ADVERTISEMENT

MJ McFarland sighting

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Really thought this guy was going to be special. MJ McFarland is part of Da Boys 3 day rookie mini camp.

I give him a >1% chance to make the roster.

C_pobnvWsAI5Jb4.jpg

He has great size, a good blocker and very, very under utilized while at UT. He is definitely NFL material in my opinion. Kug always has solid big body TE's since he arrived and still took on McFarland before he got booted. This guy is high reward whoever decides to give him a chance.

"I don’t know if the front office will sign this kid, but tryout guy MJ McFarland, a tight end out of Texas-El Paso, caught my eye. At 6-5, 253 pounds, he moved with ease. I also liked his ability to adjust to the ball on the move, whether he was going across the middle or into the flat. It felt like he had a better feel in the scheme than Blake Jarwin, who they signed after the draft."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/05/14/broaddus-standout-players-notes-cowboys-rookie-camp

Doesn't surprise me one bit. He has Sunday morning potential. He needs some polishing but I honestly believe he is way, way more athletic than Winton. The TE spot is tricky position most fans are unaware of. You have to have the strength and lateral movement of a starting NFL lineman, the I.Q of Peyton Manning (to read schemes). Shed tacklers like a stud rb or block like a lineman. Have the timing and agility of a Megatron Calvin Johnson receiver at times and maintain the muscle mass and weight during your career so that you can play the position.

I think he'll have a tough time as a TE making a team that already has Witten, Hanna and Swaim. Then there's Rico Gathers on the practice squad. With the camp injuries it sounds like they just signed someone already familiar with the system.... but I DO hope he can shock some people and stay on

I think he'll have a tough time as a TE making a team that already has Witten, Hanna and Swaim. Then there's Rico Gathers on the practice squad. With the camp injuries it sounds like they just signed someone already familiar with the system.... but I DO hope he can shock some people and stay on

Yeah, he's not safe yet.

Kugler lucked out by not being able to utilize him last year. It's refreshing that he doesn't blame his failures on players that didn't suit up.

Is that a Floyd shot? If so, well done. Let me add the SNARE & HI HAT!

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT