ADVERTISEMENT

G Turkey #2, Game, OPT, Attendance & Menu

Without SB & CA, the positives are experience and thus confidence gained for Saterfield and Sibley. They both showed their potential tonight. Just can't figure the poor output by TV and would like to see more PT and development for BM and KK. We have ZERO inside game. Kennedy's contributions are rebounding and taking it to the hoop. That should be his game PERIOD!!! His atrocious perimeter game costs us a dozen or so points every game. Give him the green light outside and it's a turnover.
There's a hefty challenge in store for Golding, but I'm confident he'll get all there is to get out of these guys.
Go Miners and good night!

The next 7 practices UTEP has will set the tone for the next month and start of CUSA play, lots of guys got minutes in the past 15 calendar days, bring Souley and Agnew back, no reason to get blown out by NMSU, that should be the goal next week, give yourself a chance to win the game and play a complete 40 mins, I will be disappointed with a double digit loss to the Eggies, but I like the direction this team is heading to be honest.

I trust Golding can figure this out. He gets it, the pieces are somewhat there, this next week before the NMSU game are crucial for this team early on, lots of film to break down, lots of new wrinkles to add and things Golding wants to do on offense to introduce, Golding has some work to do this weekend and next week.

Happy Thanksgiving boys and SAMINERGIRL.

Last edited:
I agree about what was mentioned above about Sibley is more of a 3 than a four, I was thinking about that during the game. I also think that Satterfield might become the first guard off of the bench going forward. I think Agnew is a bulldog but Satterfield has something

The next 7 practices UTEP has will set the tone for the next month and start of CUSA play, lots of guys got minutes in the past 15 calendar days, bring Souley and Agnew back, no reason to get blown out by NMSU, that should be the goal next week, give yourself a chance to win the game and play a complete 40 mins, I will be disappointed with a double digit loss to the Eggies, but I like the direction this team is heading to be honest.

I trust Golding can figure this out. He gets it, the pieces are somewhat there, this next week before the NMSU game are crucial for this team early on, lots of film to break down, lots of new wrinkles to add and things Golding wants to do on offense to introduce, Golding has some work to do this weekend and next week.

Happy Thanksgiving boys and SAMINERGIRL.
First off big wood, Happy Thanksgiving and safe and health to you and your loved ones.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, even Nozwins.

If he continues playing like last night he might be a starter by conference play.
I’d be ok with that. Either for Kennedy, or go small ball for Sibley. Kennedy does a lot without scoring, so I’m ok if he starts. Undecided on Sibley, but I do know I like his game far more from outside as opposed to him playing the interior. He has a nice stroke. Would have been 3 for 4 last night if they’d have counted that one he got fouled on.

I’d be ok with that. Either for Kennedy, or go small ball for Sibley. Kennedy does a lot without scoring, so I’m ok if he starts. Undecided on Sibley, but I do know I like his game far more from outside as opposed to him playing the interior. He has a nice stroke. Would have been 3 for 4 last night if they’d have counted that one he got fouled on.
I would sub him in for Kennedy. I think Saterfield has the potential to do a lot of the same things Kennedy does but more importantly score. Not ready to make that move yet until we see more consistency from Satterfield. Who knows, maybe a bit of humble pie would help Kennedy find his shot selection.

I would sub him in for Kennedy. I think Saterfield has the potential to do a lot of the same things Kennedy does but more importantly score. Not ready to make that move yet until we see more consistency from Satterfield. Who knows, maybe a bit of humble pie would help Kennedy find his shot selection.
That’s my only knock on Kennedy, and now Golding, is shot selection and allowance of shot selection…unless CJG is allowing Kennedy to “find” it. However, I think we’ve seen enough to know Kennedy is not all of a sudden gonna develop a consistent outside shot.

I wholeheartedly approve when he goes to the hole, or steps into the paint for the little put back. His defense is strong, and he rebounds very well for a 6’5” guy. For now, I’m ok if Saterfield is 6th man behind Kennedy, as long as he gets the minutes.

Next week's starters

Boum
Bienemy
Kennedy
Sibley
Maring
I'm not ready to sit Tydus yet because of his experience. He is also a leader on defense. I'm just not sure any of the guys behind him are better than him yet in that regard. Maybe a game coming off the bench will help though.

We do need scoring inside and that may be Bonke. Maybe Golding can pair the two. Tydus needs a strong 4/scorer next to him (not undersized 3s).

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I'm not ready to sit Tydus yet because of his experience. He is also a leader on defense. I'm just not sure any of the guys behind him are better than him yet in that regard. Maybe a game coming off the bench will help though.

We do need scoring inside and that may be Bonke. Maybe Golding can pair the two. Tydus needs a strong 4/scorer next to him (not undersized 3s).
Aside from Boum and Bienemy nobody else's starting job should be guaranteed week to week. Practice and performance in games should dictate who starts.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Aside from Boum and Bienemy nobody else's starting job should be guaranteed week to week. Practice and performance in games should dictate who starts.
Nobody's spot should be guaranteed

Its early but so far and per 40 minutes, Bonke is scoring and stealing more. Tydus is rebounding and blocking shots. I say put Bonke at the 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT