ADVERTISEMENT

My apologies...

shyminer81

MI Hall of Famer
May 22, 2006
Vancouver Washington
I would like to apologize to Leftwich, a bunch of us gave him crap for his play early this season. He came back and played good, sound football. He didn't make bone headed mistakes, and did what he needed. It was nice for the offense to finally open up the passing game(under Leftwich) Who knew Baston, was a solid WR? He looked good, and I can see why Leftwich won the starting position, at least over Metz and Johnson. The Miners looked like a team not ready to give on their season, though it appeared that way 2 weeks ago.

The defense stepped up, if not for White's mistake, it would've probably been 10-27... Either way, it's nice to see the Miners get a win today!

Go Miners!

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Leftwich looked like a true field general, he commanded the line kept everybody calm. The offense looked so much more organized with him at quarterback. He is small but has really good feet and always has his head up, looking down field. His passing stats would have been a lot better if not for 2-3 dropped balls. He dropped a perfect pass on Golden sprinting down the sideline, which would have gone for 6, but Golden dropped it

Leftwich looked like a true field general, he commanded the line kept everybody calm. The offense looked so much more organized with him at quarterback. He is small but has really good feet and always has his head up, looking down field. His passing stats would have been a lot better if not for 2-3 dropped balls. He dropped a perfect pass on Golden sprinting down the sideline, which would have gone for 6, but Golden dropped it

Agreed. He had a lot of really nice throws, and took a couple of hard hits, too.

so-sorry.gif

I am getting way too confused, I don't know who is whom anymore... We have Miner fans, trolls, and some in between. Are you a good witch or a bad one, Unihorn?

PS, I wish I was at the game! Team showed some huevo's tonight!

Leftwich did look good tonight and I also don't think that he had a single pass knocked down at the line of scrimmage(which would be the first time that has happened). I was at the game and the wind was at it's worst during the 2nd quarter when UTEP was going directly into it(this was the strong wind that kocked down Maddox's Field Goal attempt). Yet despite this strong wind, Leftwich continued to show good arm strength and accuracy. There probably won't be too many wind conditions worse than that 2nd quarter. So after seeing that first hand tonight, I am now a believer that he has both the mental ability and arm strength to play QB at this level.

The kid played really well tonight, so I hate to bring this concern up again, but he took some more really tough shots tonight. I watched him closely and he took a lot of big hits as he released the ball that many people probably didn't see. In fact, I believe the final Roughing The Passer penalty was more of an accumulation of so many near late hits instead of just that one close play, and this is why the Ref finally threw the flag. So again, if he is going to remain our Starting QB and if he is going to play well when healthy, then that is great. But is his 5'8" body frame honestly going to be able to make it through a complete 12 game schedule for 2 more years? I guess that's a problem for another day, tonight we will just celebrate his perfomance and the team's good victory.

Last edited:
Sorry I called you out, shy miner -- I thought you were a local.

That said, the rest of you local "fans" who didn't go to the game are lame.

Well, i think that Bloomquist's interview with FAU media telling them that our QB cant see over his line and wont be throwing downfield actually helped us out! For a kid that cant see downfield and shouldnt even be playing Div 3 he did alright tonight. Granted, i have not lived here long enough to be on the "we hate leftwich" wagon....so forgive me. Honestly though, the defense won this game IMO....Go Miners!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT