ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Game Grade

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Utep played decent offensively in the 1st quarter. O line produced some holes and Dawn showed speed. Receiver's really need to work on getting open and holding on to the ball, they will be a work in progress. Metz throws an accurate ball.
Offensive Grade C-
Defensive line made some plays, but overall was vastly out physicaled and left too many running lanes. LB play was poor and secondary was beyond awful!
Defensive Grade F
Special Teams nothing wowed me, but didn't hurt the team and punting was ok Special Teams Grade C

Overall D
Now let's beat Rice and improve on all our mistakes. It was more schematic and assignment mis reads rather than just being dominated physically

Reactions: miner661
The secondary units have to improve, or we'll give up big play after big play, game after game. There was nothing too impressive about Mason's defense today. Granted, they were fed to the lions. We'll score points, that I'm sure of. But, their inability to not give up 20+ yards every down is worrisome.

Athletic director's grade: F, for not retiring five years ago and sparing us the agony of basketball and football mediocrity and hopelessness.
Sorry for beating a dead horse/AD, but it makes me feel a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: sportsfan5000
It was bad, but OU is loaded, so let's be fair. This is their best shot at the playoff (which is still a joke). Kug has to do something about the d line woes. The first string didn't make one decent up front stop and the tackling was eh. Mason' s D stinks. Hopefully this is his last year. Saturday is extremely winnable and they need it.

The OU game is over and done and we owe them one more game in 2022. I beg and hope the new AD doesn't schedule anymore with that institution. Not in basketball, not in anything.

It was bad, but OU is loaded, so let's be fair. This is their best shot at the playoff (which is still a joke). Kug has to do something about the d line woes. The first string didn't make one decent up front stop and the tackling was eh. Mason' s D stinks. Hopefully this is his last year. Saturday is extremely winnable and they need it.

The OU game is over and done and we owe them one more game in 2022. I beg and hope the new AD doesn't schedule anymore with that institution. Not in basketball, not in anything.
Oklahoma basketball is not Oklahoma football, so I have no problem with the UTEP men's basketball team playing them. Don't know if I should go there or not, but I will. During the 2010 season under Barbee the Miners beat OU basketball.

Mike Farrell:

Baker Mayfield – Is it possible that Mayfield could have been more efficient in the first half against UTEP? Yes, but only if he went 20-for-20 instead of 19-for-20. Mayfield was lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT