ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ Liberty MBB Prediction, Game etc

My question is, what changed?

No doubt, Sat’s win doesn’t happen without the Jax St. win. As far as I can best tell, Hamilton’s increased minutes are resulting in better spacing in that he represents an inside threat that Kalu simply does not.

This is on Golding who has said Hamilton’s defense is a liability. Don’t get this as Soloman’s offensive turnovers are a much worse liability but Soloman gets plenty of playing time. Hamilton is too valuable to waste on the bench. If Golding thinks Hamilton is a liability, then get creative and play some zone.

That’s as best as I can answer as to what has changed.

Last edited:
My question is, what changed?

No doubt, Sat’s win doesn’t happen without the Jax St. win. As far as I can best tell, Hamilton’s increased minutes are resulting in better spacing in that he represents an inside threat that Kalu simply does not.

This is on Golding who has said Hamilton’s defense is a liability. Don’t get this as Soloman’s offensive turnovers are a much worse liability but Soloman gets plenty of playing time. Hamilton is too valuable to waste on the bench. If Golding thinks Hamilton is a liability, then get creative and play some zone.

That’s as best as I can answer as to what has changed.
I dont think we will ever see zone, but I too would like to see a 3-2 zone with Kalu and Jones on the back line. I think it would allow our guards and wings to roam the passing lanes up front so we could still run, while keeping our bigs down low to defend the rim better (also while allowing for some backside blocks and better rebounding). I don't think it would hurt our 3pt defense. It's not that great anyway. It could be a good change up for Golding. I think we have the guys to do it.

Liberty lost to MTSU last night and is now at 6-9. Their final game is against WKU at home. MTSU is at 7-8 with their final game at La Tech. Assuming both teams lose and both UTEP and NMSU wins, there will be a 3 way tie for 4th place between UTEP NMSU and MTSU. Since there is a 3 way tie and each team split the series with each other a mini round robin would occur with the highest winning percentage of that round robin would determine seeding. UTEP could be as high as the 4th seed or as low as the 6th.

Liberty lost to MTSU last night and is now at 6-9. Their final game is against WKU at home. MTSU is at 7-8 with their final game at La Tech. Assuming both teams lose and both UTEP and NMSU wins, there will be a 3 way tie for 4th place between UTEP NMSU and MTSU. Since there is a 3 way tie and each team split the series with each other a mini round robin would occur with the highest winning percentage of that round robin would determine seeding. UTEP could be as high as the 4th seed or as low as the 6th.
While 4th would be a nice jump. The 6th seed probably provides the easiest route to the championship, I think.

Mathematically there’s a possibility cusa finishes with a five way tie for 4th place. I wonder how the tie breakers would end up in that scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT