ADVERTISEMENT

Finally some sense

They lost me with this statement:

"Do I think Floyd should be fired? No. UTEP has no other options. Who would want to come here? Some big name high school coach? People say maybe one of Floyd’s assistants, not realizing that those guys go with Floyd. What do you pitch to perspective coaches? “Well, we did win a National Championship 50 years ago!”

Quite frankly we have had better here before. Really couldn't be worse than what we are seeing now. Utep has a ton of options. Literally dozens of hungry, up and coming assistant coaches would love this job.

Like I said I think I am the last person that believes Floyd can still pull through! Am I happy where we are ? Hell no!! But I think he can get it done we shall see! , I also still believe this team can gel and come together at the right time.... Time will tell....

Like I said I think I am the last person that believes Floyd can still pull through! Am I happy where we are ? Hell no!! But I think he can get it done we shall see! , I also still believe this team can gel and come together at the right time.... Time will tell....

To think this team can "gel and come together at the right time" is a bit naive in my opinion. What makes you think they can put it all together, 4 games in a row, when they rarely manage to put it together for a whole half?

To me this team is a headcase. The only game they've Ben out of is Florida International and almost came back. They were up big on San Antonio and southern miss and should've beat middle Tennessee so right now they should be 6-2 in conference. This is why I say there's a disconnect with coaching. They have enough talent to win these games but don't finish and are getting out coached and out played in the second half!

Reactions: RTminer
Which is why I believe they can come together because they do have the talent !

I think what is killing them honestly is how soft they are inside!! The only thing this team is really lacking in my opinion is rebounding! I don't care how good your defense is if you give the teams two and three shots every other time down the court!

Way to take a stand. Making a run in the CBI and buying season tickets without seeing the schedule, that will show em.

You really don't need to worry about making a run in a lesser tournament. Even the CBI isn't going to take a 13-19 team.

Didn't say you had to Horny. The Triple A team is harder to get seats for than UTEP and they have triple the games. You can get your pick of seats to any UTEP game minutes before it starts. You can't do that with baseball.

Didn't say you had to Horny. The Triple A team is harder to get seats for than UTEP and they have triple the games. You can get your pick of seats to any UTEP game minutes before it starts. You can't do that with baseball.

I've got great Chihuahuas seats too.

My point is they are a team that should be better,so the finger has to point back at the bench. Sorry but that's reality

Article was decent, but sounds a little too close to "Floyd" bias... lol I agree with Luca, it's bogus to think that nobody would want a D1 job with all it's history.

Everyone should know the way people think today with the what have you done for me lately attitude do you think people even care about our history anymore?

On a side note if we start getting some nice pub about the championship team being the anniversary any chance it could help our recruiTing?

On a side note if we start getting some nice pub about the championship team being the anniversary any chance it could help our recruiTing?

Can't hurt -- especially with recruits' parents, who might appreciate it a bit more than recruits themselves.

You do realize that most of the recruits parents were born in the 70s and 80s now right? Why would their parents care about something that happened before they were born?

You do realize that most of the recruits parents were born in the 70s and 80s now right? Why would their parents care about something that happened before they were born?

Ok, recruits' grandparents then.

My point is adults tend to care more about things like history, who their kid is going to play for, the value of an education, etc.

Everyone should know the way people think today with the what have you done for me lately attitude do you think people even care about our history anymore?

You know what history coaching prospects will care about? Our history of providing a platform for coaches to succeed here. That is undeniable and it isn't ancient history.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
Considering that this is the 50th Anniversary of our '66 Championship, it might be a bad time to fire our bb coach. (?) Unless this season turns into a total train wreck
Two questions:

Why? What does one have to do with the other?

And turns into a total train wreck? Is this just 4/5 of train wreck?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Two questions:

Why? What does one have to do with the other?

And turns into a total train wreck? Is this just 4/5 of train wreck?

I was about to ask a similar question til I got down to your post. At what point IS it considered a train wreck? Because I've already dialed 911.

Reactions: miner661
They lost me with this statement:

"Do I think Floyd should be fired? No. UTEP has no other options. Who would want to come here? Some big name high school coach? People say maybe one of Floyd’s assistants, not realizing that those guys go with Floyd. What do you pitch to perspective coaches? “Well, we did win a National Championship 50 years ago!”

Quite frankly we have had better here before. Really couldn't be worse than what we are seeing now. Utep has a ton of options. Literally dozens of hungry, up and coming assistant coaches would love this job.
Yeah, we have had better here and they're still here right. Getting a good coach to come here and getting him to stay are 2 different things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT