ADVERTISEMENT

Josh McSwiggan..... gone

Anyone think and this is total speculation! Do you think these guys leaving had anything to do with the omega Harris situation? Maybe they are not happy with Floyd pulling his scholarship? Just an idea?

I did wonder about that. I half expected to see Winn bolt too, being that he and Omega have been tight.

It's pretty obvious that we're cutting as much scholarship money as possible to put it towards the MWC entrance fee.

That way we can end up in the basement of the MWC and Floyd and everyone of his backers can call it a successful season because it was in the MWC, not CUSA.

Oh sorry I must be forgetting but "THIS IS THE YEAR FOR THE MINERS. What that person really meant was this was the year that we hit rock bottom.

And then if Artis leaves, why would Winn stick around?

I almost want it to ALL fall apart. But then I'm reminded of the phrase, "be careful what you wish for...".
I'm thinking that Winn has three more years left (allegedly), so he might be a little more amenable to staying around and essentially being the face of the program for a while. This is Artis's last rodeo, so I'm not sure how much sense there is in just going through the motions next year. But, you're right, technically I don't think there's much reason for anyone to stay around and wouldn't blame anyone for leaving at this point.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don't think Artis will leave because he is doing so well academically. He's getting minutes, getting great grades, and for a guy that had character concerns coming in, he has shown nothing but outstanding citizenship.

How bad are all of these transfers going to impact our APR, if at all?

I imagine Floyd is also losing some faculty support. Professors, TAs, tutors bust their asses trying to help athletes succeed in the classroom, and then POOF they're gone. After awhile, you stop responding to cries for help -- what's the point?

Anyone think and this is total speculation! Do you think these guys leaving had anything to do with the omega Harris situation? Maybe they are not happy with Floyd pulling his scholarship? Just an idea?
My speculation is as follows. We all assume Omega likes the herb. Floyd probably already gave him a couple of chances and he keeps getting caught. Floyd pulled his scholarship and forced him to prove he wants to be a Miner. The other players who maybe also partake in extracurricular activities got scared and ran off. Isn't one of them nicknamed buddah? I always grew up knowing buddah was slang for weed. They probably taught to themselves if we get caught our scholarship is gone.

I don't know what to think anymore. Just throwing it out there.

Reactions: e-rick
My speculation is as follows. We all assume Omega likes the herb. Floyd probably already gave him a couple of chances and he keeps getting caught. Floyd pulled his scholarship and forced him to prove he wants to be a Miner. The other players who maybe also partake in extracurricular activities got scared and ran off. Isn't one of them nicknamed buddah? I always grew up knowing buddah was slang for weed. They probably taught to themselves if we get caught our scholarship is gone.

If they end up at The University of Denver, that'll tell us something.

He got the nickname Buddha when he was a baby. His parents said he looked like a little Buddah statue. Please don't label players druggies unless you have proof.

He got the nickname Buddha when he was a baby. His parents said he looked like a little Buddah statue. Please don't label players druggies unless you have proof.
Ok sir got it. Do you know what the definition of speculation is?

Reactions: e-rick
Josh left to be closer to his girlfriend in Wyoming............... CTF had nothing to do with his decision to leave.
Are you saying he will be hoopin' for the Cowboys? I remember seeing her pic with him. She appears to be super athletic. Don't know her sport. She could have come to UTEP instead. Would have been a better idea.

Wyoming!?

You mean to tell me that of the two choices ( her leaving Wyoming to come here, or vice versa), they decided Wyoming was the better spot to be?

Yikes...

It didn't help much when he had to sit watching for a year because the staff dropped the ball on making him eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT