ADVERTISEMENT

Great game Dominic Artis!

Yeah, best game I've seen from Artis. All around solid outing on his part. Probably could still play better D but who couldn't on this team? I'd like to see this level of play from DA on a more consistent basis.

Yeah, best game I've seen from Artis. All around solid outing on his part. Probably could still play better D but who couldn't on this team? I'd like to see this level of play from DA on a more consistent basis.

Everyone says we need better d maybe I heard this wrong but I thought i heard UTEP had the best defensive field goal percentage in the conference??

Agreed, he took it upon himself to step it up. Just finished watching it, and I thought they had a legit shot. Too bad they allowed all those damn 3s.

Would rather lose to the three than layups... However they need to close better on those shooters

Would rather lose to the three than layups... However they need to close better on those shooters

Um, offenses today want to shoot the three and Floyd has been playing into their hands for the last five years. Especially in college basketball where the three is closer, its kind of crazy Floyd and his defenders don't get that.

Reactions: develman
Everyone says we need better d maybe I heard this wrong but I thought i heard UTEP had the best defensive field goal percentage in the conference??

You did hear that. That doesnt necessarily equate to being a tough all-around defense. Letting teams who are Missing perimeter shots but getting 1, sometimes 2, offensive rebounds per trip down the floor tends to equal things out. Leaving gaping lanes by not switching out, which lead to uncontested, easy buckets cheapens the stat, also. That fg percentage that we hold teams to, is fairly negligible. If you are arguing that because of holding teams under 40% from the field, that makes UTEP a good defensive team, then we are watching different teams. This is UTEP's weakest defense since Floyd has been here. Just sayin.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Well that's what I keep saying our defense is not bad borderline good we just can't rebound!!! To me this whole season has been about our inside my being able to rebound ...if we could rebound this team would have a totally different record! That's why we better get a really good rebounder post presence and why I was mad we signed 2 more guards and not an inside guy yet

Well that's what I keep saying our defense is not bad borderline good we just can't rebound!!! To me this whole season has been about our inside my being able to rebound ...if we could rebound this team would have a totally different record! That's why we better get a really good rebounder post presence and why I was mad we signed 2 more guards and not an inside guy yet
FIRE FLOYD NOW !!!

I thought they showed a little progress today. Like that they're pressing, trapping, running and driving more. A few less turnovers, and a few more missed threes by LaTech and they could've won.

Jester: "That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...Right up to the part where you got killed."

I missed the game due to family reasons, but the perimeter d has been bad all year. Speaking for myself, I got spoiled with JWash's lock down D while he was here. Morris does a good job, but Stone and Washburn were beyond excellent.

I missed the game due to family reasons, but the perimeter d has been bad all year. Speaking for myself, I got spoiled with JWash's lock down D while he was here. Morris does a good job, but Stone and Washburn were beyond excellent.

Going back a little further, Stefon Jackson and Jason Williams weren't such defensive slouches themselves. We've had some good ones over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT