ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Prediction for next year!

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I actually believe what I'm about to say right here, though many will laugh.
Golding is not looking to build through the high school ranks at all. Next year's team will be a mix of JC and D1 transfers. Boum and TV will stay, Kennedy will leave. Next year's rebuild isn't as bad as some think. Although it ended rough against a hot S. Utah team that if they made it to the NCAA tournament probably would've won a game or 2. I think Golding schedules smart, beats some teams we shouldn't wins 23-25 regular season games going into the CUSA tourney and either wins and gets auto bid or has us squarely on the Bubble! I truly believe this!

Golding is not looking to build through the high school ranks at all. Next year's team will be a mix of JC and D1 transfers. Boum and TV will stay, Kennedy will leave. Next year's rebuild isn't as bad as some think. Although it ended rough against a hot S. Utah team that if they made it to the NCAA tournament probably would've won a game or 2. I think Golding schedules smart, beats some teams we shouldn't wins 23-25 regular season games going into the CUSA tourney and either wins and gets auto bid or has us squarely on the Bubble! I truly believe this!
Would love to pull this thread up a year from now and point out how right you were.

We have to eliminate bad losses (q4) completely. This year we only had 2 in the regular season and one in the postseason. Riverside, Marshall and Southern Utah. All of them home games.

We need to win more against teams on equal terms with us. We went 4-4 against q3 teams and only one of those wins was on the road.

We definitely need more wins against teams better than us. This year we went 2-7 against q2 and q1 teams. We didn't play any q1 teams at home and only 2 q2 teams at home. To earn respect we're going to need more results on the road.

Not only do I believe you 110% I expect it. Not related but I also expect Dimel to win the western division.

It will be a more productive 22-23 for revenue sports at UTEP.

Not only do I believe you 110% I expect it. Not related but I also expect Dimel to win the western division.

It will be a more productive 22-23 for revenue sports at UTEP.
There probably won't be any divisions next season.

Wheres the bold prediction? I dont see one.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
That’s the way teams like Utep need to do things… go after transfers … that way they will have to sit out if they decide to transfer again making it harder for them… that will allow Utep to build a foundation of sorts —-

Would love to pull this thread up a year from now and point out how right you were.
Just bookmark it in your favorites, if the thread isn’t deleted then you’ll have it for next year.

Kappy seems to be portending that the Newtons will be on board. I think backcourt is looking pretty imposing - assuming Soule stays. My concern is a big man. We need a big man.
ECU just hired their new basketball coach this week. I would assume Tristen Newton's decision to stay or go will be made fairly soon. He is not in the portal yet.

Reactions: axingfools1
ECU just hired their new basketball coach this week. I would assume Tristen Newton's decision to stay or go will be made fairly soon. He is not in the portal yet.
Yeah and Tristan would be basically transferring down just to play at UTEP with his brother. Tristan is pretty damn good. I'm not sure they would want to transfer to UTEP if everybody stays, but if so that would be awesome. Dominos would need to start falling.

If you redshirt a player for one year, does that player count against your scholarship count?
Yes.

"Typically, a redshirt athlete will have a scholarship but cannot compete for one year. They will participate in all team activities like practice, training, and receive benefits such as academic tutoring, but they will not see any playing time."

Last edited:
Yeah and Tristan would be basically transferring down just to play at UTEP with his brother. Tristan is pretty damn good. I'm not sure they would want to transfer to UTEP if everybody stays, but if so that would be awesome. Dominos would need to start falling.
I think that Golding should sale the opportunity to be apart of a return to glory for a once proud basketball team! These fans are drooling to have those days back and they will treat you like Royalty if you win in the NCAA! Help me bring back one of College Basketball' sleeping giants and put the world on notice. Will you help me a part of that!!!????
Or something along those lines ...

What happened??? I thought Boum was staying??

So far the opposite has happened from what you have predicted.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Texas Tech has built and shown the formula to have any chance to compete with the new system. What’s the point for a school like UTEP to even go recruit high school athletes at this time? We need to be in the market for role players at mid majors to top players at Junior Colleges . It’s a sad world for college Athletics right now but do we want to compete? Terrible for the fans as we will get to see at most a player for 1 to 2 seasons. Who can build the best team with upper classmate. That’s Conf USA currently.

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT