ADVERTISEMENT

Ok soo

PURPLEFIRE

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2003
instead of everyone screaming about the obvious which is easy to do!! Let's play you are the coach with this roster... How would you fix things???

My lineup would be

Pg Harris
Sg. Artis
Sf. Moore
Pf. Winn
C romine. Jones when he comes back

The shot clock is only 30 seconds now so I would have them do a full court press with the idea not of causing turnovers but of milking the clock and them having less time to work with which should create some tougher shots in my mind..... I also really like the 1-3-1..... I know rebounding is an issue with a zone but honestly we can't get any worse rebounding !! Offensively they need to run and use their speed anytime they can... And their 3pt attempts need to drop and we need to attack the basket ..the players off the ball need to show a lot more movement as well....... Ahhhh ran out of time but I'm curious what others would do??? Like I said easy to bitch and whine but what would you do to fix it?

Harris
Artis
Moore/Thomas
Winn
Jones

Our problem is we can only start 5. Seriously, we have a crisis of confidence. This team needs composure and Harris can give it to them. Artis needs to stop trying to do everything and just be who he is. And stop dribbling behind the back. There is NO need for that. Haskins would have had him on the bench for that immediately.

I think our biggest issue outside of rebounding is defense, opposing guards have drilled us the last 5 games. When you can't play pressure defense or rebound you can't run or get it down the court. We have way to many outside jump shooters and I would (1) Not play Moore and Morris at the same time, their game mirrors each others too much, don't think we need two wings with the same strengths and weaknesses. Winn at PF, with Thomas as backup, Vint at center with Jones, Romine as backup (don't like this but what else is there?). Outside it is a crap shoot, Artis can run an offense, but gets burned on defense, Harris can score but has shown little ability to slow down and stick on defense either, Flaggert can play some defense but can't rebound. Caldwell plays defense and can rebound a bit but is too small and is not a great shooter but for the sake of team chemistry I would give him more minutes. Nobody on this team takes it to the hole outside of Winn and Harris and even they don't finish often enough. The outside guard play is a mess and we can't have 3 players taking nothing but 24 ft. jumpers most times down the court.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT