ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU making headlines again

That’s a stretch. They come 45 minutes this way to “hang out” every Thursday-Saturday
YouR response to why UTEP cannot draw like NMSU is cuz there's nothing to do in less Cruces. And it was brought up that they don't have a Topgolf or minor league sports. So are we to assume that's the reason for the attendance discrepancy. I stand by my point your answer makes no sense.

YouR response to why UTEP cannot draw like NMSU is cuz there's nothing to do in less Cruces. And it was brought up that they don't have a Topgolf or minor league sports. So are we to assume that's the reason for the attendance discrepancy. I stand by my point your answer makes no sense.
It’s obviously in jest saying it’s the entire reason, but let’s not pretend like us having more options/attractions to spend our time and money with than at a mediocre basketball experience, with a mediocre basketball team wouldnt factor in. Along with their promotions, recent championship teams, and tournament appearances and utep’s lack there of makes a healthy combination. Plus there’s El Paso’s infatuation with alcohol, which makes utep have to battle even with the local bars on Thursday and saturday games. Hope my explanation was more comprehensive for you this time. My silly one liner is just a small nail in the coffin

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Plus there’s El Paso’s infatuation with alcohol, which makes utep have to battle even with the local bars on Thursday and saturday games.
What data do you have to support this “infatuation” that other big cities don’t?

Drinking at bars is new? That wasn’t an option 30 years ago? Maybe if UTEP gave people a reason to attend their games, there would be less issues with bars “stealing their clients”.

Bad answer. EP is about the same in terms of being a social hotbed
LC and for that matter, other areas of West Texas, come to El Paso for home, business and social activities. Yes, that includes downing a few and it is a problem for LC as their law enforcement have to sometimes have sobriety check points, often. On the other side of the coin El Pasoans go get stupid and drunk at Caballo or even closer like Chope’s or a wine tasting place (watch the cult movie “Sideways” to know what I’m talking about. It’s safe to watch but intended for the divorced adult movie goer), as I said two sides of the same coin. Or, do as most, shop for the best beer/liquor specials in El Paso. And if your hood, shop around for “Mini’s”, “Shooter’, “Nip’s” or “Singles” in both EP and LC. They are very popular with gang bangers in Las Cruces but due to their limited means, managers limit their amount so they pile in the ‘95 Ford Taurus and come to El Paso.

That my friend, is your interstate drinking tour between El Paso and LC. Don’t believe me? Go ask a cop from either city.

Alcohol is like oil in Texas, so sell it, buy it and consume legally, “but let’s make money!”. New Mexico has not figured that out or want nothing to do with it.

Reactions: jdubb66
LC and for that matter, other areas of West Texas, come to El Paso for home, business and social activities. Yes, that includes downing a few and it is a problem for LC as their law enforcement have to sometimes have sobriety check points, often. On the other side of the coin El Pasoans go get stupid and drunk at Caballo or even closer like Chope’s or a wine tasting place (watch the cult movie “Sideways” to know what I’m talking about. It’s safe to watch but intended for the divorced adult movie goer), as I said two sides of the same coin. Or, do as most, shop for the best beer/liquor specials in El Paso. And if your hood, shop around for “Mini’s”, “Shooter’, “Nip’s” or “Singles” in both EP and LC. They are very popular with gang bangers in Las Cruces but due to their limited means, managers limit their amount so they pile in the ‘95 Ford Taurus and come to El Paso.

That my friend, is your interstate drinking tour between El Paso and LC. Don’t believe me? Go ask a cop from either city.

Alcohol is like oil in Texas, so sell it, buy it and consume legally, “but let’s make money!”. New Mexico has not figured that out or want nothing to do with it.
You were drunk when you wrote this weren't you?

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT