ADVERTISEMENT

OPT Utep at (Future PAC-12 Member CSU)

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Since no one seems to want to start one….
Utep Defense played capable for 3 Quarters against Liberty. I think Locklear should’ve been pulled. Red Zone offense apparently is still ran by Dimel. Buzz still sucks. With all that said I’m calling the upset and 1st win of the year!
Miners 24
Rams 20

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Skylar throws his 2 int in as many quarters. UTEP is down 10-3 at halftime.

Scotty “fast, physical, and fearless is how that kid plays. He’s got a moxie to him, you know, those picks were actually my fault, not his. He’s got this aura that I’ve never seen. That second pick was just perfect into the defenders arms. I’ve never seen a pick being thrown with such toughness, Mando. I’ve got scouts calling me everyday about his mental toughness. Those holding penalties are all the offensive lines fault. Skylar I’ll tell you what, the way he scrambles back there, man, I saw that at Austin Peay, John.”

Anyhow somehow someway…………

UTEP 26
CSU 24

UTEP's offensive play calling is horrendous. Second half defense is atrocious.

CSU - 48
UTEP - 7
You didn’t watch the game vs Liberty did you? The 3rd quarter Defense from UTEP was very good!!! It’s what had them in the game 14-10 with a chance! Much improved from the game before Defensively overall. The offense and especially turnovers was the issue last game.

CSU 62
UTEP 17

We're not going to win a game from here on out. CSU is going to come out swinging and pile on.

The offense can not score and the defense is pooped the start of the fourth.

• Wow
Reactions: nattybry
CSU 62
UTEP 17

We're not going to win a game from here on out. CSU is going to come out swinging and pile on.

The offense can not score and the defense is pooped the start of the fourth.
Do you really think CSU is Heads and Shoulders better than Liberty?!?! That’s a Bold statement! There’s no way CSU gets anywhere close to 62. We’re not playing Ohio St. this week, just to make sure you didn’t look at the schedule wrong lol

Do you really think CSU is Heads and Shoulders better than Liberty?!?! That’s a Bold statement! There’s no way CSU gets anywhere close to 62. We’re not playing Ohio St. this week, just to make sure you didn’t look at the schedule wrong lol
-"The Miners have gone 27.5% on third down" so far this year.
-"The Miners were out gained by a total of 417-335 [against Liberty], lost the turnover battle 3-2, and went 3-14 on third down in the loss."
-"Colorado State hasn’t been anything special to start the season, but UTEP has been awful. Take the Rams at home here. "
PickDawgz.com

The defense is unpredictable but the offense puts them in bad spots. The blitz coverage is horrid. UTEP can not stop a blitz. Liberty was getting so cocky on their blitz's that one play they just ran untouched and got to Sky right as he caught the shotgun snap. I totally expect CSU to blitz seventy five percent of the time. It's worth the risk. UTEP only hope is Kam and Odum but that limited because Sky can't see the open wr because he is running for his life.

UTEP secondary sucks. They get beat often.

The one bright spot is that the penalties were clean against Liberty; however, UTEP could not finish a drive.

Now, when it is early in the game guess what problem Scotty has? He can't put "3" on the board with any certainty of confidence. This is a big deal because now he has to go for it. You "don't take points off the board" and the psychological affect for the offense shifts because you got stuffed or failed a short out which has happened. Sky has moxy and grit but he can't get it done. I have seen enough, he is not a FBS caliber qb.

UTEP can not play four quarters. The offense gets worse in the fourth and the defense gets pooped out. Huskers called of the dogs in the fourth, SUU literally just ran off tackle and blitzed every snap and stopped UTEP and Liberty did the same thing with quick out passes sprinkled here and there that our db's could not stop.

Both team are reeling bad right now but UTEP is worse and CSU is at home and will looking for blood. It will get ugly by middle of the fourth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firstdowndash
UTEP's last win against CSU, thirteen years ago:

"10/22/2011

"Vernon Frazier rushed for a career-high 167 yards and UTEP piled up 340 yards on the ground in a 31-17 Homecoming win over Colorado State on Saturday in the Sun Bowl.
The 340 rushing yards were the most for the Miners (4-3, 1-2 C-USA) against an FBS opponent in 20 years. The UTEP defense turned in a stellar effort as well, holding the Rams (3-4, 1-1 MWC) to 255 yards while collecting six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
The Miners scored the game's first 14 points and didn't trail, although the Rams cut the deficit to 14-10 midway through the second quarter. But UTEP responded with 17 unanswered points, highlighted by an 83-yard scoring run by Frazier - the longest rushing play by a UTEP player since 1988.
Leilyon Myers supplemented UTEP's rushing attack by gaining a career-best 81 yards on 15 carries. Nick Lamaison scored the Miners' third rushing TD of the night on a 33-yard run early in the fourth quarter. Lamaison attempted just 15 passes and threw for 116 yards.
Defensive standouts for the Miners included Greg Watkins, who had two sacks, and Adrian James, whose 74-yard interception set up Dakota Warren's 36-yard field goal shortly before halftime. Colorado State rushed for 93 yards and passed for 162, as Pete Thomas completed 19-of-33 attempts."

Miners vs CSU 2011

• Love
Reactions: FarWestTexas
CSU 52
UTEP 0

Everyone talking about the Mountain West (realignment)
Does anyone remember the 1989 WAC matchup against CSU at the Sun Bowl, in the snow
CSU won 52 to 0, ahh the memories of sneaking JD in my cowboy boots and a flask in each boot.
Let's see if anything has improved in 35 years...damn I'm old.

CSU 52
UTEP 0

Everyone talking about the Mountain West (realignment)
Does anyone remember the 1989 WAC matchup against CSU at the Sun Bowl, in the snow
CSU won 52 to 0, ahh the memories of sneaking JD in my cowboy boots and a flask in each boot.
Let's see if anything has improved in 35 years...damn I'm old.
I was there I was there lol

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT