ADVERTISEMENT

Frisco CUSA tourney layout

Talk about bush league. This conference is awful and here we are as the 12th seed. Need to win soon and get out ASAP.
This tournament is going to tank. None of the Texas teams will make the semifinals. Attendance is going to be awful. After this failed experiment they’ll move the tournament somewhere further east and UTEP fans will have a hard time showing up in droves to its new location.

So basically it's like a fancy AAU tournament, except the winners go the NCAA Tournament?

Whats wrong with AAU tournaments? Ive never been to one. But i do remember when i was in school i played for my school. We played in tournament in NAU. They had it in the dome. They had the format the same way but it was 4 courts. And actually attendance was higher because more fans were there because every fan is at the game because everyone is playing. Lets give it a chance BigRoy.

Whats wrong with AAU tournaments? Ive never been to one. But i do remember when i was in school i played for my school. We played in tournament in NAU. They had it in the dome. They had the format the same way but it was 4 courts. And actually attendance was higher because more fans were there because every fan is at the game because everyone is playing. Lets give it a chance BigRoy.
Call me picky or whatever I just think the empty space behind the baskets is busch league, but I mean I do applaud C-USA for being creative and having it in Dallas, just doesn't have that big area feel a conference tournament usually has playing in a big time NBA style arena. We shall see, I like the idea of having it there every year if it works out well...

There's nothing wrong with AAU tournaments. CUSA is supposedly a major D1 conference though. How many other conferences are playing 2 games from the same gender, at the same time? With a curtain in between them?

Is every player going to get orange slices and capri sun after the game too? I mean, hey it works for the YMCA.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
There's nothing wrong with AAU tournaments. CUSA is supposedly a major D1 conference though. How many other conferences are playing 2 games from the same gender, at the same time? With a curtain in between them?

Is every player going to get orange slices and capri sun after the game too? I mean, hey it works for the YMCA.

That would be cool to get oranges. Whocares what the other tournaments are doing. I dont know about you but i like being different. The players seem excited to be in Dallas. Isnt that what matters what they think?

Reactions: utep2step
Yeah who cares if an already largely ignored tournament gets shat on by the rest of college basketball.

The players are probably excited to be in Dallas, not like they were there last week. Oh wait, they were. And every year they play at UNT.

Nobody cares what the players think. They are told where to play, no matter what. I can probably tell you, most do not like playing in a tournament with an AAU set up at their "major" college conference tournament.

Yeah who cares if an already largely ignored tournament gets shat on by the rest of college basketball.

The players are probably excited to be in Dallas, not like they were there last week. Oh wait, they were. And every year they play at UNT.

Nobody cares what the players think. They are told where to play, no matter what. I can probably tell you, most do not like playing in a tournament with an AAU set up at their "major" college conference tournament.

How do you know? Have you ever played?

They not only playing in Dallas but they are playing Cowboys practice facility. That is cool. I could see this being done by more conferences in future.

How do you know? Have you ever played?

They not only playing in Dallas but they are playing Cowboys practice facility. That is cool. I could see this being done by more conferences in future.

What does having played have to do with anything? How do I know what?

They're playing in a football team's practice facility. Not everyone likes football and not everyone likes the Dallas Cowboys. It is not cool, maybe only to Cowboy fans. Since when is the DCPF considered some kind of must see sports facility. I bet most of the players would rather be playing at the AAC, Staples Center, United Center, MSG, and other basketball arenas. You know, where basketball is played.

Which conferences do you see doing this? Not any that are worth a damn. Those conferences have TV partners and fans, and they're not going to have games on simultaneously.

What does having played have to do with anything? How do I know what?

They're playing in a football team's practice facility. Not everyone likes football and not everyone likes the Dallas Cowboys. It is not cool, maybe only to Cowboy fans. Since when is the DCPF considered some kind of must see sports facility. I bet most of the players would rather be playing at the AAC, Staples Center, United Center, MSG, and other basketball arenas. You know, where basketball is played.

Which conferences do you see doing this? Not any that are worth a damn. Those conferences have TV partners and fans, and they're not going to have games on simultaneously.

El Pasoo 7777 you funny

1. Playing matters it just does. You dont understand something if you never done it. Thats a fact.

2. Everyone knows who the cowboys are either if you love them or hate them. Even if you dont follow sports they know who the cowboys are. Unless if you live in some Brazil jungle. They might not know.

3. If. CUSA is a success then everyone will do it. If it works a little then maybe the smaller conferences. If doesnt work then nobody. If it works well i could see NBA doing somethinh like it. But who knows.

1. Playing matters it just does. You dont understand something if you never done it. Thats a fact.

I hate that argument so much that having played somehow makes you understand the game better.

Strategy and physical ability are not the same thing.

Reactions: unihom
El Pasoo 7777 you funny

2. Everyone knows who the cowboys are either if you love them or hate them. Even if you dont follow sports they know who the cowboys are. Unless if you live in some Brazil jungle. They might not know.

3. If. CUSA is a success then everyone will do it. If it works a little then maybe the smaller conferences. If doesnt work then nobody. If it works well i could see NBA doing somethinh like it. But who knows.

What's your definition of playing and what did you play? Tom Crean never played college basketball, I guess you wouldn't want that guy as UTEPs coach right?

Its the Cowboys practice facility. Literally, nobody cares about it except Cowboy fans.

It won't be a success and nobody will copy it. None of the other Texas teams have fans and not many Miner fans are going to watch this year.

I just cant stand being in a conference where ur reg season meant shit, and regardless this will be a one bid conference from now until forever. I guess that helps us in this case. We squeak in and go on a run and everyone else cries that they didnt get the at large bid. But again, were in a shitty conference. Whats sad is if Middle Tenn slips they are done.

Only C-USA, looks like a high school tournament. Oh the basketball might look like high school.

I just cant stand being in a conference where ur reg season meant shit, and regardless this will be a one bid conference from now until forever. I guess that helps us in this case. We squeak in and go on a run and everyone else cries that they didnt get the at large bid. But again, were in a shitty conference. Whats sad is if Middle Tenn slips they are done.
MTSU whiffed on most of their big, out-of-conference games. Their road win over Murray State is very solid (50s RPI road win). If they hadn't lost to Marshall, they'd already be a lock. If they make the finals of the tourney, I think they're still a lock, even if they lose. They just can't afford a bad loss in the opening rounds. They have NO bad losses (nothing outside the top 100 RPI) at the moment, and as long as they don't have any bad losses going into Selection Sunday, they won't be punished for it. Unfortunately, they lost close games to Auburn, USC, and Miami. If they win just one of those, they would already be a lock and probably even seeded in the top half of the bracket.

Reactions: Get2Paydirt
MTSU whiffed on most of their big, out-of-conference games. Their road win over Murray State is very solid (50s RPI road win). If they hadn't lost to Marshall, they'd already be a lock. If they make the finals of the tourney, I think they're still a lock, even if they lose. They just can't afford a bad loss in the opening rounds. They have NO bad losses (nothing outside the top 100 RPI) at the moment, and as long as they don't have any bad losses going into Selection Sunday, they won't be punished for it. Unfortunately, they lost close games to Auburn, USC, and Miami. If they win just one of those, they would already be a lock and probably even seeded in the top half of the bracket.

Would it surprise you if they dont win the tourney to be a top seed in the NIT though? It wouldnt surprise me one bit. I feel were a one bid conference regardless. I agree they had a great year. But bubble teams from the big conferences will take priority. Should they win this tourney, absolutely. That Marshall game hurt them very bad in my eyes of an at large birth. Great points ! They actually had some great matchups scheduled this year and it benefit them.

Well that actually wasn't the case until Middle Tennessee lost the last game of the season Everyone and I mean everyone had them in even as an at large. They were near top 20 RPI. They may still have an outside chance if they don't win. I feel ya man, but each year is different, ya gotta pay more attention bro.

Some CUSA schools complained about the conference champ location and unable to compete against guaranteed payout that City of El Paso and City of Birmingham offered. Dallas was common middle ground all could agree on if I remember the argument.

Last edited:
Zgwsx5  Latest  HD  Product  Clip Art  Labeled for Reuse  meme  gif  big lebowski  lebowski bummer  dude  quickmeme.com  makeameme.org  0:05  youtube.com  dudeism.com  0:09  youtube.com  me.me  fr.memegenerator.net  memegenerator.net  gfycat.com  RELATED SEARCHES  that's a bummer man gif  2:15  youtube.com

Well that actually wasn't the case until Middle Tennessee lost the last game of the season Everyone and I mean everyone had them in even as an at large. They were near top 20 RPI. They may still have an outside chance if they don't win. I feel ya man, but each year is different, ya gotta pay more attention bro.

So again my point is that if Midd Tenn does not win this tournament they are in the NIT as a high seed. A good season in Conf USA does not mean anything when the selection committee is involved. 2 teams from conf usa? We are even considered mid-major . 1 team will come out Conf USA regardless of what they did through the year lol

For anyone who wants to watch the women play the game is on right now.

Nothing exemplifies March Madness more than playing in a ballroom with curtain walls. Nice job CUSA. Looks like I'm watching a freakin' magic show.
Hopefully item #2 on Senter's list is to get out of this bush league.
More like the Westminster Dog Show?

Reactions: develman
The facebook broadcast is not as bad as I thought it would be. They should have put bleachers behind the baskets

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT