ADVERTISEMENT

On to the CBI?

N
Still not happy that the tables were turned on us last night. W. Kentucky and the Refs unfortunately knocked us out from a chance at hearing our names called on Sunday... Kinda. The CBI I believe is a $27,500 buy in + invitation. Do most of you think we should play in this if invited. I'm on the fence honestly. I'd say I'd only want us to participate if the team plans to stay together for next year and if they commit to really trying to win it.
Nope

Looks like the CIT is still trying to field a tournament. 9 teams. One of them is 11-22

LOU HENSON CLASSIC

Tuesday March 19
Abilene Christian (15-17) vs Texas A&M Corpus Christi (21-12)
Texas Southern (16-16) vs. Tarleton State (23-9)

JIM PHELAN CLASSIC
Wednesday March 20
Purdue Fort Wayne (21-12) vs Bowling Green (20-13)

HUGH DURHAM CLASSIC
Wednesday March 20
Alabama A&M (11-22) vs. Austin Peay (19-15)

JOHN MCLENDON CLASSIC
TBA
vs. Norfolk State (22-11)​

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
Looks like the CIT is still trying to field a tournament. 9 teams. One of them is 11-22

LOU HENSON CLASSIC

Tuesday March 19
Abilene Christian (15-17) vs Texas A&M Corpus Christi (21-12)
Texas Southern (16-16) vs. Tarleton State (23-9)

JIM PHELAN CLASSIC
Wednesday March 20
Purdue Fort Wayne (21-12) vs Bowling Green (20-13)

HUGH DURHAM CLASSIC
Wednesday March 20
Alabama A&M (11-22) vs. Austin Peay (19-15)

JOHN MCLENDON CLASSIC
TBA
vs. Norfolk State (22-11)​
4 teams that we played already, and we were 2-2 against them.

Alabama A&M should be ashamed to even accept this SMH. That's like getting a 50 on your midterms, but they pass you anyways, because they need enough students to complete the semester.

Alabama A&M should be ashamed to even accept this SMH. That's like getting a 50 on your midterms, but they pass you anyways, because they need enough students to complete the semester.
UTEP better not even consider this non sense.

Reactions: Dmanminer
There is something deeper to these circumstances? NIT needs to go back to previous format. Ok, NIL and the Portal changed the game, but these are college athletes and reward those who busted their fanny to win the conference. Stop acting like FBS P5 conferences and purveyor of "show me the money" power players.

That’s what the NIT deserves. They thought they were so important, they could tell the mid majors we don’t want you.
The last thing they had going for them was playing in Madison Square Garden, and they threw that away.
Some elites who didn’t understand who they were.

Other people figured it out. Beating teams that won 30% of their conference games proves nothing. Losing to them is even worse. UTEP has nothing to gain by playing in the CBI.
I think the discussion of the CBI is a moot point now, don't you? Lol

Reactions: utep1966
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT