ADVERTISEMENT

New San Antonio Commanders Gear & AAF Hats, Tank Tops, Beanies, Sweatshirts, Hoodies & Much more!

Feb 11, 2019
AAF SAN ANTONIO COMMANDERS GEAR
AAF San Antonio Commanders gear at College Football Today features exclusive San Antonio Commanders AAF merchandise that can only be found at College Football Today.

NEW ALLIANCE OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE INFORMATION PAGE

AAF San Antonio Commanders Flat Bill Cap
s971875269941670557_p537_i1_w600.jpeg

s971875269941670557_p536_i1_w600.jpeg

s971875269941670557_p536_i2_w600.jpeg

AAF San Antonio Commanders Pom Pom Knit Cap

AAF San Antonio Commanders Socks

s971875269941670557_p529_i1_w600.jpeg

AAF San Antonio Commanders Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt

AAF San Antonio Commanders 3/4 sleeve raglan shirt

AAF San Antonio Commanders Crewneck Sweatshirt

AAF San Antonio Commanders Hoodie

AAF TEAM FAN GEAR SHOP
The College Football Today AAF Team Fan Gear Shop has special Alliance of American Football League team apparel now available in our AAF team fan gear shop at College Football Today. All products already discounted for the entire inaugural AAF season. Click on each picture to go directly to AAF product page or image below to enter ourAAF Teams Gear Shop with all AAF team gear at College Football Today. Shop all 8 AAF teams by clicking below.

What makes them think El Pasoans would support a San Antonio team???

If this AAF actually makes it past 2 or 3 years I think you'll hear EL Paso's name at least mentioned for expansion along with Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Louisville, Raleigh etc...

If this AAF actually makes it past 2 or 3 years I think you'll hear EL Paso's name at least mentioned for expansion along with Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Louisville, Raleigh etc...

A 2nd Texas team has to be added. Austin doesnt make sense cause its to close to San Antonio. Dallas and Houston doesnt need a team. So i think its between Corpus and El Paso.

A 2nd Texas team has to be added. Austin doesnt make sense cause its to close to San Antonio. Dallas and Houston doesnt need a team. So i think its between Corpus and El Paso.

If you’re right, it won’t be Dallas or Houston. Both will have XFL teams. I still think Austin would be the front runner for a 2nd Texas team.

Reactions: Minerforlife
If they expand Austin is the no brainer. Built in rivalry with San Antonio. I really doubt they expand. Next year we'll have the XFL. We still have the CFL which is a step up competition wise from the Aliance. Theres no way the Alliance and XFL both survive.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Lakers fan here.

The problem with Austin and professional sports is they only care and support UT sports. Austin and San Antonio are one hour away and I don’t see Austinit’s rally behind an Alliance team.

Lakers fan here.

The problem with Austin and professional sports is they only care and support UT sports. Austin and San Antonio are one hour away and I don’t see Austinit’s rally behind an Alliance team.

They're pretty stoked about the MLS.

Lakers fan here.

They're pretty stoked about the MLS.

MLS will pass. The year KD was on the Texas team, they were ranked #1 in the country with the best player in the country. The Irving center was half full and local sports talk radio was about who would be the new kicker next season. Austin is Texas Longhorn football, only.

MLS will pass. The year KD was on the Texas team, they were ranked #1 in the country with the best player in the country. The Irving center was half full and local sports talk radio was about who would be the new kicker next season. Austin is Texas Longhorn football, only.
What do you mean MLS will Pass? They've already been awarded MLS team.

They always average over 12,000 for hoops. They support basketball and baseball very well. The crowds for non conference games are smaller. However, the same can be said for every school except a few blue bloods.

In MLS, if you can average 20k plus a game, you will be fine. Round Rock leads the PCL in attendance with almost 9k per game, the Longhorns average 12k in basketball. Austin will easily draw 20k fans a game with all of the rich people there, corporations, businesses, and San Antonio a short drive away. If MLS soccer has lasted this long in Houston and Dallas, Austin will be no different.

Like this or not, and lets try to keep politics out of it. As they keep expanding the drilling from the Permian basin westward eventually it's going to hit the deep gas pockets that la underneath hudspeth and El Paso counties along the New Mexico border. When this happens oil and gas companies will start putting headquarters in El Paso. And when this happens you will have deep pocket corporations ready to spend millions to bring in entertainment for tax write off and entertainment purposes. At this point El Paso will be financially a much more major player in the state of Texas and will be able to draw bigger and better events. I cannot project how many years it would take I would venture to guess under 10 as they have already started drilling in Culberson County.

I love El Paso as it is my home. I think it's an awesome and unique place. I'm happy with all the stuff being built. I think if the Alliance is successful, El Paso would support that level of football huge and you would get sellouts.

However, media market wise, we're not players or anything close to it. If the Alliance expands to like 20 teams and they decide to take a chance on a smaller market, hopefully El Paso will be in the mix.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Off topic, yes.... still it turned into interesting conversation. I do think the Chihuahuas being successful has helped El Paso be seen as a more legitimate candidate for other considerations. The failure of both the Rumble and Generals makes me question football though.

I support any El Paso team. I hate soccer, but supported the Patriots. I liked Buzzards games as well.

the original poster is probably some manufactured bot or something. They're probably just trying to make sales and have no idea how huge Texas is and how far we are from San Antonio

Last edited:
Oh, since I was a kid in the 70s and 80s all I ever knew were Lakers and Celtics fans. A bit later on people liked the Pistons. I did know about two or three Spurs fans once David Robinson came into the picture. In the 90s people in this town went crazy for the Bulls. It's actually kind of funny to see all the Miami Heat fans that popped up as well as the Warriors because no one like those teams before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT