ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill Resigns

Sanchez was already the wide receivers coach at NMSU.

Kill was offered $1.1 Million on dec 19 but turned it down. Said it was because there was more more tank in the gas and he won’t ever be a head coach again.

Reactions: EPUTEP
1.1MM per year? We’ll need to really step it up next coaching search
Well noooo, cause it's actually not the same situation... Hiring a new FCS coach vs a Veteran P5 coach who just took your team to 2 straight bowls is apples and oranges lol Let Walden win 2 straight bowls and then see what UTEP offers him to stay!? It wouldn't be enough and of course he'd probably move on to Bigger and Better, but u see my point.

Could very well be health-related, if so I hope the best for him. Tough for the Aggies, I hope Sanchez can keep'em competitive.

Reactions: EPUTEP
I don’t believe aggie fans are happy with Sanchez as their new coach. Sanchez did not do well at UNLV and was let go. I’m surprised the head coaching job did not go to the OC or DC, but instead to a position coach. Although Sanchez had prior head coaching experience he wasn’t successful at UNLV. It looks like Kill had a big say in who the job was given to. I can also see more aggie players following Pavia and transferring out.

We should definitely target Trent Hudson or Johnathan Brady their 2 receivers in the transfer portal

No doubt in my mind Kill retired due to health reasons. I bet he thought he would be ok but that job is stressful af.
Not really understanding the "want" for Pavia or anyone else at nmsu. Those dudes excelled because of Kill and his system.
Let Walden bring in his dudes. I believe we already have 3 new QBs coming in plus others still here.

No doubt in my mind Kill retired due to health reasons. I bet he thought he would be ok but that job is stressful af.
Not really understanding the "want" for Pavia or anyone else at nmsu. Those dudes excelled because of Kill and his system.
Let Walden bring in his dudes. I believe we already have 3 new QBs coming in plus others still here.
Every QB needs a good system that plays to their strengths. You could make that argument about anyone. Pavia is tough as nails and he has proven he can win at the D-1 level. Why not take a stab and try to bring him or any other Aggies in?

Every QB needs a good system that plays to their strengths. You could make that argument about anyone. Pavia is tough as nails and he has proven he can win at the D-1 level. Why not take a stab and try to bring him or any other Aggies in?
Meh....Pavia has done well this year, as have the aggies, but...
We have a new coach with a new system. For the most part, he's signed kids with experience in his system. Why waste a year on kids that aren't familiar with this system?
Not knocking any of their players, but they should go elsewhere. IMO

I agree. The QB position is a weakness going into next season. Adding Pavia would make it a strength next season and a chance of a quick turnaround instead of the typical UTEP rebuild.

Reactions: EPUTEP and nattybry
According to this NMSU person/X/Tweet, Sanchez was an “on field” advisor to kill during games?

I agree. The QB position is a weakness going into next season. Adding Pavia would make it a strength next season and a chance of a quick turnaround instead of the typical UTEP rebuild.
I agree with that. As it stands today, would you take any of those QBs on the roster over a guy like Pavia? I don’t think so. But I think bigger schools will be after the kid, and I think any player from NMSU or UTEP who switched to the rival would be asking for all kinds of hell.

I saw that coming. They were there because of Kill.
Kill really was the heart and souls of the team. In his contract if he left early Tim Beck would be the head coach but since Beck went to Vandy that added another layer wonkiness to the team.
Sanchez was said to give advice to Kill when he needed it during games so hopefully that will help. Sanchez was also good at raising money at UNLV so we shall see how that plays into getting players pull their name get get more talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT