ADVERTISEMENT

EP Channel 4 live tv for Army game

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
So is this good, bad or indifferent? Will it help or hurt attendance and do you care? Will you stay at home and watch for free in the comfort of your own home thus avoiding traffic and expenses or will you buy a ticket and go to the game in person. Enquiring minds want to know.

I'm going to the game, but it will hurt attendance.
I'm fairly sure it won't help attendance for this game, and that's a shame. But it could help attendance down the road if the folks at home get a taste for what's like at a UTEP FB game.

If it rains like it's forecasted, that will effect attendance! If it doesn't rain, I have to believe we will have a really good showing of fans!!! ;)\m/

As a Season Ticket Holder, who enjoys going to all of the home games and wishes that he could watch all of the road games on TV, this frustrates me that Home Games against NMSU and Army are on TV this season, while road games against Rice and FAU are set for radio only.

Yes, I fully understand the reasons why these 2 home games are able to be televised. I am just expressing the general frustration as a fan, how some of our games this season will have multiple avenues to watch them(attend or watch on TV), while other games that UTEP plays this season will have absolutely no avenues for El Pasoans to watch them.

In regards to KDBC, I certainly do not look favorably at them for doing this. It would be helpful if they would at least respectfully consider a tape delay option instead. It wouldn't hurt for UTEP to make a phone call and request that tape delay either. ***correction***

Final thought, UTEP has had a couple of years to prepare for this game. Sure, they are doing some things, but the fact that so many tickets remain at this point truly makes them look bad. Last year, lowly NMSU had a year long "Pack the Stadium" and "Pack The PanAm" games. Businesses & the Community got involved to sell tickets and they had their largest Non-UTEP/Non-UNM crowds for these games, and last year's basketball game against Chicago State even Sold-Out. It was the first NMSU basketball sell-out in nearly 10 years. UTEP dropped the ball by not following a similar blue-print for this Army game. They should have spent all summer pushing this game and getting the community involved the same way that NMSU did for their specific games. This game should have already been sold out by now. Sure El Paso has the ultimate responsibility for that, but UTEP did not capitalize the way that they should have!

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
As a Season Ticket Holder, who enjoys going to all of the home games and wishes that he could watch all of the road games on TV, this frustrates me that Home Games against NMSU and Army are on TV this season, while road games against Rice and FAU are set for radio only.

Yes, I fully understand the reasons why these 2 home games are able to be televised. I am just expressing the general frustration as a fan, how some of our games this season will have multiple avenues to watch them(attend or watch on TV), while other games that UTEP plays this season will have absolutely no avenues for El Pasoans to watch them.

In regards to KDBC, I certainly do not look favorably at them for doing this. It would be helpful if they would at least respectfully consider a tape delay option instead. It wouldn't hurt for UTEP to make a phone call and request that tape delay either. ***correction***

Final thought, UTEP has had a couple of years to prepare for this game. Sure, they are doing some things, but the fact that so many tickets remain at this point truly makes them look bad. Last year, lowly NMSU had a year long "Pack the Stadium" and "Pack The PanAm" games. Businesses & the Community got involved to sell tickets and they had their largest Non-UTEP/Non-UNM crowds for these games, and last year's basketball game against Chicago State even Sold-Out. It was the first NMSU basketball sell-out in nearly 10 years. UTEP dropped the ball by not following a similar blue-print for this Army game. They should have spent all summer pushing this game and getting the community involved the same way that NMSU did for their specific games. This game should have already been sold out by now. Sure El Paso has the ultimate responsibility for that, but UTEP did not capitalize the way that they should have!

Looking at the Ticketmaster UTEP chart I'm guessing there have already been over 30k accounted for. That's with guesstimating student and end zone attendance to be about the same as the NMSU game. This is just Tuesday so I'm going to estimate a crowd of about 40k if the weather cooperates. That wouldn't be bad considering the live telecast.

Army was never going to sell out. There are very few soldiers at Ft Bliss who are West Point alumns. There are very few retired vets with connections to West Point in El Paso.

The vast majority of the enlisted men at Ft Bliss dont root for or care about Army football. They root for schools from where they are from.

I applaud this scheduling. Its an interesting game. Im looking forward to it. However, it was never going to sell out. Army football doesn't move the needle in El Paso. This game doesnt attract the casual fan, only winning will. There will be a nice crowd I think around 38k. Army doesnt sell out stadiums around the country. They played Baylor in Waco in 2006 and 35,000 people came and thats 30 miles from ft hood. 34,000 showed up to see them play Temple. We will outdraw both those games. It will be a nice crowd and game. Expecting a sellout was always unrealistic. Hopefully we start a winning streak and attendance and interest increase.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Why is the game not shown on the program schedule for channel 4?
I'm looking at Uverse guide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT