ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Floyd...

Barbee? You have to be joking!!! He would never come back to UTEP, Billy... Now there is a possibility. Tim may have been Haskin's guy. But Billy is his prodicle son! Come home Billy!

Originally posted by STCarlosEP:
Spot on USA. Here's a Top 5:

1. Anthony Grant
2. Brad Underwood
3. Tony Barbee
4. Any assistant on Louisville or Kentucky's staff.
5. Billy Gillispie

Floyd should make the NIT Final Four since he's so great and these players are so awesome. Let's see what they do tonight.
I'm in the same boat that you are in regards to being ready for a coaching change, however, if I didn't know any better, I'd have no idea that you are an actual Miner fan. Perhaps I've missed a post or two of yours, but I haven't read one post of yours, since you started posting on here, that even hints of you actually wanting the Miners to get a W. I get that you're ready for Floyd to depart, but it is as it is for the time being. As ready for change as I am, I'd like to see the Miners play well, get on a roll and get a few Ws. Whether or not I think that's going to happen is besides the point. I want them to win regardless of who is at the helm.

Just because I think they will lose, doesn't mean I want them to. Let me break out the pom-poms and spirit fingers for everyone.

Go Miners!!!!!!!!!!
Beat Eddie Murray St!!!!!!!!!
Floyd Forever!!!!!!!!
1966 Champs!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by STCarlosEP:
Just because I think they will lose, doesn't mean I want them to. Let me break out the pom-poms and spirit fingers for everyone.

Go Miners!!!!!!!!!!
Beat Eddie Murray St!!!!!!!!!
Floyd Forever!!!!!!!!
1966 Champs!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon...no need to be so dramatic there guy! It's one thing to "break out the pom poms", as you put it, and another thing to back your team as if you gave a shit about whether they win or lose, regardless who is coaching. It's almost like your position is that you aren't fan as long as CTF is coaching, because your discontent is about all that you voice. They do have a game to play tonight. Pretty sure a true fan would drop all the extraneous circumstances, at least momentarily, and root his team on. Big difference from being a rah rah kinda guy. Look up the word fanatic in the dictionary and see if it describes you. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

This post was edited on 3/17 4:46 PM by tbleslie

Eddie Murray St? lol Geez. Please come back as Chunks... At least that personality was clever.

Chih, if you are playing some sick joke on us! Please just stop...

:)

He has also cheated everywhere he has gone, he would probably get caught here with our luck hahaha

Do you find that each new personality comes back with a lower iq? Just wondering if I was the only one seeing the pattern lol ;)

Originally posted by PURPLEFIRE:
Do you find that each new personality comes back with a lower iq? Just wondering if I was the only one seeing the pattern lol ;)
Are you talking about Pony10? He thought Mitt Romney was Rick Perry.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/17 7:11 PM by El Paso Chihuahuas

Originally posted by Pony10:

Wow- really??? You are one sad individual.................twitter handle??
It is sad that you didn't know what our former Governor looks like.
laugh.r191677.gif

Again, I don't give out my Twitter to people I don't know.

And since I know you like going back and forth, this will be my only response to you.

How many times do I have to explain to your dense @ss...........apparently one more time than I have already. Yes, please don't respond anymore.....

Originally posted by Pony10:

How many times do I have to explain to your dense @ss...........apparently one more time than I have already. Yes, please don't respond anymore.....
Sorry, I can't help myself.

First of all thanks for the compliment. :) And second of all, it's ironic that you call me that name when you thought Mitt Romney was Rick Perry.
laugh.r191677.gif

Ok, NOW I'm done.

"And since I know you like going back and forth, this will be my only response to you." - errrrr, uhhhh???

Twitter handle???

I hated the trolls that used to come here and stir up trouble - music, chunks, et al. But I'm just as sick of seeing this garbage from Floyd. I was happy as anyone when he came. What has he brought to the program? Nothing. PERIOD. He can't even bring his own damn recruits,and I'm frankly sick and tired of idiots crying saying "if Floyd didn't have these bad breaks". The ONLY bad break he had was Hamilton. Any other kid that didn't make it here is on him. I'd rather go back to the days of hiring up and coming coaches. They may get plucked every couple of years but this is garbage.

Disagree. It's not a ridiculous question. It's a very valid one.

It's easy to scream and holler to fire the coach, but when you ask the question, "who would be on the list" suddenly you realize very few have thought that far in advance. They toss out unrealistic coach selections with even more unrealistic expectations. But some do come up with a few names that could be viable and since this is a "fan based site," it's a question worth asking. So no, it's not a ridiculous question.

Lastly, everyone with half a brain knows it the AD's job to find a coach. I wasn't asking anyone to name "a" replacement, I was asking for a list of potential names. There's a difference.

^^^
See what you did here. That was good. Won't make a difference, but still good.

allminer wants Floyd to stay here another seven years and then give him a 14 year extension after that.

A clean sweep at season's end. I'm not advocating keeping anyone on this staff.

C"mom dude. Then what? Who coaches? What kind of coach and staff do we get mid season? This is hilarious. I'm not advocating for this staff, but short of a major scandal, no one fires an entire coaching staff mid season. We'd be a laughing stock and hurt the search for the next coach.

I don't see 10 wins, frankly.

12-14 games is being generous. We may not win again, seriously.

Interesting quotes from Floyd. Perhaps a little too early to say this, but perhaps he's starting to see the writing on the wall and preparing for the inevitable. I don't see Floyd letting himself get fired. Stull will work out some sort of resignation, question is, will it come at season's end or prior?

Purple, I've been a Floyd supporter, then dropped to a Floyd hopeful, but it's time to drop the charade and call it what it is...a complete, total, dismal failure. The 7th year for a coach of Floyd's caliber should not be a rebuilding year. By this time a coach of Floyd's caliber should have a contender every year. Instead we are in for one of the worst years in modern Miner history. Somewhere out there is a coach who will do a better job than what we are getting. I would have way more respect for Floyd if he stepped down, prior to season's end preferably, let an assistant finish this off, and get a head start on our search for the next coach. That way potential candidates will be aware of the opening and prepare and gauge their interest. There simply is no other answer or excuse. This won't be fixed by Floyd.

All my quotes Alvino. Comprehension is not a strength of yours, obviously. Pobrecito.

Reactions: miner1liner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT