ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU making headlines again

BillyFlava08

New guy
Silver Member
Jan 30, 2024

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned. It’s been all over the local news.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned. It’s been all over the local news.
NMSU can go fly a kite.

Ok, but in all seriousness, no need to pile on the team, coach and fans (as annoying as they can be). NMSU must and should go through a type a catharsis because the indicted crimes and loss of life at UNM are serious; however, the anger at AD Mario Moccia and NMSU past (who signed off Moccia contract) & current board members is totally justified and Moccia should step down so healing can come.

NMSU can go fly a kite.

Ok, but in all seriousness, no need to pile on the team, coach and fans (as annoying as they can be). NMSU must and should go through a type a catharsis because the indicted crimes and loss of life at UNM are serious; however, the anger at AD Mario Moccia and NMSU past (who signed off Moccia contract) & current board members is totally justified and Moccia should step down so healing can come.

How are the team, coaches, and fans annoying?

Anyone watch this game? Were they getting chippy before the punch?

NMSU can go fly a kite.

Stop it. MM isn't going anywhere nor should he.

NMSU making headlines by winning two in a row. It's sucks we can't say the same about UTEP.

NMSU making headlines by winning two in a row. It's sucks we can't say the same about UTEP.
Wait a minute, weren’t you, Larry & Moe commenting on the adulterated version of CUSA just a couple days ago?

Senter and Bronzeing have alienated most of the remaining fans. That and because NMSU actually tries…
To be fair Stull, Floyd, and Terry all had a big hand in the fan base draining either simultaneously or before Senter and Golding ever set foot on campus. Would’ve been ideal if Senter and Golding could have at least plugged the leakage, but we all know that hasn’t been the case. Next men up!

Last edited:
Why can't Utep get a crowd like this?

Also, NMSU is only two years removed from making it into the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, and recently had a steak of making the Tournament 7 out of 8 years, which would almost certainly have been 8 of 9 if not for COVID. We haven't made the Tounament in 14 years.

Also, NMSU is only two years removed from making it into the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, and recently had a steak of making the Tournament 7 out of 8 years, which would almost certainly have been 8 of 9 if not for COVID. We haven't made the Tounament in 14 years.

That's not why. The fact is El Paso is a bandwagon fan city. UTEP has horrible support from the city. The reason UTEP is not in a bigger and better conference is because of the city. It's not because of the coaches or the AD. If fans wouldve just showed up then Utep wouldn't be left behind. The Don should be full even if UTEP is having a bad season.

That's not why. The fact is El Paso is a bandwagon fan city. UTEP has horrible support from the city. The reason UTEP is not in a bigger and better conference is because of the city. It's not because of the coaches or the AD. If fans wouldve just showed up then Utep wouldn't be left behind. The Don should be full even if UTEP is having a bad season.
Not altogether wrong, but a simple minded answer none-the-less. Have you ever looked behind the shadow to see what’s casting the shadow? Why is El Paso a “bandwagon fan city”? Why is there “horrible support from the city”?

Not altogether wrong, but a simple minded answer none-the-less. Have you ever looked behind the shadow to see what’s casting the shadow? Why is El Paso a “bandwagon fan city”? Why is there “horrible support from the city”?

It's funny because Locomotive and Chihuahuas game are busy on Saturdays. People show up for quality products.

No excuse for the punch, but the guy got an elbow to the body just prior on the replay
Yep. I was at the UTEP Liberty game and Liberty is very physical. Much more than we are. We looked soft in that game. I'm sure they were just as physical at NMSU and one of their players lost his head. The player that was punched didn't play in the UTEP game. He was there in warmups.

Yep. I was at the UTEP Liberty game and Liberty is very physical. Much more than we are. We looked soft in that game. I'm sure they were just as physical at NMSU and one of their players lost his head. The player that was punched didn't play in the UTEP game. He was there in warmups.
I was wondering why Kalu didn't start. I assume it was just Golding trying to conform to the Liberty lineup.

To be fair Stull, Floyd, and Terry all had a big hand in the fan base draining either simultaneously or before Senter and Golding ever set foot on campus. Would’ve been ideal if Senter and Golding could have at least plugged the leakage, but we all know that hasn’t been the case. Next men up!

Yes, they started it. Then Senter came in and raised ticket prices for worse opponents and bad performances.

Tickets were $8 years ago and now they're $9.15. What a big increase!
Those aren’t the majority of tickets. Those are also the worst tickets. I am referring to the majority of other tickets which are nonsensical and overpriced.

So then if you buy a $9.15 ticket, you are entitled to sit in the $28 seats? Isn’t that being poor? If you want to sit there, why wouldn’t you just buy a $28 ticket?

So you're "poor" if you save money? 😆😆😆

No, it's called being smart with your money.

Why would you buy a $28 ticket when you can save almost $20 and sit in the same seat?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT