ADVERTISEMENT

OPT: UTEP @ La Tech

20-Zach-Zimos.jpg
Your player (thug) of the game ZAC ZIMOS.

Transferred from Arkansas after last season.

Reactions: utep2step
Yeah if they didn’t knock out our QB we win. Great effort, not even mad! I say we beat M. Tennessee and Kennesaw and have a chance to beat NMSU and I’ll take 4-8 in Walden’s 1st year honestly.
Bro that’s definitely not happening. I doubt Skyler plays which means Scotty is going to run every single play but 2. I don’t think we can even beat kennesaw or win any games u less the defense holds teams scoreless or scores the points themselves

I like Walden’s energy but holy hell his offense is Dana Dimel bad. He just starts spamming plays, screen, screen, screen, QB run, QB run, QB run.

He’s saying “we need to sustain drives.” How can you when you’re calling the same 2 sh*t plays all game?
Actually, as bad as it was, Dimel's offense was significantly better than Walden's

We lost because:
1. Walden IS NOT a offensive guru.
2. Has no clue how to call a game.
3. He did not have a plan if Skylar got hurt.
4. Defense backs are not D1 players.
5. Kickers- both- suck.
6. O line do not have the ability to pass block. Or block for kickers.
7. Screens can’t work if players refuse to block.
8. We are UTEP.

We lost because:
1. Walden IS NOT a offensive guru.
2. Has no clue how to call a game.
3. He did not have a plan if Skylar got hurt.
4. Defense backs are not D1 players.
5. Kickers- both- suck.
6. O line do not have the ability to pass block. Or block for kickers.
7. Screens can’t work if players refuse to block.
8. We are UTEP.
8 is the most important part.

The players change
The coaches change
The conferences change
The results don’t

I just remember the first two seasons it was those QB dives with Locksley. Dimel just ran that poor guy into the ground.
That was classic Dimel offense. He captured lightning in a bottle running it with Freeman at KSU but Freeman had a great arm as well that stymied opponents. After that, he never would strike gold again.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What's extremely troubling is Walden recruited Pickles, but he refused to allow him to throw. I get it, he's a freshman, but this is college. You go out there and prove your worth, Walden played chicken "poo" football. His play calling has been terrible all season, he threw h special teams under the bus (rightfully so) but he needs to call out his "play caller" as well. Oh that's right, its him! So far we are witnessing a younger, jumpier, Dana freakin Dimel... Can they win 2 out of the last 4? He also better go grab a transfer QB....

I honestly think y'all need a chill pill. A LOT of guys bailed once Dimel was let go. They didn't even wait around to see who was hired. Scotty gets hired and has to stop the bleeding quick. So, what would you do? Personally, I would have done the same by bringing in guys familiar with my system and hope that holds us over until I get get the right guys in next year. Sure, he has stuck with guys familiar with the system too long. I understand that too.
I feel the defense has seriously improved every game. Holding ANY team to 14 points is cool. The offense NEEDS linemen. No one can do crap when the defense is in the backfield when the ball is snapped. The dink and dunk passes are because we can't protect crap in the backfield. We could have used Hankins this year, but that fool bailed on us to get 5 carries a game.
Scotty does need to let the OC call plays and mix up the lineups to see who performs better.

Aside from that, I believe we are headed in the right direction.

I honestly think y'all need a chill pill. A LOT of guys bailed once Dimel was let go. They didn't even wait around to see who was hired. Scotty gets hired and has to stop the bleeding quick. So, what would you do? Personally, I would have done the same by bringing in guys familiar with my system and hope that holds us over until I get get the right guys in next year. Sure, he has stuck with guys familiar with the system too long. I understand that too.
I feel the defense has seriously improved every game. Holding ANY team to 14 points is cool. The offense NEEDS linemen. No one can do crap when the defense is in the backfield when the ball is snapped. The dink and dunk passes are because we can't protect crap in the backfield. We could have used Hankins this year, but that fool bailed on us to get 5 carries a game.
Scotty does need to let the OC call plays and mix up the lineups to see who performs better.

This guy brought in 70 new players to his team. Is doing at a school with less fan support and money than here at UTEP.

This guy brought in 70 new players to his team. Is doing at a school with less fan support and money than here at UTEP.

Sorry bro. Not gonna argue with you. I like what I see and feel for now. I know where I've been the last 40 years. This "feels" different, and in my eyes (my friends as well) we are doing better.

Go find someone else to bait. It ain't hapnin here today, bruh.

Overall, very disappointed with the loss. Similar to the SU game, we allowed a winnable game get way from us. I see this team fighting hard every time we compete and like our intensity. I see our players still believe in the coaches, which is very important. The defense has been playing great the last few games and have kept us in several games. The offense and special teams need a major overhaul. It was unfortunate to see Locklear go out on that dirty play. Had he remained, I think we would have won the game. Our punter needs to hurry up and do a better job punting. Our kicker is inconsistent and both have cost us games. I agree with bringing an experienced OC who is more creative and can improve our offensive lack of productivity. This team is more disciplined and hope we can improve and maybe get a couple of wins before the season ends. I also hope we address our issues and bring in some impact players via the transfer portal or juco during the offseason. I’m not giving up on Walden yet, but hope he makes the right adjustments and we see major improvement.

Sorry bro. Not gonna argue with you. I like what I see and feel for now. I know where I've been the last 40 years. This "feels" different, and in my eyes (my friends as well) we are doing better.

Go find someone else to bait. It ain't hapnin here today, bruh.
Excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rinse and repeat for every UTEP hire since Tony Barbee!

I think we’ve all already picked up the system and we’re not in any of the rooms. It’s a super simple scheme, nothing complicated at all. Anyone can pick up the system easily

Biggest problem is the o-line. Without a decent one , no scheme will work. And ours is not close to decent!

Overall, very disappointed with the loss. Similar to the SU game, we allowed a winnable game get way from us. I see this team fighting hard every time we compete and like our intensity. I see our players still believe in the coaches, which is very important. The defense has been playing great the last few games and have kept us in several games. The offense and special teams need a major overhaul. It was unfortunate to see Locklear go out on that dirty play. Had he remained, I think we would have won the game. Our punter needs to hurry up and do a better job punting. Our kicker is inconsistent and both have cost us games. I agree with bringing an experienced OC who is more creative and can improve our offensive lack of productivity. This team is more disciplined and hope we can improve and maybe get a couple of wins before the season ends. I also hope we address our issues and bring in some impact players via the transfer portal or juco during the offseason. I’m not giving up on Walden yet, but hope he makes the right adjustments and we see major improvement.
On a new OC, it would not matter. Like Dimel, and others, Walden calls the offensive plays. It is highly unlikely he would let those duties go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT