ADVERTISEMENT

Draft... Time... Where are our Miners going?

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Ok ill start with Plinke, cause I think it's easier. He will most likely be a free agent or 7th round pick. Which I think is highway robbery, cause he's a top 5 TE, but he'll get on a team. Jones in my opinion should've waited a year, but has acquitted himself well in combine and workouts. I always have had him as high as 3rd round, but my gut was 4th and I'll stick to that. Good Luck Boys!

Reactions: Cube Jack
I forgot his name but isnt the kicker also haw shot at a free agent deal?

He was also told he should come back to school when he got his grade. He was also told he would be a late rounder if he decided to come out. Still 4 more rounds to go. He will be just fine...

I mean i know it was a long shot for him to go 2nd or 3rd round. But its not good if RBS arent getting drafted. Maybe tomorrow is when all the RBs get drafted. Its all defensive players.

Reactions: axingfools1
Yeah I hear ya. Only the very elite RBs have gone early in recent years. Jones was only giving a grade of 36 and was barely ranked in the top 30 available backs. He will go late and someone will get a steal.

Espn has him 2nd to last for best rbs available. But there is lot of cusa players getting drafted.

Not a good start to 4th round, Green Bay still has another pick and might get him and the 49ers who were high on him chose the RB out of Utah over him.

eagles just picked a RB. Cowboys and Packers still haven't drafted a RB

7 Running backs taken in Round 4. That makes about 12 total drafted so far. Jones wasn't even rated as a top 25 RB? Like I said, somebody will get a steal in the late rounds.

I guess all that matters is what he does when he gets on a team now, not where he gets drafted.

That's what's made A Jones such a great player. He was overlooked coming out of HS and the same is happening coming out of UTEP. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and will out work everyone and earn the respect from his coaches and teammates. He will show the team that picks him up that he is a top 5 RB in this year's draft.

He will be a steal in the draft. He couldn't have come back because his status wasn't going to improve. Kug beat his body up and it was only going to get worse. Young man touched the ball to much under Kug. No matter how he gets to the league it's still better than coming back for another beating under Kug.

He will be a steal in the draft. He couldn't have come back because his status wasn't going to improve. Kug beat his body up and it was only going to get worse. Young man touched the ball to much under Kug. No matter how he gets to the league it's still better than coming back for another beating under Kug.
There were 32 running backs with more carries than him this past season.

Was too much focus placed on Aaron while he was at UTEP? Possibly. But on the flip side of this, you can also make the case that Kugler's plan for him was a primary reason why Aaron got drafted today. Coming out of high school, Aaron was a talent that nobody else truly valued, except for Kugler. Kugler took a lowly recruited 2 star RB, who was such a low priority that the UNM Coaches actually stood him up on their in-house recruiting visit, and Kugler basically built his entire offense around him for 4 years. Jones got to this point through his talent and hardwork, but Kugler also identified him and gave him the primary role starting in his very first game as a True Freshman when he scored 2 TD's.
In his media interview with the Green Bay Press this afternoon, Kugler was also the first person that Aaron credited with helping make him an NFL running back.

Regardless, Congrats Aaron!

Reactions: minerdear
Those unm coaches missed out on a yummy lasagna meal prepared by Mrs. Jones.

Was too much focus placed on Aaron while he was at UTEP? Possibly. But on the flip side of this, you can also make the case that Kugler's plan for him was a primary reason why Aaron got drafted today. Coming out of high school, Aaron was a talent that nobody else truly valued, except for Kugler. Kugler took a lowly recruited 2 star RB, who was such a low priority that the UNM Coaches actually stood him up on their in-house recruiting visit, and Kugler basically built his entire offense around him for 4 years. Jones got to this point through his talent and hardwork, but Kugler also identified him and gave him the primary role starting in his very first game as a True Freshman when he scored 2 TD's.
In his media interview with the Green Bay Press this afternoon, Kugler was also the first person that Aaron credited with helping make him an NFL running back.

Regardless, Congrats Aaron!

I think both you and DAYDEV make valid points. I see truth in both perspectives.

Is this the first player drafted under Kugler?

Yes, this is the first Kugler Recruit to be drafted. Aaron was also part of Kugler's very first recruiting class.

Surprisingly, Mike Price only signed 1 player during in his 9 Recruiting Classes at UTEP that got drafted(Marcus Thomas).

And incredibly, Gary Nord signed 7 players during his 3 Recruiting Classes at UTEP that got drafted!(Trey Darilek, Adrian Ward, Thomas Howard, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Jordan Palmer, Oniel Cousins, Quintin Demps).

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT