ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

Dimel was saying on the News that the Jacksonville State road trip was extremely difficult and had a lot of challenges apart from the game. He said they’ve learned how to travel from the trip and will be more mature this time around.

My son and I looked at each other and said, ‘what the hell happened on that trip?’
I’d put this failure on the coaching staff again. How many road games have they coached in and still haven’t figured out how to travel and “mature” on the road?? Explains a lot of our road struggles

Dimel was saying on the News that the Jacksonville State road trip was extremely difficult and had a lot of challenges apart from the game. He said they’ve learned how to travel from the trip and will be more mature this time around.

My son and I looked at each other and said, ‘what the hell happened on that trip?’
Any pathetic excuse for the tv camera but no mention of HIS elephant sized turd (play calling)

I know a lot of people are saying Northwestern is a mess and they’re right for the picking so UTEP needs to be motivated and driven to win but we also need to acknowledge their thing too. Do you think Northwestern has circled this game on their calendar and they’re thinking they can win this game? I’m sure the players and fans will.be hyped for this game and highly motivated.
I don’t get the sense their fans are hyped for anything this year. There is a reason we are favored in this game

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Northwestern overcame a 21-point deficit to defeat Minnesota in overtime. (Heading home from the game now.)

There's always hope.

NW, might be better than we thought or we might've just gave them the push they needed. Jax St. is certainly better than we thought and UNLV might be decent. However that doesn't change the fact that Dimel should have this group playing better and with less mistakes and at the very least 3-3 at this point of the season. So no excuses it's on Dimel who should have this program further along and therefore after this losing season, I believe we'll be on a coaching search and hope we get it right. Just wish Utep's Football Season could be over already SMH!

The Miners could have gone into halftime leading 10-7 if the FG attempt was good, but no it was wide right. Then NU came out in the 2nd half with adjustments that simply revealed the difference between a P-5 Big Ten team (even if lower level talent compared to the upper caliber of the conference) & an overmatched opponent. The line of scrimmage was owned by the Wildcats - they wore down the Miners.

Even so I enjoyed the beautiful day at Ryan Field Evanston, IL in my orange UTEP Tshirt & EL PASO cap - representing! I hope they schedule a return someday soon!

Howard has a hellacious running back
I was very impressed.

Northwestern is 3-3 now, and probably just needs 2 more wins to go bowling (they have the #1 APR ranking). There are a few teams in the Big Ten West that I think they could beat.

Someone should ask Dumbel how Beaun could possibly be competitive and overcome expectations given the bad situation he inherited. 💁🏽‍♂️
And also ask Dismel how Jerry Kill is able to get NMSU to a bowl game two years in a row, win a bowl game, and make the CUSA Championship game all within his first 2 seasons coaching there? He has had 6 years here and isn’t even close to accomplishing any of that.

Sadly, I traveled up from San Antonio where I lived at the time for that. Regret being there to watch our Miners get destroyed but somehow appreciate having been there to watch Tomlinson have such an incredible performance.

Although "incredible" is arguable since it was against us...
He set the D1 single game rushing record against us. AJ had a chance to erase it against North Texas but Kugler pulled him in the 3rd quarter with only 330 yards rushing. Or something like that...

Last edited:
He set the D1 single game rushing record against us. AJ had a chance to erase it against North Texas but Kugler pulled him in the 3rd quarter with only 330 yards rushing. Or something like that...
The record was broken twice in 2014. Currently the single game rushing record is 427 held by Samaje Perine set in 2014 against Kansas. Aaron Jones was pulled 3rd quarter with 301 yards so he was still 126 yards away.

Tomlinson's big day against UTEP is currently the #4 single game performance

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Sadly, I traveled up from San Antonio where I lived at the time for that. Regret being there to watch our Miners get destroyed but somehow appreciate having been there to watch Tomlinson have such an incredible performance.

Although "incredible" is arguable since it was against us...
Well that year the Miners were pretty darn good and that game was for the WAC title I believe. So it's not like Utep was a normal Utep team that year.

NU's expected win today over Purdue (Cats ahead 23-7);makes NU bowl eligible, what a season for the Cats!
Oh! For the Miners to have such a season!! Dismiss Dismal!!

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Northwestern was originally scheduled to play NMSU this season. When NMSU joined CUSA, NMSU was dropped from the schedule and replaced with UTEP.

I guess Northwestern dodged a bullet.

Reactions: MinerFan79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT