ADVERTISEMENT

Hot For Keitha...one more time!

I absolutely love Keitha. Hell of a coach, hell of an interview and a good person. Nothing against her at all, it’s a cool thing.

But again, Jim Senter is lazy as hell and hasn’t raised enough money to make good hires. Is this a good hire? It’s a Fun hire and could be good, but it’s also lazy as hell, right on par with Senter tho, all those people celebrating on twitter are feeding into Senter’s BS and it’s sickening to watch.

I wish her good luck, but damn woulda been nice to see someone new from the P5 assistant ranks come in and get a chance IMO.

She was successful at UTEP, I’ll give her that but she was also under .500 at Wichita St so I’m a little apprehensive about the possibility of catching lightning in a bottle twice. I would have loved to see UTEP take a risk, show some ambition and go with a younger assistant from a bigger school. This comes off as a safe hire and we could very well be stuck with .500 basketball.

She was successful at UTEP, I’ll give her that but she was also under .500 at Wichita St so I’m a little apprehensive about the possibility of catching lightning in a bottle twice. I would have loved to see UTEP take a risk, show some ambition and go with a younger assistant from a bigger school. This comes off as a safe hire and we could very well be stuck with .500 basketball.
She had some really good seasons at UTEP. 3 seasons close to 30 wins and of one basket away from an NIT championship. She also had some very mediocre/bad seasons. Hope she does well and can some more sustained success.

She took UTEP twice to the NCAA and one basket shy of the NIT Championship. She proved she can do the job, I'm pleased with her coming back. Her time at Wichita State wasn't easy considering the tough competition in that League (Connecticut etc) so I think she's now more experienced that before.

Kietha can still try and re-recruit them. Hopefully they give her a chance
Maybe if she retains Buchanan, which I'm not sure will be too likely. Hopefully, Arike sticks around. She's a very skilled player for her size, and it's harder to recruit bigs at this level.

Also, I'm wondering if UTEP will need to pay the 250K buyout for Adams, who had one year left on her WSU contract? Could be that Adams saw the writing on the wall with the new AD there.

Reactions: picks up and Rot
I know the thought may be that she failed at Wichita State or that there's no way she can have a second good run at UTEP.

Don't really care at this point. Glad to have our winningest coach back. She won here before and I believe she can win here again.

Go Miners.

I'm glad Keitha Adams is back. When she left UTEP for Wichita State, she gave the reason of wanting to be closer to her parents. That might be, but I always thought part of it was burn out at UTEP over the whole thing with Jenzel Nash. Most highly recruited athlete Keitha ever got but ended up playing two seasons out of four and ruining her life with a criminal record. A couple of Keitha's players did well after college though. A few played professionally. A couple became assistant coaches. Best story though is Camesha Turner who got a scholarship to law school and is now a practicing attorney in Texas. Hope Keitha can have some more successes like that, as well as winning records on the court. Go Keitha, Go Miners.

I'm glad Keitha Adams is back. When she left UTEP for Wichita State, she gave the reason of wanting to be closer to her parents. That might be, but I always thought part of it was burn out at UTEP over the whole thing with Jenzel Nash. Most highly recruited athlete Keitha ever got but ended up playing two seasons out of four and ruining her life with a criminal record. A couple of Keitha's players did well after college though. A few played professionally. A couple became assistant coaches. Best story though is Camesha Turner who got a scholarship to law school and is now a practicing attorney in Texas. Hope Keitha can have some more successes like that, as well as winning records on the court. Go Keitha, Go Miners.
Nash definitely didn't ruin her life. She's actually doing well here in El Paso.

I'm pretty sure Kayla Thornton is still playing in the WNBA as well.

Last edited:
If you love where you’re at, you can sell and make the community better.

Welcome home coach!!

I absolutely love Keitha. Hell of a coach, hell of an interview and a good person. Nothing against her at all, it’s a cool thing.

But again, Jim Senter is lazy as hell and hasn’t raised enough money to make good hires. Is this a good hire? It’s a Fun hire and could be good, but it’s also lazy as hell, right on par with Senter tho, all those people celebrating on twitter are feeding into Senter’s BS and it’s sickening to watch.

I wish her good luck, but damn woulda been nice to see someone new from the P5 assistant ranks come in and get a chance IMO.
It’s women’s basketball. Who cares?! Keitha works.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
It’s women’s basketball. Who cares?! Keitha works.
Exactly. Doesn’t bother me either way. However, I would have liked to see Senter hire someone else. Instead, he hired an ex-UTEP coach. One that was probably on their way out at their current employer.

Most of us dislike Dismel, but who would we get once he leaves? Scary to think of what Senter might get.

Exactly. Doesn’t bother me either way. However, I would have liked to see Senter hire someone else. Instead, he hired an ex-UTEP coach. One that was probably on their way out at their current employer.

Most of us dislike Dismel, but who would we get once he leaves? Scary to think of what Senter might get.
And some of us just hope Dimel will find a way to win!

Reactions: Lil_Train
It’s expected when a coach who the players committed to leaves. Adams would do well to recruit what talent she sees from the current squad and pull the rest from the portal.

Reactions: Rot

Go after Colby Carthel at SFA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT