ADVERTISEMENT

MLB may be back in May.

While I think this is a great idea, I don't think it's going to happen. The players are going to have to be sequestered in a hotel room for many months and won't be able to see their families during that time. That doesn't sound ideal for them.

I'm not a big baseball fan but it's better than watching marbles... I do wanna see what's going to happen to the stros... the Lastros

MLB players are men of their households and have families to take care of. being locked away from their families for four months in order to make their full salary is something I’m sure all MLBers are on board with as difficult as it could be. Crazy to see this happen if it does.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Jesus Cristo!

No vaccine=no stadium nor arena sports; fans or no fans.

Give Trump .000001 ownership in a pro franchise and he will keep them all afloat for a year until vaccine comes out.

From what I heard on the radio today the plan would be to play all of the games in Arizona and have the games with no fans in attendance.

I don't know about this plan. I don’t know if I would be cool with being “deployed” and playing baseball in the midst of this disease, especially if my family were not relocated with me so that I knew they were safe. Plus I would imagine a lot of players/staff would be burdened with worrying about the safety of family and friends especially if this thing is still kicking the shit out of places like New York and LA.

I read that they were looking at containing whole teams at hotels and trying to limit potential exposure but all it takes is 1 player or one member of the staff to test positive and this plan goes out the window in a heartbeat. They would not play 1 game more if that happens.

I don't know about this plan. I don’t know if I would be cool with being “deployed” and playing baseball in the midst of this disease, especially if my family were not relocated with me so that I knew they were safe. Plus I would imagine a lot of players/staff would be burdened with worrying about the safety of family and friends especially if this thing is still kicking the shit out of places like New York and LA.

I read that they were looking at containing whole teams at hotels and trying to limit potential exposure but all it takes is 1 player or one member of the staff to test positive and this plan goes out the window in a heartbeat. They would not play 1 game more if that happens.
Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Well, we have WWE having shows and UFC talking about buying an island...

WWE has been broadcasting pre-taped matches from an empty training center. The shows were recorded before Florida went full shutdown. Not sure what they are going to show once they use up existing tapings.

On the other hand, as much as I love MMA, Dana White is being irresponsible in my opinion. How can fighters participate in months long training camps while in quarantine? Fight teams are more than 10 people. Bad idea.

Reactions: minermx07
The big problem is the minor leagues almost certainly wont be able to start until July. The MLB will have to expand the rosters to at least 40 men to make sure they have enough depth with no minor league system.

I

It is laughable how they do not believe that a positive test would necessarily be cause to quarantine an entire team or shut down the season.

Then they want to implement an electronic strike zone to allow the plate umpire to maintain sufficient distance from the catcher and batter, mound visits from the catcher and pitching coach will not be allowed. But it is ok for the batter and catcher to be within 3 feet of each other and it is ok for the baserunner and first baseman to be within 3 feet of each other as well??????
This plan is a joke.

It is laughable how they do not believe that a positive test would necessarily be cause to quarantine an entire team or shut down the season.

Then they want to implement an electronic strike zone to allow the plate umpire to maintain sufficient distance from the catcher and batter, mound visits from the catcher and pitching coach will not be allowed. But it is ok for the batter and catcher to be within 3 feet of each other and it is ok for the baserunner and first baseman to be within 3 feet of each other as well??????
This plan is a joke.

30 teams, you throw in the full rosters, training staff, coaches, executives and probably all of the families in a best case scenario. Then throw in umpires, field crews and broadcasters. You’re probably looking at a couple of thousand people total. There is no way in hell they can contain this because all it takes for someone to come into contact with the wrong person and it’s over

I think some weird scenario like this would be a decent way to open up the country again.

Like dipping the toe in.

Same with NBA. Hopefully, football can just return without caveats. Maybe just more precautions.

Reactions: Cube Jack
I think some weird scenario like this would be a decent way to open up the country again.

Like dipping the toe in.

Same with NBA. Hopefully, football can just return without caveats. Maybe just more precautions.

I imagine they are more dedicated to the millions watching on TV rather than the thousands in attendance.

Reactions: minermx07
I read where ESPN (Disney) intervened and forced Dana White to cancel UFC 249. Honestly I'm surprised it took so long.

Apparently White is still on the idea of "Fight Island" becoming a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT