ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Turkey #1. Game, OPT & Attendance

What a pathetic performance tonight! Yes I get that Boum and Agnew are out but still that was just ridiculous. Keonte Kennedy played absolutely awful.

Without Bryson we dropped from mediocre to poor. Without Bryson and Souley we dropped from poor to pathetic.
Golding is facing a long hard winter with the collection of players he has to work with. Anything over a 500% season appears to be a wild dream.

Last edited:
Legit question..... How was Kennedy a 4 star player out of high school and a prize recruit at Xavier? He hasn't shown much in what should've been a break out year for him this year. He's been quite the disappointment til this point.
He's very athletic, can't shoot worth a cent. But is a very good athlete. Maybe he should try out for a receiver/TE position next spring.

Reactions: nattybry
That was a rough one to be at. Great aggressiveness on defense and a mostly solid job of disrupting passing lanes but man those two 3s by Tydus to start the 2nd was a harbinger. Neither him nor Maring should be attempting 3s for the rest of the season because those were some terrible shots.

No Souley was the main difference tonight. With him, I doubt the team goes for 1/24 from 3 and more importantly, that scoring drought doesn’t happen in the 2nd half. It’s going to be a rough conference season if Tydus is the only big who can play solid defensive minutes.
Well it’s going to be rough either way.

Hard to find positives outside of the defensive effort but I liked what Satterfield offered tonight. Giffa and White got a ways to go... like... a loooooooong way to go. I would prefer to see Satterfield start over White on Wednesday. I would like to see Bonke get more minutes too. It's probably time to start cutting some of Tydus' minutes in favor of develop our young bigs a little bit faster. All of the points and rebounds that Tydus got were when the game was out of reach. I would also like him to not shoot 3s. He shot back to back bad 3s today, why? Bonke missed some 3s but has proven he can make them

He's very athletic, can't shoot worth a cent. But is a very good athlete. Maybe he should try out for a receiver/TE position next spring.
Could be a good receiver actually what's his 40 time. Maybe Dimel can make a trade. Any players on the football team that can make an open jumper?

Hard to find positives outside of the defensive effort but I liked what Satterfield offered tonight. Giffa and White got a ways to go... like... a loooooooong way to go. I would prefer to see Satterfield start over White on Wednesday. I would like to see Bonke get more minutes too. It's probably time to start cutting some of Tydus' minutes in favor of develop our young bigs a little bit faster. All of the points and rebounds that Tydus got were when the game was out of reach. I would also like him to not shoot 3s. He shot back to back bad 3s today, why? Bonke missed some 3s but has proven he can make them
With Boum and Saucy in UTEP lineup the score would have been closer. UTEP lost to a good UCR team, period. All sorts of excuses for this loss I read but a Big West team came to El Paso and humbled Golding expectations.

Our perimeter shooting is inconsistent, lack of big man play inside and lack luster free throw, much less ability to get to free throw line, showed.

Bienemy is the man for two weeks. He needs to show his OU prowess.

Reactions: miner1liner
I agree that our defensive effort was there in the first half but it dropped off significantly in the 2nd. I don't know what adjustments Golding put in at the half but they were the wrong ones.
Miners did their job on defense, but with no inside presence and shooting 5% from 3 it was probably really hard for them to sustain the effort.

Whatever Golding had to say in his postgame must have been short. By the time I got back to my car he was already done. What could he say, other than the obvious, “We played like crap.”

Reactions: miner1liner
Whatever Golding had to say in his postgame must have been short. By the time I got back to my car he was already done. What could he say, other than the obvious, “We played like crap.”
He said. "There's zero excuses, we have 13 division players that should be able to step in" something along those lines.

I like that mentality.

Honestly for the most part I don’t think we played like crap…. The team would look totally different if those shots fall… and that’s the thing… they played good if not above average defense and got decent looks on offense a lot of the time and that’s all you can ask a coach to do…. It’s not his fault he doesn’t have one person who can consistently hit a shot …. That’s on terry and his construction of this team… anyone that thought we would be any good this year… we just don’t have the shooters

Jeezuz Kryst!! 40 ****ing points? I’ve been in Terlingua the last couple days. No access to internet until an hour ago.

Sounds like we really shit the bed. Kennedy still jacking up 3s. Went 0 fer 7, and 2 of 13 overall!! Tydus with 6 points?!? Nobody else, aside from JB, stepped up with more than 4? Sounds like the defensive effort was there again, at least.

What a missed opportunity for some of the new guys. Glad I missed this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT