ADVERTISEMENT

Locals- Aaron Jones Restaurant Opening

Like I said in the other thread about the exact same thing, looked more like a nightclub from the videos i saw on Instagram.

They had a DJ, busy bar, everyone dancing. Looks legit.

Reactions: MinerFan79
I posted about this and my thread was deleted. Why isnt Jammasterj complaining??

My only complaint, why didn't he open it near Utep?? Something like this could help attendance to games. That's what Utep needs things to do before and after the game.

My only complaint, why didn't he open it near Utep?? Something like this could help attendance to games. That's what Utep needs things to do before and after the game.
Dumb. Wouldn’t expect anything less though. “Gee honey we just ate at the AJ restaurant, and I just looked and UTEP happens to be playing in 15 minutes. I am a giant idiot and didn’t know this prior to eating here today. Let’s go to the game.”

Expect big things for El Paso the next 25 years.

[and yes, expect your property values to go up. Prosperity has costs]

Dumb. Wouldn’t expect anything less though. “Gee honey we just ate at the AJ restaurant, and I just looked and UTEP happens to be playing in 15 minutes. I am a giant idiot and didn’t know this prior to eating here today. Let’s go to the game.”
You dont know what your talking about. Go take another vacation.

Went to a couple of open houses today, 3 years ago they would be lucky to get 130,000 . One was asking 199,950 the other 295,000. These were not in the good parts of town. Outrageous!

Went to a couple of open houses today, 3 years ago they would be lucky to get 130,000 . One was asking 199,950 the other 295,000. These were not in the good parts of town. Outrageous!

But is that what they're actually selling for?

What areas were you looking at? What was the square footage?

My friend just bought a 1,1102 square foot house in Northeast El Paso for $130,000.

Last edited:
Both of these were flip houses. One in Lorreto and the other off the lower part of Dyer . Neither of these are going to sell anywhere near those prices. Don’t know what they were thinking. There is a house a block from me that twice the size and 50 years newer asking for 205,000.

But is that what they're actually selling for?

What areas were you looking at? What was the square footage?

My friend just bought a 1,1102 square foot house in Northeast El Paso for $130,000.
Many of the nicer homes are selling for over asking price (even if they don't appraise, there are contingencies from buyers to pay the difference) and they are selling quick.

Once interest rates keep rising and supply increases the market will slow down.

My wife and I enjoy looking for houses and we have wanted to move if we ever find the 'right one', but fortunately we don't have too. I'm afraid now that we missed the bus!

The good thing is that the value our home has gone up as well and if we sell we will recapture all of the money we've put in for remodeling, etc..

Many of the nicer homes are selling for over asking price (even if they don't appraise, there are contingencies from buyers to pay the difference) and they are selling quick.

Once interest rates keep rising and supply increases the market will slow down.

My wife and I enjoy looking for houses and we have wanted to move if we ever find the 'right one', but fortunately we don't have too. I'm afraid now that we missed the bus!

The good thing is that the value our home has gone up as well and if we sell we will recapture all of the money we've put in for remodeling, etc..
My realtor told me on average homes right now are selling 7-8% above asking price. Incredible

Both of these were flip houses. One in Lorreto and the other off the lower part of Dyer . Neither of these are going to sell anywhere near those prices. Don’t know what they were thinking. There is a house a block from me that twice the size and 50 years newer asking for 205,000.
I love the Loretto area. Beautiful homes over there

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Aaron Jones was the guest announcer for the Packer's second-round pick and he was introduced as Aaron Jones from the University of Texas-El Paso. No doubt he requested that intro, he's always repping the 915.

Wish more guys would rep the 915 like Aaron does. He's a tremendous asset to the city and to the university and clearly loves his adopted home town. Can't help but love him for constantly promoting El Paso and UTEP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT