ADVERTISEMENT

FAU Game thread

Good thing Boum and Bieniemy suited up tonight.

Oh, and where has this offense from Tydus been all year?

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Hats off to Boum hit some big shots like the one before the end of the half and a 4pt play. When you think about it it's pretty amazing that someone on this team always seems to step up to fill a void. Satterfield had 0 points tonight, Sibley was out and yet Tydus came through. Agnew played tough and of course Hollins made the play that sealed it.

Basically pulled this one out missing Sibley and no points from Satterfield.

I would like to see Tydus and Z start up front together, but I suspect Golding will go with Hollins or a smaller lineup.
Z played great! Tydus played his best game of the season.
I love OT games but I'm glad we didn't go there. The refs were calling it loose tonight and they missed some important calls.

On to FIU. They beat the Roadrunners by 7 tonight in San Antonio..

Basically pulled this one out missing Sibley and no points from Satterfield.

I would like to see Tydus and Z start up front together, but I suspect Golding will go with Hollins or a smaller lineup.
The thing I like about Z coming off the bench is that he brings a vibe that the team seems to feed off of. I feel like Golding is tuned in, and knows when the team needs that jolt.

As minimal as his role is production wise, he’s kinda like the heart of this team. So glad we have him for 3 more years.

Small detail, thank you TV for setting legal text book pick during final seconds. These CUSA refs call flatulence sounds as illegal picks. TV was set, kept his arms in and didn’t move.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Why always a 3 pt shot? We missed 3 in a row to end the game. Can we not get to the rim/get fouled?

Because that's the way the game is played now. High school kids will be on a 3 on 1 fast break and the number one option for them is the corner 3. I recently saw a 10U game where a team was down 25, they could not make a layup if their life depended on it. Mercy rule kicked in, winning team must go to zone defense and the trailing team went on a 21-4 run on just 3s. The corner 3 is what everyone is looking for and no one remembers "you live by the 3, you die by the 3".

I hate close games like this. Kudos to the team for sticking to it. This team is definitely getting mentally strong.

Because that's the way the game is played now. High school kids will be on a 3 on 1 fast break and the number one option for them is the corner 3. I recently saw a 10U game where a team was down 25, they could not make a layup if their life depended on it. Mercy rule kicked in, winning team must go to zone defense and the trailing team went on a 21-4 run on just 3s. The corner 3 is what everyone is looking for and no one remembers "you live by the 3, you die by the 3".

I hate close games like this. Kudos to the team for sticking to it. This team is definitely getting mentally strong.
Ohhh. Now I understand. Nevermind then.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT