ADVERTISEMENT

Next Starting QB for Utep

Lets talk about it. This guy is my vote.

I can’t see that happening. I would imagine he’s going to have no shortage or suitors with NIL money begging them to start for their team. And if he’s smart he’d take little bro as a package deal

I can’t see that happening. I would imagine he’s going to have no shortage or suitors with NIL money begging them to start for their team. And if he’s smart he’d take little bro as a package deal
UTEP can give him that deal? Also tell him brother has job after he leaves. Brother is already here.

Dimel is glued to Hardison as the starter. Ain’t happening. The music noise is clouding his ability to look at any other qb.
I think the last 2 and 1/4 games showed that they need a true dual threat qb for his offense to work. They looked really good against utsa and FIU. They moved the ball consistently until Brownholtz tore his hamstring utsa. Go find a QB in the portal who wants a chance to be a starter and let him and Hardison compete. Hardison has had 3 seasons to show that he’s the guy, and he hasn’t been able to.

In this day and age of college athletics you never know, these players come and go like the wind. Days of loyalty, player development and waiting your turn are gone. Nothing is secure or solid.

Lets give credit to Brownholtz for sticking around and to showing us the right fit for this offense is a true dual threat qb. My prediction is Hardison will start but will be running new option type plays for him to run next year.

I still believe we need more speed players both in the defense and offense to make plays.. How about a speed halfback?
Lets see what Santa will bring us in the future...

Damn shame. If Brownholtz gets equal time and a fair shot UTEP wins at least three more games. Surprised he is bypassing his last season despite one more year of eligibility.
Saw his goodbye tweet to EP... What did I miss? Is he transferring, or just choosing not to use the last year of eligibility he has?

Reactions: kickballpro
Damn... Cant beat that. Good for him - but sucks for us. I really think he would have been the starter next year. I know some guys don't practice well, but shine when the big lights are on. I think even Dumb-el would have had to concede that he should have been leading this offense by season's end.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Damn... Cant beat that. Good for him - but sucks for us. I really think he would have been the starter next year. I know some guys don't practice well, but shine when the big lights are on. I think even Dumb-el would have had to concede that he should have been leading this offense by season's end.
While I agree with you that Brownholtz is the much better suited to run the offense. I'm not sure how you sell the team on practice performance doesn't matter and still get guys to compete.

While I agree with you that Brownholtz is the much better suited to run the offense. I'm not sure how you sell the team on practice performance doesn't matter and still get guys to compete.
I get it. I don’t necessarily disagree. But I know there’s just certain guys that don’t practice well. It’s not that they don’t try or don’t care - they just underwhelm for whatever reason. Poor execution, missed assignments whatever. But when they get in games they play very well to exceptional.

Reactions: Taco1977
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT