ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Wilson out at UTSA

Mike Cánales has to go. That should be priority #1, finding a new OC. Cox will prob stay given the KSU relationship but I wouldn’t mind him gone either.
I think the opposite will happen. I think Cox is gone and Canales will be reassigned to QB coach. Like someone else eluded to, his son committing to Idaho appeared to be the writing on the wall. Cox is like Dimmel and is very stubborn and will not change things up if they are not working. Our pass rush was non existent with only 3 DL on a majority of plays. That left our inexperienced secondary open to be shredded. Rodgers was a decent slot corner, but he had the benefit of Needham, Beverly and Smith last year. Then he makes a move to safety and he was exposed numerous times. Our LBs had no leader and were shuffled around so much that everyone looked confused. Our new OC will be in name only, unless by some miracle Dimmel gives up the play calling

Reactions: Lil_Train
I actually don't think UTEP regressed. I think we are in the same spot as last year. The team looked a little better last year because of the seniors on defense. The offense look a tiny bit better this year. If next year is anything close to this year than Dimal has to go. I am also of the opinion that we must have a change at the OC.

Wilder is gone at odu. Thanks for averaging 8 wins per year the last 9 seasons but it’s not good

Wilder is gone at odu. Thanks for averaging 8 wins per year the last 9 seasons but it’s not good

He had the class to resign. But he was a shitty coach anyway. Probably didn’t have a 4 year plan, with year 1 “not really counting”. Do you know if he told the media that “results aren’t determined by wins and losses” after winning 1 game this year?

Much better. I would rather have the OC from the #10 team in the country that won 20 games in two years. Compared to the rb coach that has won 4 games in two years. Thank god we didn’t hire Campos.
Now that a couple years have passed since our AD opening, it is pretty obvious the pool of canidates to choose from was scraping the bottom of the barell.

Reactions: picks up
Maybe so, but he’s never had a chance to show his talents as HC. Dismel had already. I would take a chance on a guy like Traylor than a guy like Dismel.
You would have been one of the first ones with the "Only UTEP would hire a position coach on a 2 win team" posts if we had hired Traylor. Well ya, 2 years after we hire Dimel, we can say Traylor would have been a better hire than Dimel. Rewind 2 years ago and we hire Traylor...Dimel is not our coach and nobody would even know who he was. Now we just replaced Kugler with a a guy who has been nothing more than a position coach on staff that just got fired in 2 years at Arkansas. Nobody would he happy about this hire.

Last edited:
I think it’s safe to say with the names that were being passed around of candidates and those that had interviewed, Roadrunner fans are extremely underwhelmed by their new head coach. Some are even saying it’s the Frank Wilson 2.0. This will either make or break Campos and she’s going to need some breaks. They are not happy with her at all. Feedback I’ve been getting is she has zero people skills. Good friend of mine and a top donor already is not renewing his suite season tickets. Other season ticket holders are rethinking their tickets as well. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Lil_Train
This whole debate reminds me of a time in the my twenties when I met a bunch of my friends for drinks in Austin. One of them brought a new girl with him. As we were all having a good time, everybody started talking longhorn football and how Mack Brown wasn’t getting the job done. I noticed how my friend and his girl were just getting quieter and quieter. Finally when she looked like she just couldn’t take it anymore, he said that she was in fact Mack Brown’s daughter. The table immediately got quiet and she said, it’s okay, none of y’all have even the slightest idea what it takes to run a football program. I don’t claim to know the solution To the Utep football debacle but I will always remember what she said that day.
That is why you hire a so called expert to run one. Obviously Dimel must not be one either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT