ADVERTISEMENT

Frisco CUSA tourney layout

So again my point is that if Midd Tenn does not win this tournament they are in the NIT as a high seed. A good season in Conf USA does not mean anything when the selection committee is involved. 2 teams from conf usa? We are even considered mid-major . 1 team will come out Conf USA regardless of what they did through the year lol
Again according to every prognosticator your weimf this year. That's all I'm saying, Middle Tennessee was basically a lock before Sat now they're squarely on the bubble if they don't win it. Now your right most likely they'll be snubbed, but my point is this pitiful league does get 2 bids once in a great while look it up. However it takes a Goliath effort from a team to do so with a tough non conference. So its near impossible, but possible. Either way who cares Utep hasn't even been in the bubble convo since Floyds first year, so who cares!

Now your right most likely they'll be snubbed, but my point is this pitiful league does get 2 bids once in a great while look it up.
I really don't think they'll be snubbed if they make the finals. The Selection Committee puts a big premium on good wins and punishes for bad losses. They don't use RPI directly; they mainly use RPI to judge a team's good wins and bad losses. However, MTSU is sitting with an RPI of 29 right now, and it's very rare for a team with an RPI in the 20s to be left out. MTSU does have some quality wins with ROAD wins over Murray State (RPI 54) and Western Kentucky (RPI 53), and they have NO bad losses, i.e. outside the RPI top 100. For a team with an RPI in the 20s, the Selection Committee needs some basis to exclude them (it has happened exactly twice in the history of the tournament, Missouri State in 2006 and Colorado State in 2015), and that basis would be bad losses, of which MTSU has none. They don't have many, but they do have a few good wins and there's nothing bad on their resume to cancel those out.

As long as they make the finals of the tourney, I firmly believe they're in. They just can't afford an early round, bad loss that would give the Committee a basis on which to exclude them.

Reactions: nattybry
Come on. MTSU is getting snubbed if they don’t win the CUSA tournament. Same goes for any CUSA team since yesterday until tomorrow.

Can someone refresh my memory but is UTEP the last CUSA team to earn an at large? And if it is can you see the difference in resumes between that 2010 team and this current MTSU team?

24nmvqt.jpg

149tmhd.jpg

Last edited:
Come on. MTSU is getting snubbed if they don’t win the CUSA tournament. Same goes for any CUSA team since yesterday until tomorrow.
Well, you may be right. We have to make room for 8 Big 12 teams (note: the Big 12 currently only has 10 teams).

I can't believe Oklahoma's still in the conversation after the way they collapsed.

Can someone refresh my memory but is UTEP the last CUSA team to earn an at large? And if it is can you see the difference in resumes between that 2010 team and this current MTSU team?

24nmvqt.jpg

149tmhd.jpg
I beleive it was UAB the year we lost to Memphis in the finals. UAB was spiraling down and I think they even lost early in the CUSA tournament, but they beat UTEP in double overtime during the season and were conference champs. UAB got beat easily in the NCAA and so did we by UNM in the NIT.

Again according to every prognosticator your weimf this year. That's all I'm saying, Middle Tennessee was basically a lock before Sat now they're squarely on the bubble if they don't win it. Now your right most likely they'll be snubbed, but my point is this pitiful league does get 2 bids once in a great while look it up. However it takes a Goliath effort from a team to do so with a tough non conference. So its near impossible, but possible. Either way who cares Utep hasn't even been in the bubble convo since Floyds first year, so who cares!

Sad way to end the season for Midd Tenn State, but not a chance in hell they get in. Conf USA will never, i repeat never have 2 in the dance again. 24-7 to end the year and will be settling for the NIT. They did just about as good as they could for any conf usa team even in regards to scheduling, but if you do not win this conf usa tournament u do not get in. Why thays important for UTEP? Because we are in a conference that first of all regionally makes zero sense, and two, will never be able recruit the way we could if in a league where at least 2 to 3 get in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT