ADVERTISEMENT

New QB Zack Greenlee

For what it is worth, he was a 4 Star Recruit out of High School according to this ESPN link. He began last season as the Bulldogs Starter but couldn't hold onto the job. Looking at both High School and College stats, he shows a history of having a decent TD to Interception ratio. It gets us back to having 3 QB's again and continues Kugler's themes of upgrading and constant competition.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/stats/_/id/120674/zack-greenlee

Does he start?

Right now I think it will be Kavika, but it will be an open competion. Kavila has made alot of progress and i expect him to make a bigger leap in August. This offense fits Greenlee better than Fresno's. I expect him to play well. Metz is great practice qb. He reminds me of Orlando Cruz. He looks like John Elway in practice but when the lights come on and theres more pressure for whatever reason he doesnt do well. To me Kavika's playmaking ability will be the difference. August will be interesting.

At least it gives us another QB who can compete for the starting job.

I don't think n e one has the starting job nailed down and Kavika will be on the field regardless of what happens. He's too talented and will be in there for various packages

I think Metz has the tools to be a good QB. I believe Metz's issues last year were mental. Agree with you guys, Kavika is a play maker and UTEP needs to keep him on the field.

As much as I like Metz and Kavika I feel a lot better that we have a 3rd quarterback. Metz was too inconsistent last year and it seemed like every time Kavika was on the field it was just so he could run the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT