] tourney in Phoenix!" Practice starts tonight..... and don't ever talk to me that way again!".

Remember Lee Moor Gym Children’s Home Gym? No idea why we played there.

I played Antonio Gillespie 1on1 there back when I was is high school.

I played pick up at

Lee Moor
Memorial gym
Westside rec
YMCA on the West side
And at Franklin high School outside
I also played at the Tim Haradway basketball camp when he use to have it out here.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I played Antonio Gillespie 1on1 there back when I was is high school.

I played pick up at

Lee Moor
Memorial gym
Westside rec
YMCA on the West side
And at Franklin high School outside
I also played at the Tim Haradway basketball camp when he use to have it out here.

I seriously thought you were around college age, by the way you act. I didn't think you were in your 40's.

• Haha
Reactions: MINER.JAY
I have a funny true story.

Me and high school bball teammates and buddies would play at memorial after school often hoping to get a pick up game with UTEP players; hope springing eternal for a chance. That day finally comes. Henry Hall and newbie Eddie Williams (yes, the former UTEP player who took UTEP's last schollie that NBA legend Gary Payton wanted) come up to us and ask if we want a game since they don't have enough bodies. "Heck ya" and we start playing.

The memorial gym manager stops our game and starts saying "is there [yells my name] here! Your dad is on the phone in the office!". Everyone is looking at me with a "WTF?!" face.

I go to the office and ask my dad "what the heck dad?!". My old man, frustrated voice for giving him lip, "you need to get your butt to Coronado, dammit! You got picked to play on the team to play at the BCI [national] tourney in Phoenix!" Practice starts tonight..... and don't ever talk to me that way again!".
Ok 2step you can be in the starting lineup. Even though @nattybry might take your spot away.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT