ADVERTISEMENT

If Vince Stays Next Year

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
If Vince stays this could be next year's starting line up what ya think?

G OMEGA HARRIS 6-2
G LEE MOORE 6-5 or JOSH MCSWIGGAN 6-7
G EARVING MORRIS 6-5
F VINCE HUNTER 6-8
C MATT WILLMS 7-1

Guard will still be a huge weakness. The only guard i like is morris, maybe Omega can develop his game. I dont look for contributions from moore or the English kid. We desperately need a jc center Willms is a big step down from lang.

Josh will probably redshirt if he makes it here. The same probably for Lee.

I am not high on Matt, I like Omega and of course Vince. Not an outstanding lineup by any means, but I guess we will just have to take it if that is close to the actual lineup.

I think that will be a good lineup...but if things stay the same is gonna be the bench...I think paul Thomas, flaggert, touchet and Romine Caldwell, Wynn will be pretty decent

Seriously doubt that Hunter is staying.
frown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by nattybry:
If Vince stays this could be next year's starting line up what ya think?

G OMEGA HARRIS 6-2
G LEE MOORE 6-5 or JOSH MCSWIGGAN 6-7
G EARVING MORRIS 6-5
F VINCE HUNTER 6-8
C MATT WILLMS 7-1
LOL @ expecting two recruits to be in the starting lineup. That's worked out well here during Floyd's tenure.

Who is Earving Morris? Is he a new recruit?

So ST Carlos you can read an error with EARVING MORRIS, but you can't read the actual post, how did I say two recruits in the starting lineup??? I believe it says or doesn't it? And thats just cause people have said they're not sure if Lee Moore is coming, if he does he will be a starter Promise you that, he's one of the top JC Recruits and a natural scorer. Omega will be fine, he was a freshman

This post was edited on 3/16 9:17 PM by nattybry

Wtf? Did he blow off the spring semester that much? Even if he goes to summer camp he can squeeze in some classes.

I'll say this. We might be built a bit better next year than this. The best case scenario is that everyone is as advertised and we have Morris, Moore, Flaggert and Touchet who are 6-4 to 6-7 who can shoot the three. And, throw in Harris who has been on and off from three this year. Hopefully, that won't allow defenses to clog the lane for Hunter, Willms and probably Thomas (more of a slasher right now than a shooter, right?). I think we're going to have to be much better on offense next year because I think we're going to take another step back on defense.

Hopefully Hunter can pick up an honest 10-15 foot jump shot. And we'll see about Harris. Like it or not, he's probably going to be our starting point guard next year. Unless we have more volatility (which unfortunately is always an option), I don't think we have room to sign anyone. If we can get the Omega got showed up against FIU, I think we'll be able to manage. Coach Johnson said he was thinking too much out there this season and that he finally just went out and played against FIU for probably the first time. Not quite sure what happened against Middle. Any way, it's a big offseason for him.
This post was edited on 3/16 9:12 PM by STexMiner

Originally posted by STexMiner:
I'll say this. We might be built a bit better next year than this. The best case scenario is that everyone is as advertised and we have Morris, Moore, Flaggert and Touchet who are 6-4 to 6-7 who can shoot the three. And, throw in Harris who has been on and off from three this year. Hopefully, that won't allow defenses to clog the lane for Hunter, Willms and probably Thomas (more of a slasher right now than a shooter, right?). I think we're going to have to be much better on offense next year because I think we're going to take another step back on defense.

Hopefully Hunter can pick up an honest 10-15 foot jump shot. And we'll see about Harris. Like it or not, he's probably going to be our starting point guard next year. Unless we have more volatility (which unfortunately is always an option), I don't think we have room to sign anyone. If we can get the Omega got showed up against FIU, I think we'll be able to manage. Coach Johnson said he was thinking too much out there this season and that he finally just went out and played against FIU for probably the first time. Not quite sure what happened against Middle. Any way, it's a big offseason for him.
This post was edited on 3/16 9:12 PM by STexMiner
According to what Floyd said at a radio show, Thomas plays like Hunter but with a better shot and not as strong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT