ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Now see that's a valid question. I'm not sure who is and who isn't donating to the NIL Collective, again not UTEP, which doesn't pay these athletes again for those who don't get it. However one would think that Don Haskins son could get enough support to at least have a 2 or 3 million dollar NIL Collective in place! Also Fili I'm not sure after 1 year how you see Terrell jumping to the NBA early. Not saying he won't ever, but nothing from his Freshman year shows he's that guy yet.

Vince Hunter jumped and he didn't get drafted. Maybe Hunter doesn't leave if he had my NIL proposal deal?? Terrell is not NBA ready now but what if he is ready after his junior season?

He’s not even close to NBA talent right now.
Maybe one day, don’t know if he would even make the G league today.
Let's not forget Fili snuck into the UTEP Practice Facility and nailed 2 out of 10 Jumpers in Denim, Damnit!!! Y'all need to put some Respect on his name as a knowledgeable Basketball Scout!!! If he says Terrell might jump to the NBA early, then Gosh Darn It give that man 3 Million Dollars, Now!!!!

Let's not forget Fili snuck into the UTEP Practice Facility and nailed 2 out of 10 Jumpers in Denim, Damnit!!! Y'all need to put some Respect on his name as a knowledgeable Basketball Scout!!! If he says Terrell might jump to the NBA early, then Gosh Darn It give that man 3 Million Dollars, Now!!!!
I was not 2 out of 10. It was 3 out of 5.

Vince Hunter jumped and he didn't get drafted. Maybe Hunter doesn't leave if he had my NIL proposal deal?? Terrell is not NBA ready now but what if he is ready after his junior season?
The days of UTEP building a team like 09-10' are gone. If we are lucky enough to get another real FOTY like Vince Hunter he will be gone after 1 season. I beleive the NIL deals are for 1 year, not multi-year contracts.

Our only chance is mixing good freshman and sophmores with good transfer players

Reactions: FedupMiner
So sorry I doubted Fili. Just have Fili sign the checks and I will make sure they get cashed. Oops I mean I will make sure Terrell gets them.

So sorry I doubted Fili. Just have Fili sign the checks and I will make sure they get cashed. Oops I mean I will make sure Terrell gets them.

So tell me if Utep had no issues with money. How much would you offer Terrell?

So tell me if Utep had no issues with money. How much would you offer Terrell?
Sigh! The schools can't offer the recruits any more than a full ride scholarship. The idea behind the NIL is that businesses can pay them to use their "name, image, or likeness" (ala Caitlin Clark for State Farm). Of course, the practice is that a bunch of boosters throw money into an NIL collective to pay the players. But how much money UTEP has is irrelevant.

In the other thread I mentioned he would need to Transfer to get playing time. He got very few snaps in Practice and with Ochoa and Smith coming in, it was obvious. I’m curious about Mike Franklin and Seth Mouser. Will they stick around?
Didn’t Ochoa commit to UNLV? Is he coming to UTEP now?

I'm probably in the minority, but I would have liked to have seen what Hardison could do under the Walden offense. Hardison was never a fit for Dimel's offense which relied on a running threat at the position.
No idea why waste all the time recruiting and developing a qb that doesn’t fit his system. While we watched dual threat qbs transfer out year after year. That’s loco.

No idea why waste all the time recruiting and developing a qb that doesn’t fit his system. While we watched dual threat qbs transfer out year after year. That’s loco.
My guess is that Dimel felt he could adjust the offense to better fit Hardison; an old coach just being too stubborn. We saw how much better the offense looked under Brownholtz, albeit for a small sample size. I also think Locksley could have had success playing behind a better OL (like last year). He was absolutely killed behind as bad of OL as I have seen in a while, and that says alot when talking UTEP FB.

• Sad
Reactions: MinerManiac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT