ADVERTISEMENT

OT: American Left has lost its Mind.... by a leftist

Nowadays you don’t need a college education to have a successful life. I know cleaning ladies and gardening dudes taking in over 60k a year running their small business.

Not what am I saying. You can train a guy to lay tile and clean hotel rooms in a week. Someone wanting to be a lawyer or doctor, takes years to do so. That is working hard, even though it’s not labor intensive.

How is that racist? I’m sure plenty of Mexicans attend Franklin too. Does a guy laying tile “work harder” than a lawyer? Yes. Did the lawyer “work harder” to have a career than the tile layer? Yes.

Yes, if you contribute more to something, you should be “rewarded” more than those that don’t.

What???? How you know the lawyer worked harder?? How you know it's not just some rich kid that was given the job because daddy was the boss of the law firm?? Isnt there a bunch of celebrities in trouble for paying for their kids to get into some college?? Did the Kardashians work or harder than Cardi B??

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Not what am I saying. You can train a guy to lay tile and clean hotel rooms in a week. Someone wanting to be a lawyer or doctor, takes years to do so. That is working hard, even though it’s not labor intensive.
I know. I’m saying with the right attitude and work ethic a guy that lays tile can live in the same neighborhood as the lawyer.

What???? How you know the lawyer worked harder?? How you know it's not just some rich kid that was given the job because daddy was the boss of the law firm?? Isnt there a bunch of celebrities in trouble for paying for their kids to get into some college?? Did the Kardashians work or harder than Cardi B??

In order to be a real lawyer or doctor, you have to pass tests, can’t just be one because your dad says so.

Yeah and that is wrong and they got caught. If they would have just settled for Long Beach St instead of USC, everything would have been fine.

I don’t give two shits about any Kardashians or Cardi B. They’re rich for other reasons and if they walked into a restaurant, they would get the table before you did. Is it fair? No, but that’s how shit works. Maybe Cardi B works hard, I don’t care, it’s music. Sometimes you get opportunities because you’re hot, and that happens in the real world too.

Jim Senter isn’t going to listen to 2 year season ticket holder for 2 cheap seats. He’s listening to the big donors and long time season ticket holders.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I know. I’m saying with the right attitude and work ethic a guy that lays tile can live in the same neighborhood as the lawyer.

For sure. What I am saying that Fili doesn’t understand is, a part-time tile layer that huffs paint and gets welfare, doesn’t work as hard as guy who went to law school and become a lawyer.

I'm just saying that it's not fair and it's not equal. Everyone knows, I hate to say it but the white schools are better. Its a fact but like you said life isn't fair . It would be nice if every child like Juan or Jermaine had the same opportunities as Steve.
I dont think Franklin was built for white people. Maybe more white people live in the neighborhood?

Which are the top rated public high schools in EP?

It would be nice and I spend time going to schools to talk to kids about seeking opportunities. I have to admit though, I take tremendous pride in the fact that I was Juan and didn't have the same set up as Steve. It made me appreciate what I have earned, the value of hard work and compassion for people in that situation. It gave me what I feel was an advantage over Steve because it gave me a tenacity that I do have in fact control over my life.

I am thankful and blessed that I had to go through hell and hunger, thankful that I had beater vehicles after years of using the bus and walking. I am not an entitled millennial like the likes of Steve. Steve couldn't outwork me in any setting because the mentality is so different. I have what I feel is an El Paso/Miners mentality of we don't give up, we keep picking up the ax and keep grinding, keep digging until we strike gold.
Sterotyping Steve much?

Sterotyping Steve much?

To an extent yes. It's the chip on my shoulder that reinforces my mentality of "Steves". It's not necessarily a correct thing to do but it is done as a motivator to get me to work harder. Not all Steves are entitled millennials but in my experience, vast majority are.

Reactions: axingfools1
I’m interested in knowing how you view Trump’s constant use of personal insults against anyone on the opposing side of him?
I think it is awful and extremely unpresidential. And I also hate being called every awful term known to man because I disagree with people. I've said this before, I have debated conservatives and liberals and liberals are far worse at vicious name calling at the first sign of disagreement

Last edited:
To an extent yes. It's the chip on my shoulder that reinforces my mentality of "Steves". It's not necessarily a correct thing to do but it is done as a motivator to get me to work harder. Not all Steves are entitled millennials but in my experience, vast majority are.
Yes there is a big line between stereotyping and racism, but it can be blurred pretty quickly especially if you dont know the other person. We all have to be careful.

In a way I do because is the country of Colombia going to change their name since it was named after Christopher Columbus? Are we going to replace our founding fathers who fought tyranny to form this country?

Here's the reality: by the definition of some of these folks, everyone prior to (idk) ~1964 was racist and should not be mentioned. This is Orwellian in the changing of history and definition to fit a narrative. People are not nor ever will be perfect. Orwell in the book 1984 perfectly summarizes, "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

If Colombia was going to name itself after Christopher Columbus, and the country is a Spanish speaking country, shouldn't the name be Colonia (Cristobal Colon)? Also, the country is spelled Colombia, not Columbia.

Reactions: EP Maximus
If Colombia was going to name itself after Christopher Columbus, and the country is a Spanish speaking country, shouldn't the name be Colonia (Cristobal Colon)? Also, the country is spelled Colombia, not Columbia.

I am quite aware of the correct spelling of the country. I suggest you double check my quote and you'll see I spelled it correctly as Colombia.

And furthermore from lonelyplanet: "Colombia" is named after Christopher Columbus, the explorer who began the European colonization of the Americas. Even though Columbus himself never set foot, Alonso de Ojeda, one of Columbus's companions in his second voyage, was the first European to set foot in 1499.

In 1819, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama declared independence from Spain, and formed a country called "Gran Colombia". Venezuela and Ecuador separated in 1830. Panama continued to be part of Colombia until 1903, at which point it proclaimed independence.

I am quite aware of the correct spelling of the country. I suggest you double check my quote and you'll see I spelled it correctly as Colombia.

And furthermore from lonelyplanet: "Colombia" is named after Christopher Columbus, the explorer who began the European colonization of the Americas. Even though Columbus himself never set foot, Alonso de Ojeda, one of Columbus's companions in his second voyage, was the first European to set foot in 1499.

In 1819, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama declared independence from Spain, and formed a country called "Gran Colombia". Venezuela and Ecuador separated in 1830. Panama continued to be part of Colombia until 1903, at which point it proclaimed independence.
Lief Erickson.

Life isn't fair. As a Hispanic from central ELP with Austin as my homeschool, with 12k annual household income, I didn't let that stop me from going after an education. It took a lot of hard work to find that way but it can be done. To simply give up because the situation is tough is an excuse to not work hard. So no, education isn't fair so to speak, but if you truly want it, you find a way.
I'm assuming your family took advantage of some democratic based programs to survive? Did you attend Austin?

College and education is the most racist thing we have in this country . I would bet most minorities would need some kind of assistance or scholarship for college. Education is not fair. Kids going to Franklin have it better than kids going to Bowie.

It depends what type of parents you have and how much support they will offer you.

I know a single mother who doesn't make much who took second mortgages on her house, worked three jobs, and has two roommates to help pay for her son's private education.

There are kids who go to Franklin whose parents might not offer a lot of financial support.

Yes there is a big line between stereotyping and racism, but it can be blurred pretty quickly especially if you dont know the other person. We all have to be careful.

100% agree with this.

Somebody who goes to Franklin just doesn't have it easier automatically vs. a kid who goes to Bowie.

I drove a 15 year old car in college while going to UTEP. My parents made over $100k a year. My cousin who went to Riverside, whose mother probably made about $25-30k a year bought her son a brand new car and paid for a private college education because she went worked three jobs, had two roommates, and had a second mortgage on her house.

Calling me "entitled" because my parents made more money is silly.

I am not an entitled millennial like the likes of Steve. Steve couldn't outwork me in any setting because the mentality is so different.

I guess I was "entitled" because my parents made over $100k a year and I drove a 15 year old car going to UTEP.

Stop stereotyping people.

I would work just as hard, if not harder, than you.

I believe his name was Cristoforo Colombo as he was Italian, though since he sailed under the Spanish flag he was referred to as Cristobal Colon.

I've never understood calling him "Christopher Columbus" though. We don't refer to Juan Cabeza de Vaca as "John Cow Head "

I believe his name was Cristoforo Colombo as he was Italian, though since he sailed under the Spanish flag he was referred to as Cristobal Colon.

I've never understood calling him "Christopher Columbus" though. We don't refer to Juan Cabeza de Vaca as "John Cow Head "
Yes, you are correct. I belong to a christian organization that bears his name. I am a left leaning democrat, they are a right leaning conservative organization but they do great, great work. I have to hand out food with them next week in central EP.

With that being said, Columbus was an absolute barbarian. He was so cruel to the natives that even the traveling clergy were stunned by his actions, and they were used to seeing inhuman acts and the Spaniards kept good records of their actions, so it's fact, not hyperbole for back then or now. This is of huge, huge debate within our organization but they fall on historical text of the founder and what was going on in the late 19th century. An graduate history or philosophy student could tear it apart in a two page thesis and that's including the bibliography section.

Section 8, food stamps, Medicaid, free lunch, goodwill, etc...

Exactly! This is why I love when Judge Judy calls out people who says that money is "their money". She says it is her and Bird's money and everybody else that pays taxes.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT