ADVERTISEMENT

Is Chris Park Leaving?

Just spoke to CP, 10 minutes ago. With mixed feelings, he leaves for Wazzoo. Reports to Pullman before Labor Day.

Career move, not necessarily from the heart: "I love El Paso. I love UTEP. This was just too good of an opportunity to turn down."

Much, much more to the story. Details in the next issue of my newsletter "Miners Are Forever."

Remembered line from Tubby Smith: "Coaches win games, administrations win championships."

It’s going to be interesting to see the finance reports next year. For all the slack BS would get the man could fundraise. MinerforLife says that Chris Park is very good with the big donors. We will be able to evaluate how Senter and his crew do on their own.

Last season despite the awful performance by the two major sports UTEP finished third in CUSA in contributions. We will see if people are buying into the hype.

It’s going to be interesting to see the finance reports next year. For all the slack BS would get the man could fundraise. MinerforLife says that Chris Park is very good with the big donors. We will be able to evaluate how Senter and his crew do on their own.

Last season despite the awful performance by the two major sports UTEP finished third in CUSA in contributions. We will see if people are buying into the hype.
Knowing how to make "A dollar holla'!" is crucial. La. Tech has my admiration. Competitive every year in major revenue sports and with a lower tier budget.

Good luck to him...and I believe a few of Bob Stull's understudies have moved on to good roles so he did a good job there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT