ADVERTISEMENT

If fans Allowed?

Guys , I asked a simple question. You all are acting like 12 year olds. As my dad would have said” take that shit outside, beat the crap out of each other. Come back in and act like an adult. “

Guys , I asked a simple question. You all are acting like 12 year olds. As my dad would have said” take that shit outside, beat the crap out of each other. Come back in and act like an adult. “
I'm not going to the football games until the product on the field is better and/or there is a coach that tries to actually score touchdowns (or there is at least some glimmer of excitement). I could care less about thinking that I'm gonna get COVID. I'm around it every day. I know how to protect myself.

Probably the only thing we agree on, this coaching staff and the previous one has given us a shit show.
That being said, I just enjoy football to much not to go. ( Not sure if going to a UTEP game

Reactions: Autograph Boy

I set a date and time to fight — mama’s boy didn’t show.

So what if an Anglo or a Hispanic uses the "a" version? What if a black uses the hard "er"? Racist? Yes or No?

Context. If that Anglo is allowed by his black friends to say it, then that is not racist. If you’re singing lyrics to a rap song, that is not racist either. However, in both cases, you should mind your surroundings.

Anyone using the hard “er” is likely racist. Unless part of a joke, that word shouldn’t be said. It’s possible for a black person to be racist against their own race or a select part of them. Same with other races and their slurs.

I'm not going to the football games until the product on the field is better and/or there is a coach that tries to actually score touchdowns (or there is at least some glimmer of excitement). I could care less about thinking that I'm gonna get COVID. I'm around it every day. I know how to protect myself.

So speaking personally, I will NOT go for two reasons:

1. What you said about the product on the field and coaching.

2. Unlike you, I am NOT around COVID every day. I work from home. Although I take precautions such as wearing a mask, washing hands/hand sanitizer, and practicing social distancing, I don't consider that sufficient to say that I know how to protect myself or at least insufficient to say that I think I'm safe.

I wish good health though to those who go to games. This shit is real and deadly.

I might have gone to the Texas Tech game, depending on the kickoff time. Likely would have been on TV, so a 8/815 kickoff, would have been a no from me.

Depending on how the Nevada and NMSU games went, would have determined if I would have attended any CUSA games.

2. Unlike you, I am NOT around COVID every day. I work from home. Although I take precautions such as wearing a mask, washing hands/hand sanitizer, and practicing social distancing, I don't consider that sufficient to say that I know how to protect myself or at least insufficient to say that I think I'm safe.

I wish good health though to those who go to games. This shit is real and deadly.
Yes it is,

Yes fair enough. You do know how to protect yourself, but the best option is always abstinence.

Context. If that Anglo is allowed by his black friends to say it, then that is not racist. If you’re singing lyrics to a rap song, that is not racist either. However, in both cases, you should mind your surroundings.

Anyone using the hard “er” is likely racist. Unless part of a joke, that word shouldn’t be said. It’s possible for a black person to be racist against their own race or a select part of them. Same with other races and their slurs.
Man the lines are pretty blurry then. I say we just get rid of the word all together.

Hard to eradicate a word, especially when popular rappers use it frequently. Sadly, it’s here to stay, like all the other slurs we’re aware of.

Like in the song "Rockstar" BLM remix

If you are a rapper and you are pro black lives matter and against racism then don't use the word, period. The 'N' word is race derogatory. If you do use it then you are discredited in my mind.

Its ok though. I say choose one side or the other and be consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT