ADVERTISEMENT

Early Oklahoma Prediction

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
About a month away from a make it break season for Kugler. Unfortunately we all pretty much know the outcome of the first game. Utep's offense has experimental backs and let's see if they can step up WR's along with a vanilla offensive scheme. Defense will be improved, but it won't matter.
Sooners 55
Miners 10

About a month away from a make it break season for Kugler. Unfortunately we all pretty much know the outcome of the first game. Utep's offense has experimental backs and let's see if they can step up WR's along with a vanilla offensive scheme. Defense will be improved, but it won't matter.
Sooners 55
Miners 10
Make or Break season? According to you maybe. Arrogance personified. According to me, we will be improved. I just hope that our much tougher schedule will reflect that in wins and losses.

Beating Rice is critical.

Both Rice and UTEP will be CUSA cellar dwellers. Beating is an outcome from active participation of a person or group against an opposing human adversary, cirumstance or group against statistical odds when the proponent has low statistical chance of overcoming their circumstances against said adversary or circumstance.

Both are better off beating it in the......never mind. I need to get to work.

Make or Break season? According to you maybe. Arrogance personified. According to me, we will be improved. I just hope that our much tougher schedule will reflect that in wins and losses.
According to 90% of Miner fans, non miner fans and media! Do you understand what make or break means? Obviously it can go either way, I never said it'd be a bad season, I hope it's not. However if they win 2 or 3 games Kugler won't keep his job, if they win 5-8 then he probably will, therefore Make or Break!

Reactions: sportsfan5000
90% f***g percent! Damn dude, youdaMan when it comes to divining people and presenting unimpeachable statistics!

Its a win for UTEP if Alvin, Lovilette, Metz, Will, Cockrell, Lucero, Beverly, and Needham all make it out of the game completely healthy, maybe a RB can grab some confidence for the Rice game, and hopefully Metz does something that make us feel good about the rest of the season.

OU 58 UTEP 17

Hi All,
I know I'm going to get a lot slack on what i'm about to say but this is only my opinion.
Here are the keys to a close game or a win;
1.> OU has a new Head coach and it has been proven over years that OU always starts out the season really bad.
2.> Now that we have a proven QB (Ryan Metz), I think we are going to throw the ball a lot more this year and will have success doing it.
3.> We are going to have one of the best Offensive Lines in all the nation and running backs are going to surprise many teams. (Watch out for TK powell and Josh Fields).
4.> Defensive line and linebackers are going to be very much ahead than they were last year. They will pressure the QB much more and will have 4 or 5 QB sacks on OU.
5.> DB and CB are going to be much improved and will have three interceptions.
Finally; if we click on cylinders in all positions, we are going to surprise OU and we will keep it close for the first three Qtr's and they will tire us out on the 4th Qtr.
My prediction
UTEP 45
OU 51
or
UTEP 45
OU 37

Last edited:
Hi All,
I know I'm going to get a lot slack on what i'm about to say but this is only my opinion.
1.> OU has a new Head coach and it has been proven over years that OU always starts out the season really bad.
2.> Now that we have a proven QB (Ryan Metz), I think we are going to throw the ball a lot more this year and will have success doing it.
3.> We are going to have one of the best Offensive Lines in all the nation and running backs are going to surprise many teams. (Watch out for TK powell and Josh Fields).
4.> Defensive line and linebackers are going to be very much ahead than they were last year. They will pressure the QB much more and will have 4 or 5 QB sacks on OU.
Finally; if we click on cylinders in all positions, we are going to surprise OU and we will keep it close for the first three Qtr's and they will tire us out on the 4th Qtr.
My prediction
UTEP 45
OU 51
or
UTEP 45
OU 37

Ok, I'll be first. You be cray cray!

Reactions: sportsfan5000
According to 90% of Miner fans, non miner fans and media! Do you understand what make or break means? Obviously it can go either way, I never said it'd be a bad season, I hope it's not. However if they win 2 or 3 games Kugler won't keep his job, if they win 5-8 then he probably will, therefore Make or Break!
I was also thinking that Kugler would be out if this season is a bust but now that Kappy has informed us that Kugler's contract was extended in summer of 2015 to Aug of 2020, looks like he is safe until then. It will be 7 years for him by then.

Hi All,
My prediction
UTEP 45
OU 51
or
UTEP 45
OU 37

OU is loaded up and down every which way but loose and it's the same system Bob "If they hit, you must acquit" Stoops. OU will win the Big XII. Their opponent is OU's track record of domestic abuse by their players and slap on the hand, "nothing to see here! Move along!" justice that was widely practiced and institutionalized by Coach Switzer.

OU is loaded up and down every which way but loose and it's the same system Bob "If they hit, you must acquit" Stoops. OU will win the Big XII. Their opponent is OU's track record of domestic abuse by their players and slap on the hand, "nothing to see here! Move along!" justice that was widely practiced and institutionalized by Coach Switzer.

In fairness to stoops he suspended Nixon for an entire season. Most coaches do far less, especially considering this was pre ray rice. He ran a very clean program and restored ou to a national power. I just realized I was at the last ou game stoops wasn't the coach, and now I'll be at the first game of the post stoops era.

Reactions: BoomerSooner1993
Hi All,
My prediction
UTEP 45
OU 51
or
UTEP 45
OU 37

'Bout all you left out was Kugler 2017 COY...

Reactions: Lil_Train
Honestly most mid majors would get waxed against Oklahoma at their place, it's to be expected of a money game. I have not expectations of anything else, but if they keep it within 2 or 3 TDs I'll be encouraged

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT