ADVERTISEMENT

OT: American Left has lost its Mind.... by a leftist

This quote from the article really resonates with me because its happening with members of my family.

"Liberals are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats and intimidation.”

Debates are done. It's either you're wrong and I'm right or vice versa. My niece has gone as far as to say 'I will unfriend you if you vote for ___________'

This quote from the article really resonates with me because its happening with members of my family.

"Liberals are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats and intimidation.”

Debates are done. It's either you're wrong and I'm right or vice versa. My niece has gone as far as to say 'I will unfriend you if you vote for ___________'

Yeah and you see it played out everywhere. This state of constant outrage is ridiculous. We never have to agree on 100% of the things but we can be civil, can talk and can expand our perspective by listening to others. But the go to mechanism is name-calling, cursing, you aren't educated; just very sad to see.

Yeah and you see it played out everywhere. This state of constant outrage is ridiculous. We never have to agree on 100% of the things but we can be civil, can talk and can expand our perspective by listening to others. But the go to mechanism is name-calling, cursing, you aren't educated; just very sad to see.

And if you happen to like Trump and aren’t black, you’re almost automatically labeled a racist. If you dislike Trump, you’re a snowflake. Trust me, there’s racists and snowflakes out there, but one opinion on something doesn’t make you one or the other.

I am astonished. Mr. Texas A&M prep grad, not so surprised; but most of you, I'm a bit stunned.

I take it replacing Jackson with Harriet Tubman is "taking it too far" as well?

I am astonished. Mr. Texas A&M prep grad, not so surprised; but most of you, I'm a bit stunned.

I take it replacing Jackson with Harriet Tubman is "taking it too far" as well?

Personally, they can put Woodrow Wilson, Sacajawea, Tubman whoever and I won't care it's still 20 bucks. It's beyond my control who they want to put on currency.

Where I have an issue is that people don't want to listen to the opposing side without name calling, calling someone an -ism or -ist, saying their not educated; it pains me to see how intolerant people have become.

And regarding tearing down monuments and renaming things, why not use it to educate and spread the message of why that is incorrect. It's best to learn history than erase it. But again, just my opinion and it doesnt have to be liked.

Where I have an issue is that people don't want to listen to the opposing side without name calling, calling someone an -ism or -ist, saying their not educated; it pains me to see how intolerant people have become.
I’m interested in knowing how you view Trump’s constant use of personal insults against anyone on the opposing side of him?

Once liberals start doing it, then it's a problem. Typical.
Yep.

Think about it, the most gerrymandered or at least top 5, congressional district is literally in our back yard and belongs to Rep. Will Hurd (R) whom I personally respect, and created by GOP to water down dem votes from east EP County, parts of Hudspeth, Northern Presidio County, Brewster and follows HWY 90 to connect with deep red Medina County (outer loop of S.A.). (Culberson County is a red).

Aldo, a top RB asking his egomaniac HC from a P5 conference why he wears a right wing conspiracy TV channel T Shirt that says BLM is BS and removal of losing, factually bad and racist confederate generals and to just move them to museums where they belong and not in public squares is taking things too far? But gerrymandering that squash minority votes and maintain GOP in power is ok?

But lib journalism is the end?

Reactions: develman
I’m interested in knowing how you view Trump’s constant use of personal insults against anyone on the opposing side of him?

I feel that he could be a bit more reserved and wished that he could stay off of Twitter every now and then.

Having said that, he is in a different arena than us normal folks in that politics has now become dog eat dog. If he chose to back off, be more polite, he would be eaten alive by the opposition. The media would then condemn him that he is not communicating to the public, he is wanting to back down, even weaker than they say he is etc.
In the national political arena, being nice doesn't go very far. I mean, look at the DNC debates that took place and how vicious that was.

I feel that he could be a bit more reserved and wished that he could stay off of Twitter every now and then.

Having said that, he is in a different arena than us normal folks in that politics has now become dog eat dog. If he chose to back off, be more polite, he would be eaten alive by the opposition. The media would then condemn him that he is not communicating to the public, he is wanting to back down, even weaker than they say he is etc.
In the national political arena, being nice doesn't go very far. I mean, look at the DNC debates that took place and how vicious that was.
Acceptance instead of reflection is a refreshing response.

Ooof. Cancel culture runnin' wild. They've also made the decision to change the name of Aunt Jemima pancake/waffle syrup.
If a corporation/school recognizes their roots may be offensive or tied to racism and wants to change, do you consider that wild?

Reactions: develman
If a corporation/school recognizes their roots may be offensive or tied to racism and wants to change, do you consider that wild?

In a way I do because is the country of Colombia going to change their name since it was named after Christopher Columbus? Are we going to replace our founding fathers who fought tyranny to form this country?

Here's the reality: by the definition of some of these folks, everyone prior to (idk) ~1964 was racist and should not be mentioned. This is Orwellian in the changing of history and definition to fit a narrative. People are not nor ever will be perfect. Orwell in the book 1984 perfectly summarizes, "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

In a way I do because is the country of Colombia going to change their name since it was named after Christopher Columbus? Are we going to replace our founding fathers who fought tyranny to form this country?

Here's the reality: by the definition of some of these folks, everyone prior to (idk) ~1964 was racist and should not be mentioned. This is Orwellian in the changing of history and definition to fit a narrative. People are not nor ever will be perfect. Orwell in the book 1984 perfectly summarizes, "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."
I’m not sure about the political thinking of the people in a third world country.

I don’t follow traditions just because my parents told me that’s the way to do things. If through research I attain the knowledge that a traditional activity actually comes from a dark past I do my best to evolve.

Now the UNLV mascot is under fire. They removed a statue of their mascot and now the name 'rebels' is under fire.

This is crap. They are the Runnin’ Rebels. Shouldn’t Ole Miss change theirs too? I mean, Mississippi is a lot more racially divided, they should be at the forefront of this. If Ole Miss doesn’t change their name, no reason why UNLV should.

This is crap. They are the Runnin’ Rebels. Shouldn’t Ole Miss change theirs too? I mean, Mississippi is a lot more racially divided, they should be at the forefront of this. If Ole Miss doesn’t change their name, no reason why UNLV should.
It’s up to Ole Miss to accept their past and want to change the same way UNLV did.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

Ole Miss replaced Colonel Reb 10 years ago as mascot. He was replaced by a black bear as mascot. A few years ago a land shark replaced the black bear as the mascot. They still go by Rebels but the confederate imagery is long gone.

Reactions: JCorona
Are we in a Civil war right now??
It seems like its starting. Why not just split America in half the Democrats could live in the east coast. Republicans can take the west coast.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Ole Miss replaced Colonel Reb 10 years ago as mascot. He was replaced by a black bear as mascot. A few years ago a land shark replaced the black bear as the mascot. They still go by Rebels but the confederate imagery is long gone.

Wow that’s dumb, had no idea.

Are we in a Civil war right now??
It seems like its starting. Why not just split America in half the Democrats could live in the east coast. Republicans can take the west coast.

It's much more of an Urban Rural divide than it is a coastal divide. The big cities and metro areas throughout the country vote Democrat are progressive ran by Democrats. The rural areas even those in blue states are conservative and vote Republican.

This country leans left. Conservatism has been dying. Its propped up by the electoral college and the fact that they every state gets two senators. Wyoming and Idaho have the same pull in the Senate as California and New York. Since 1992 a rebublican candidate for president has only won the popular vote once (Bush in 2004).

This country is getting more diverse and educated and will only become more progressive.

It's much more of an Urban Rural divide than it is a coastal divide. The big cities and metro areas throughout the country vote Democrat are progressive ran by Democrats. The rural areas even those in blue states are conservative and vote Republican.

This country leans left. Conservatism has been dying. Its propped up by the electoral college and the fact that they every state gets two senators. Wyoming and Idaho have the same pull in the Senate as California and New York. Since 1992 a rebublican candidate for president has only won the popular vote once (Bush in 2004).

This country is getting more diverse and educated and will only become more progressive.

The system was created to prevent majority rule. The system created the bicameral legislative branch to give each state 2 senators however representatives are given based on the population of the state. This was created to prevent a few metropolitan areas from being the rulers of people all across the country.

“Educated” could mean a lot of things. Simply going to college or finishing high school doesn’t really mean shit. The more different people you interact with, you can usually see some things their way or will at least acknowledge some sort of difference. If you went to school or work with only the exact same people as you, your opinions are likely to closely resemble each other’s.

I learned more from working, traveling, and talking to people than I ever did from college.

The system was created to prevent majority rule. The system created the bicameral legislative branch to give each state 2 senators however representatives are given based on the population of the state. This was created to prevent a few metropolitan areas from being the rulers of people all across the country.

Of course. The founders however couldnt have imagined the huge rural to urban migration that has happened not only in America but throughout the world.

I learned more from working, traveling, and talking to people than I ever did from college.[/QUOTE]

That's really the point. If you are educated you're much more likely to leave your homogeneous neighborhood and travel and work in different parts of the country. Statistically your friends will be much more deverse than those who aren't educated. The experiences afforded by education tend to make people progressive.

Of course. The founders however couldnt have imagined the huge rural to urban migration that has happened not only in America but throughout the world.

I would hypothesize that after the lockdown, there will be a movement again (albeit not vast) to the rural areas. It's multifaceted in it's variables to disperse population density which showed that heavily populated urban areas were worst hit by the virus. Also, the fact that the urban areas due to that, didnt have as many restrictions with regards to reopening.

And I disagree. In the late 1700s, you did have urban areas. Washington D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, New York. Urban areas were obviously different than today. While the boom came with the industrial revolution mainly due to work commute (no cars in the 1800s), the theory holds true of not letting a few select cities, set the agenda for the entire country.

Last edited:
“Educated” could mean a lot of things. Simply going to college or finishing high school doesn’t really mean shit. The more different people you interact with, you can usually see some things their way or will at least acknowledge some sort of difference. If you went to school or work with only the exact same people as you, your opinions are likely to closely resemble each other’s.

I learned more from working, traveling, and talking to people than I ever did from college.

College and education is the most racist thing we have in this country . I would bet most minorities would need some kind of assistance or scholarship for college. Education is not fair. Kids going to Franklin have it better than kids going to Bowie.

College and education is the most racist thing we have in this country . I would bet most minorities would need some kind of assistance or scholarship for college. Education is not fair. Kids going to Franklin have it better than kids going to Bowie.

Life isn't fair. As a Hispanic from central ELP with Austin as my homeschool, with 12k annual household income, I didn't let that stop me from going after an education. It took a lot of hard work to find that way but it can be done. To simply give up because the situation is tough is an excuse to not work hard. So no, education isn't fair so to speak, but if you truly want it, you find a way.

If you say so. Kids going to Franklin, do have it better than the ones going to Bowie. However, a kid living in Bowie’s boundaries could go to Franklin if he had transportation and the will to do so. EPISD has open enrollment.

I think it’s fair. The Franklin kids’ parents have better homes and therefore pay higher taxes. Bowie barely brings in any tax money, so their school is worse. How would you feel if you were paying 6k a year in property taxes and your kids were “getting less school” so they could give it to a lesser school? One filled with “illegals” and parents who didn’t work as hard as you did, or chose to not do shit with their life?

Life isn't fair. As a Hispanic from central ELP with Austin as my homeschool, with 12k annual household income, I didn't let that stop me from going after an education. It took a lot of hard work to find that way but it can be done. To simply give up because the situation is tough is an excuse to not work hard. So no, education isn't fair so to speak, but if you truly want it, you find a way.

A lot of people use a situation like yours for an excuse. Just because you grow up with less than others, doesn’t mean you have to resort to crime or being a low-life. Everyone makes their own choices on how they want to live their life. You cannot choose your parents or their life, but you can be successful no matter how bad at parenting they were - in most scenarios.

I'm just saying that it's not fair and it's not equal. Everyone knows, I hate to say it but the white schools are better. Its a fact but like you said life isn't fair . It would be nice if every child like Juan or Jermaine had the same opportunities as Steve.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
If you say so. Kids going to Franklin, do have it better than the ones going to Bowie. However, a kid living in Bowie’s boundaries could go to Franklin if he had transportation and the will to do so. EPISD has open enrollment.

I think it’s fair. The Franklin kids’ parents have better homes and therefore pay higher taxes. Bowie barely brings in any tax money, so their school is worse. How would you feel if you were paying 6k a year in property taxes and your kids were “getting less school” so they could give it to a lesser school? One filled with “illegals” and parents who didn’t work as hard as you did, or chose to not do shit with their life?

You see that's stupid. That statement you said is the problem. That is racist. Just because their illegal they dont work hard ?? Just because they have nicer homes they should have better schools??Every school should get the same equal cut of the tax money. Why does it matter, all tax money goes to the same pot does it not??

You see that's stupid. That statement you said is the problem. That is racist. Just because their illegal they dont work hard ?? Just because they have nicer homes they should have better schools??Every school should get the same equal cut of the tax money. Why does it matter, all tax money goes to the same pot does it not??

How is that racist? I’m sure plenty of Mexicans attend Franklin too. Does a guy laying tile “work harder” than a lawyer? Yes. Did the lawyer “work harder” to have a career than the tile layer? Yes.

Yes, if you contribute more to something, you should be “rewarded” more than those that don’t.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I'm just saying that it's not fair and it's not equal. Everyone knows, I hate to say it but the white schools are better. Its a fact but like you said life isn't fair . It would be nice if every child like Juan or Jermaine had the same opportunities as Steve.

It would be nice and I spend time going to schools to talk to kids about seeking opportunities. I have to admit though, I take tremendous pride in the fact that I was Juan and didn't have the same set up as Steve. It made me appreciate what I have earned, the value of hard work and compassion for people in that situation. It gave me what I feel was an advantage over Steve because it gave me a tenacity that I do have in fact control over my life.

I am thankful and blessed that I had to go through hell and hunger, thankful that I had beater vehicles after years of using the bus and walking. I am not an entitled millennial like the likes of Steve. Steve couldn't outwork me in any setting because the mentality is so different. I have what I feel is an El Paso/Miners mentality of we don't give up, we keep picking up the ax and keep grinding, keep digging until we strike gold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT