ADVERTISEMENT

247 Sports re: Oregon game

It's hard to win when you can't shoot from the floor or the line. It's harder when you give up bucket loads of unforced turnovers and miss the easy shots you should make. This is going to be a long season. I was hoping for improvement this year, but this team so far might be worse than last year's team.

I'M FINALLY READY TO CONCEDE THAT OUR BOY GOLDING IS NOT THE ANSWER. HE'S THE PROBLEM. I CAN'T COME UP WITH A SINGLE POSITIVE IN ANY ASPECT OF THEIR GAME. NO OFFENSE. NO DEFENSE. THEY JUST FLAT OUT QUIT TONIGHT AFTER SOMEHOW BEING COMPETITIVE IN THE FIRST. I DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE POST GAME, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW HE COULD POSSIBLY DEFEND THE SORRY PERFORMANCE. I WON'T CONTINUE TO HOPE; THERE ISN'T ANY.

If this team was going to be good, Solomon was going to have to step up - he’s regressed. Point guard play was going to have to be elevated - it hasn’t been. Shooting was going to have to be impeoved - it’s not. Free throws were going to have to be made - they’re not.

Defense is intense and that’s about it.

I'M FINALLY READY TO CONCEDE THAT OUR BOY GOLDING IS NOT THE ANSWER. HE'S THE PROBLEM. I CAN'T COME UP WITH A SINGLE POSITIVE IN ANY ASPECT OF THEIR GAME. NO OFFENSE. NO DEFENSE. THEY JUST FLAT OUT QUIT TONIGHT AFTER SOMEHOW BEING COMPETITIVE IN THE FIRST. I DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE POST GAME, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW HE COULD POSSIBLY DEFEND THE SORRY PERFORMANCE. I WON'T CONTINUE TO HOPE; THERE ISN'T ANY.
Why are you YELLING?

Isn't this what most of us expected?
Watched the first half, Utep Defense was really good, offense was eh eh, but they did hit some 3s and it was a very close game. Second half I turned it on after an event I was at and it was a 16 pt game!!! Really seems Holding gets regularly out coached in the 22nd half. Granted Altman can probably coach circles around him, but it's most D1 coaches. I like Goldong, but now this team is just disappointing 😒

I agree with the person that said the team quit. I've noticed that this team tends to do that when they're down.

In the post game, Golding pretty much said that he doesn't know what to do. I like him and his energy but it doesn't seem to be clicking with him.
Every minute Golding is here is time wasted. Nice guy but this experiment is done. Let's see how long Senter takes to see it...

I agree with the person that said the team quit. I've noticed that this team tends to do that when they're down.

In the post game, Golding pretty much said that he doesn't know what to do. I like him and his energy but it doesn't seem to be clicking with him.
I don't know what to do with the team I picked in my 3rd year here.... Super Encouraging 😔

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Can Walden be the 1st coach to Coach both Football and Basketball at the same school. Just saying we'd be pretty popular if he can be successful at both! Lol 😂

Golding took time to get Abilene going … be patient… he will still probably end up with 20 wins this year…. Honestly he just needs to find shooters and this team would be really good …. If he find some success (20 win seasons) I think he will start getting better recruits

Golding took time to get Abilene going … be patient… he will still probably end up with 20 wins this year…. Honestly he just needs to find shooters and this team would be really good …. If he find some success (20 win seasons) I think he will start getting better recruits
3 years is enough for CUSA. Win this year or get lost. With the transfer portal you can turn things around in 1-2 years

Honestly, why isn't he giving Camper more minutes? The kid blew up in juco....what do we have to lose?
Bench all the starters. Let the young kids play. See if that works or gets the others to figure their shit out.

Reactions: shyminer81
I have not been much of a fan of Golding, last night was brutal. You compete with a (depleted) Oregon team in the 1st half, and completely look "off" in the 2nd. Oregon, made adjustments, Golding, seems to always have the deer in a headlight look. I'm sure he is a nice guy, and "says" the right things... So did Dimel. It's like watching Dimel ball on offense. Those early games, were NOTHING more than bologna... Let's see what happens during conference play, but if they end with another LOSING record, Golding needs to go. How much longer is his contract? Or did Senter extend, after year one, with "20 wins."

I wasn’t able to watch the game last night but it sounds like I didn’t miss anything good. I hate to say it cuz I was all in on Golding but it ain’t gonna get any better. He can’t go play for the guys but he hasn’t identified ANY shooters in his time here, either. I saw we shot in the 30s percentage wise as a team again. Not gonna beat any team worth a shit with that kind of production, or lack thereof.

Time to go. How many years left on CJG’s contract?

He had an excuse there. They were going through a transition from D2. That excuse won't work at UTEP and especially not in today's modern college basketball. I have not seen anything thus far that tells me he is a good enough coach to outpace his bad recruiting.

I wasn’t able to watch the game last night but it sounds like I didn’t miss anything good. I hate to say it cuz I was all in on Golding but it ain’t gonna get any better. He can’t go play for the guys but he hasn’t identified ANY shooters in his time here, either. I saw we shot in the 30s percentage wise as a team again. Not gonna beat any team worth a shit with that kind of production, or lack thereof.

Not even half way through yet..

Reactions: Lil_Train

He signed a 5 year contract, so 2 years left after this one.

Last edited:

You missed a good competitive 1st half lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT