ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State's Alex Delton transfers to UTEP

Just a thought: but if this guy seizes the job does the staff try and move Locksley back to WR?

Wonder what the plans are now with all the QBs?? There's way too many here that can't play D1 on our roster. I would think goodwin redshirts this year. But would kai want to be a backup?? Another 2 man qb system?? Or does he go to WR which is definitely a place in need

Reactions: John 100
5320725101faa2a452f15df6_alright-alright-alright1.gif

Dimel has been here almost exactly one year(he was hired last December). In almost exactly one year here, Dimel has already signed 3 QB’s who have been ranked as 3 star QB’s(Locksley, Delton, and Goodwin).

- By comparison, Dimel has already signed more 3 star QB’s in only his first year here than Kugler signed during his entire 5 years here. Kugler signed only two 3 star QB’s during his 5 years here(Showers and Fernandes).

- Dimel has also signed almost as many 3 star QB’s in only 1 year here, than what Mike Price signed during his 9 years here. Price signed five 3-star QB’s during his 9 years here(Dew, Sam, Vittatoe, Hall, Simpson).

- Dimel has also signed almost as many 3 star QB’s in only 1 year here, than what Mike Price signed during his 9 years here. Price signed five 3-star QB’s during his 9 years here(Dew, Sam, Vittatoe, Hall, Simpson).

So Dimel is going to have a better record than Price at UTEP?

It doesn’t matter who starts against Houston Baptist. Both of these guys will have plenty of opportunities to cement themselves as the starting qb.

So I'm not trying to be a flaming internet bung hole like Honeyboy, but did this kid fall off a 3 story building in between being the JUCO offensive player of the year and playing at UTEP? What happened to his ankles?
I'm not going to look it up, but do you remember he got hurt around the Rice game. Missed a game or too. Probably felt he had to play because Metz got hurt too. So, we were down 2 QBs.

I hinted at this maybe a month ago on here. Delton is pretty one-faceted, butt it isn't like he's fully incapable of throwing. He just tends to lock on to one receiver too often. He has a pretty decent deep ball though. He's had concussion issues, but was a great teammate at KSU and certainly has athleticism. I'll be cheering for him as a KSU fan.

Price won 40 games at UTEP in 8 years. You think Dimel is going to win more than 39 games in 7 years? I hope that happens, but seems highly doubtful.
I don’t expect it to happen, but it would be hell of a lot better than what we’ve had lately,

Reactions: John 100
I’m not sure he’s the QB that’s needed here. UTEP already has a running QB in Locksley. What UTEP needs is a an accurate passer who can be consistent.

I’m not sure he’s the QB that’s needed here. UTEP already has a running QB in Locksley. What UTEP needs is a an accurate passer who can be consistent.
Unfortunately, Locksley had a TD to INT ration of 3 - 9. That's really bad but certainly not all on him. Delton had a ratio of 5 - 4 which is not great but better. Delton has been a starter on a Big 12 team, was MVP in a bowl win and Locksley in undergoing ankle surgery. Delton is a one year fix while Goodwin is our long term fix, we hope.

I think Dimel favors running QBs over accurate prostyle QBs

Unfortunately, Locksley had a TD to INT ration of 3 - 9. That's really bad but certainly not all on him. Delton had a ratio of 5 - 4 which is not great but better. Delton has been a starter on a Big 12 team, was MVP in a bowl win and Locksley in undergoing ankle surgery. Delton is a one year fix while Goodwin is our long term fix, we hope.

But we also have to admit that UTEP’s WR corps is trash compared to KSU’s. I am very interested to see what his numbers look like if these guys don’t get any separation again.

Kai left UT because he didn't want to be a receiver. His dad was just hired at Maryland. I'll just leave this here.

Good point. I will, however, say that if you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking (maybe you’re not), that could take CML from a 3-31 career record to 3-43 real quick, especially in the Big 10.

Of course Kai would have to graduate for that to happen, also.

Reactions: axingfools1
I don’t expect it to happen, but it would be hell of a lot better than what we’ve had lately,
I think if Dimel stays seven more years he would reach 40 wins. That’s what we expect him to do. Average around 6 wins a season with a few 8 win and 4 win seasons mixed in.

Overall, this is just a dumb comparison and question. Mike Price inherited a roster that had: Thomas Howard, Jonnie Lee Higgins, Jordan Palmer, Howard Jackson, Jamahl Fenner, Quentin Demps, Robert Rodriguez, Chris Francies, Ibok Ibok, Godwin Akinduro, Chris Mineo, Zach West, Etc. Etc. Etc. Gary Nord built his roster on a 5 year plan, then Mike Price came in and won during years 4 and 5 of Nord’s plan. Mike Price won with Nord’s roster and then he never had a winning season at UTEP again after he ran out of Nord recruits. Dimel did not have the same luxury that Mike Pricd had and instead Dimel inherited the worst roster in D1 football and he faced a total rebuild.

This is just as dumb as asking who will have a better record in their first year Doc Sadler or Rodney Terry? When Sadler inherited Fili Rivera, Omar Thomas, Jason Williams, John Tofi, etc. By comparison Terry inherited........Paul Thomas.

Comparing Price and Dimel during years 3 through 6 would be a more accurate question.

Good point. I will, however, say that if you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking (maybe you’re not), that could take CML from a 3-31 career record to 3-43 real quick, especially in the Big 10.

Of course Kai would have to graduate for that to happen, also.

Second chances like that at the FBS level are rare. After what Maryland has gone through the past year or two they had too, one would like to assume, have completed a "drop your pants and let us take a look" probe both through public channels and by the private firm(s) college athletics use during the hiring process. With that being said, I think it is safe to say Kai is staying put. His pops has to be totally 100% transparent, accountable and above board of recruits and transfers at Maryland, not that it's different at any college program but Maryland AD staff have made some questionable judgement calls that has put them under the microscope. Just for shits and giggles, if KL did transfer, it would be rejected given his past at UT, his now concerning ankles and his throwing accuracy not to mention transferring from a program that is in literally total start from scratch rebuilding mode with one win last year. But, his dad pulled a seasoned congressional politician Houdini and remade his image for the better at Alabama. Couldn't ask for a better way to the road of redemption.

KL at wr is a very interesting proposition but I doubt it would happen. Dimel needs, not wants, needs a solid TE, FB and play making WR that will be ready for the first play from scrimmage as a starter. His offense depends deeply on these three. He also needs to beef up the D line and one or two aggressive juco LB's to fill in for the loss of CUSA leading tackler (tied for 1st) Hotchkins and Jamar Smith.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I think if Dimel stays seven more years he would reach 40 wins. That’s what we expect him to do. Average around 6 wins a season with a few 8 win and 4 win seasons mixed in.

So how many games do you think Dimel will win next year and the year after?

Actually I don't "expect" Dimel to win that many games.

I know there is only one way to go and that is up. I think the best thing that’s happening is that a lot of these Kugler players are graduating. But with that being said I feel like we will have at least one or two more tough years before we see the plan take shape.

It’s obvious he’s not a FBS QB. Maybe in a RPO package here and there, but he just doesn’t have it. Why would he transfer up to the Big 10? Stupid post
Yeah, but your post about how people shouldn't go to games "just because" or "pay for a ticket to watch a loser" was much better! What was really stupid is when you admitted you bought a ticket to see them "because you wanted to". Since you won't answer, I'm gonna assume it was the aggie game which would make you a total douche and unfit to judge anybody's comments.

So he must have gotten a deal from TCU because now he's going there instead. That's cool. Hope he gets sacked by Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

I wouldn't worry about losing this guy. He is a run first QB and can't throw for shat! His skills are built for the triple option.
Yup. However, for the triple you want the more of the fleet of foot, slippery type that can squeeze of of a tackle's or DE grasp like former Rice qb Chase Clement. That former qb could squeeze out of the gravitational pull of a black hole. I think he averaged almost four to five ypc when he kept the ball?

Interesting that Delton was allowed to transfer to a school within the Big 12 Conference. I would figure K-State would have blocked it.
I could be wrong but I believe that he's a grad transfer and I don't think grad transfers can be blocked

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT